Backstage @ The Haunted Mansion

mousehockey37

Can anyone on this site be positive at all? I mean really. Tell you what, I guess my experiences are so vastly different because of who I am and who you seem to be. And since I am now getting started, where PRECISELY in my post did I say anything about anyone forcing anything to happen smarty pants? HMMMMMMMM?

If half you people would accept that others have different and unique experiences maybe YOU would enjoy your trips. I notice in your reply that you discount what I have posted and proceeded to post what happened for you on your birthday. Point of fact here, when you discount what another has said, do not put in a "they saw my button and then.....". It is ignorant, and tacky.

And since I am sure you will have a snarky reply, I will ignore you.

Simply put. Force the issue, get ignored.

So I gave an instance of where I didn't force anything, and the CM's saw my button and did something. So what? It's not ignorant and tacky, that's what actually happened. Jealous much? o_O

There's a courtesy to wearing the buttons. Some choose to abuse it and try to get every freebie in the book, special treatment and so on. Others of us respect the fact and know that magical moments are just that, magical and spur of the moment.

HonorableMention

Can anyone on this site be positive at all? I mean really. Tell you what, I guess my experiences are so vastly different because of who I am and who you seem to be. And since I am now getting started, where PRECISELY in my post did I say anything about anyone forcing anything to happen smarty pants? HMMMMMMMM?

If half you people would accept that others have different and unique experiences maybe YOU would enjoy your trips. I notice in your reply that you discount what I have posted and proceeded to post what happened for you on your birthday. Point of fact here, when you discount what another has said, do not put in a "they saw my button and then.....". It is ignorant, and tacky.

I don't really think Mouse was trying to be negative, but was just trying to warn people that you can't go around expecting a VIP tour because of a birthday button that everyone and his brother is wearing. It's better to just go with the flow and be pleasantly surprised if something happens than spend every moment of precious vacation time trying to be noticed by CMs. That's what gets you disappointed. I can understand why you thought Mouse's comment was a bit on the rough side, but I think they were just trying to stress that wearing a button doesn't guarantee much. Anyway, to the OP, sorry about the bad news, but I hope you have a great birthday on your trip!

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
Getting a birthday button guarantees you nothing. Well, it guarantees you got a birthday button.

You can NOT force the magic to happen. CMs know the difference between genuine people and ones who are expecting the "royal" treatment.

If you try to force anything magical it WILL NOT happen. Yes, have your birthday button in the line of sight of CM's and when you're eating in the parks, it will get noticed. If you have ADR's, make a note in the ADR itself that there's a birthday amongst your party.

I have a great example of this... A few years back, my DGF and I were going down Main St. in the MK. We heard the Dapper Dans and we went over and watched them do a few numbers. My DGF asked if she could get a picture with them, the lead singer razzed her a little bit, but said just kidding and she got her picture. As I'm taking the picture, they saw my button and broke out into Happy Birthday. I didn't ask for it, didn't even think it would happen, but there I was, handing off the camera, getting my picture with the Dapper Dan's as they're singing Happy Birthday to me. Well, as everyone else on Main St. is hearing and seeing this, you see parents literally running with their kids to try and have the same "magical moment" be a recurring theme. Well, as soon as they were done, I said "thanks so much", got a "you're welcome" and then you hear "move out!" and off they went breaking into strolling song, meanwhile leaving all of the magic forcing parents in their dust.

Plain and simple, just wear the button(s) and go have a good time. The second you try to abuse the wearing of the button is the second you might as well take it off.
I've def never been one of those people to announce its there bday to begin with! Plus I've celebrated my anniversary there this past summer.... I never said a word, the CMs were loving us all day long!!! I know I'll get the same reaction with my bday pin.... thanx for ur story!

Prince Thomas

Original Poster

U just gotta feel bad for certain people Hun and pray for them!!! Magic follows me where ever I go... I know I'll have extra magic on my bday at Magic Kingdom!!!!! I will the positivity into my life, that's why good things happen!
When I see people write something negative in my post I first take the negative and somehow flip it to something positive I've learned! These people are so miserable that they will try to rob u of ur light/happiness.... Just pray for them!

mousehockey37

U just gotta feel bad for certain people Hun and pray for them!!! Magic follows me where ever I go... I know I'll have extra magic on my bday at Magic Kingdom!!!!! I will the positivity into my life, that's why good things happen!
When I see people write something negative in my post I first take the negative and somehow flip it to something positive I've learned! These people are so miserable that they will try to rob u of ur light/happiness.... Just pray for them!

Sadly, they were referring to me. Sorry, but I'm not sorry for providing an example showing about how "magic" can happen for some and not others.

You're right, some people are just luckier than others, but as you said, you're not going in expecting it. It's like those people that somehow can win the big jackpots in the lottery every couple of years.

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
And like you are not rude yourself and "snarky"?! I love when people come on and reply to people and make assumptions about them and their experiences. What he said was 100% accurate. Others have even said the same on this thread alone. Get over yourself.
So over the bullies in here

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
Simply put. Force the issue, get ignored.

So I gave an instance of where I didn't force anything, and the CM's saw my button and did something. So what? It's not ignorant and tacky, that's what actually happened. Jealous much? o_O

There's a courtesy to wearing the buttons. Some choose to abuse it and try to get every freebie in the book, special treatment and so on. Others of us respect the fact and know that magical moments are just that, magical and spur of the moment.
But like who does that?????? Lol omg Lol Stop forcing your "issue" on people

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
I don't really think Mouse was trying to be negative, but was just trying to warn people that you can't go around expecting a VIP tour because of a birthday button that everyone and his brother is wearing. It's better to just go with the flow and be pleasantly surprised if something happens than spend every moment of precious vacation time trying to be noticed by CMs. That's what gets you disappointed. I can understand why you thought Mouse's comment was a bit on the rough side, but I think they were just trying to stress that wearing a button doesn't guarantee much. Anyway, to the OP, sorry about the bad news, but I hope you have a great birthday on your trip!
It came across def as negative.... It did. End of story

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
Sadly, they were referring to me. Sorry, but I'm not sorry for providing an example showing about how "magic" can happen for some and not others.

You're right, some people are just luckier than others, but as you said, you're not going in expecting it. It's like those people that somehow can win the big jackpots in the lottery every couple of years.
Thank u for that at least

lazyboy97o

But like who does that?????? Lol omg Lol Stop forcing your "issue" on people
Unfortunately, a lot of people. Just look at some of the stories of great character interaction that went viral and effectively killed that special moment for anyone else going forward. Or the idea of "the grey stuff" being a special secret treat at Be Our Guest.

yensid67

Prince Thomas, you just gave a demonstration of how you turn negativity into positivity! You WILL have a magical trip, because YOU will make it magical just by seeing the positive in everything you do.

If I may offer a suggestion to your original post...I have to go with others and say there is no way to get backstage at HM. BUT I would suggest taking a special time and having a birthday dinner at your favorite restaurant on/off property. Have you ever tried Capone's Dinner Theatre in Kissimmee? It is a all you can eat dinner with drink(soda, beer and wine) and dessert for $34.99 (half-price internet special) That would be a great celebration for you and your group! Look it up, I think you would have a great time. I think you would get into character as one of the gangsters from just the way you have sounded in your posts on here! Hope you keep in touch and give a report when you get back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom