Backlot theatre to be demolished

MickeyJman06

Original Poster
i read from MGM Studios that Disney has filed paperwork with the Orange County Comptroller's Office to demolish the old Backlot Theater which used to be home to the Hunchback of Notre Dame stage show as well as the Spirit of Pocahontas show and Beauty and the Beast. No official word on what will replace the theater, which has been closed to the public since 2002.
so it is being demolished

Epcot82Guy

That's been rumored to be on the books for a long time. I hope we get something really high level (I REALLY wish the ________ Tracy attraction would come to light. There are so many possibilities with that). Since LMA didn't pull what people thought it would, I think that area needs a new E-Ticket ride-based attraction.

MERF! COME BACK AND SEARCH FOR US! :lol:

Coasterbp

I wouldn't expect to see demolition start until after the beginning of next year. It's currently the home storage area for SoDL equipment and show pieces. All of the stuff will have to be moved before they will demolish it.

uklad79

I wouldn't expect to see demolition start until after the beginning of next year. It's currently the home storage area for SoDL equipment and show pieces. All of the stuff will have to be moved before they will demolish it.

The Osborne Lights will be all up by mid Nov so I would expect them to start around that time. I am sure we had a thread on hear recently stating that it will become the home of band contests or something like that?

uklad79

Since LMA didn't pull what people thought it would, I think that area needs a new E-Ticket ride-based attraction.

Wow where did you hear that? The shows always seem to be packed out and each one is holding thousands of people but if you have read something that states otherwise please fill us in.

Thanks

wow sound cool if true just think with toy story mania and a possible coaster next to toy story and now maybe something new where the old theatre was (probable a new drinking fountain lol) looks like they have some big plans for mgm nice to see there giving it the much needed attention it been screaming for ages.

startraveler

Can't remember where I saw it, but I read that they were going to put up another theater for the high school bands and choirs to perform and compete in so they could tear down the Galaxy theater in Tomorrowland to make way for something. Probably just a wild rumor :shrug:

nibblesandbits

That's been rumored to be on the books for a long time. I hope we get something really high level (I REALLY wish the ________ Tracy attraction would come to light. There are so many possibilities with that). Since LMA didn't pull what people thought it would, I think that area needs a new E-Ticket ride-based attraction.

I'm sorry...I know it's wishful thinking on your part, b/c I'm sure the ________ Tracy ride would have been neat, but you want them to build an attraction for a movie that came out at the latest early 90s that didn't do so hot? I know that there was a comic strip for it too, but it is definitely not one that many kids now know about. This just doesn't make sense. And I hope you know I'm not attacking you...I just simply don't see Disney building something based off of something that has no relevance for 2007 and beyond. I would be amazed if I ever heard the ________ Tracy idea was still something that Disney would even consider doing. Maybe taking pieces from it and changing it to something that fits now, but definitely not in it's original form.

However, I do hope that whatever's going in the theater will be amazing. The studios needs it!

I remember when MGM first opened around the same time as D!ck Tracy movie came out they had a show at MGM. I never got to see it but I have the Eyes & Ears from it.

I heard from a CM that this will be the new area for "High School Musical"

God I hope not. that is starting to get on my nerves.

KevinPage

I heard from a CM that this will be the new area for "High School Musical"

Ah, not good news for those of us who want quality things to do. But good news for me feet to avoid that section of the park all together. (Still haven't seem LMA and no desire to).

Hopefully we'll soon see the death of these "stunt shows" at any park.

:D :D :D

CaptainMichael

Ah, not good news for those of us who want quality things to do. But good news for me feet to avoid that section of the park all together. (Still haven't seem LMA and no desire to).

Hopefully we'll soon see the death of these "stunt shows" at any park.

:D :D :D

It's another "bandaid" that won't stand the test of time and won't really do much of anything. They should rename the park: Disney's Bandaid Studios sponsored by Johnson and Johnson.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom