Trip Report Back to Disneyland & Ringin' in 2016!

This is my second trip report that I've done, I wrote my last one for a surprise trip I gave to my husband in November 2015. I had a lot of fun sharing our trip I decided to share another.
Hope you enjoy it!

Backstory:

My husband and I went to Disneyland in July/August 2015 for 9 days and were planning a two week trip to WDW in 2015, we worked out that the cheapest option for passes was getting the Premier Pass that covered both parks. While in Disneyland in the summer we decided that since we had never seen Disneyland decorated for Christmas we would make our pass even "cheaper" and go to Disneyland after Christmas.

We are from northern Wisconsin and normally fly out of Minneapolis, but since it was Christmastime we had family obligations and had to visit my husband's family in Chicago. So we had a round-about way to get to Los Angeles....we flew from Minneapolis to Chicago spent some time with the in-laws, then flew to LA from Chicago, then when we left LA it was back to Minneapolis and then home. Oh and while we were gone our kitchen was getting redone so we had to clean out our whole kitchen (that made Christmas dinner a challenge), but that was fun to come back to.

As for the travelers, it is just my husband and myself. We are two peas in a pod!

On to the report!. Our travel dates were December 29, 2015 to January 2, 2016.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I miss it too. I really liked those little houses. Your pictures are so beautiful. I've never gone to DL, now I need to go, not just want, but I NEED to go!

I agree you NEED to go to Disneyland. I think every Disney fan has to go, and thanks for joining the party!

The matching t-shirts, designed by your hubby, put a big smile on my face! :happy: No, you're not dorks (as you mentioned ;) ), you're both confident!! Yes, it takes confidence to wear those together! :D Really, though, you two always know how to have fun, and enjoy the holiday season. All the pictures are great, by the way. :)

Thank, glad you like our shirts and my pictures!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
A look at the outside of the Dream Suite. I'd love to spend the night there and just sit out on the balcony and enjoy the park with a coffee early in the am.
IMG_4371.JPG

Some cool decorations in a tree of New Orleans Square.
IMG_4374.JPG

A little decoration in Frontierland.
IMG_4375.JPG

And some interesting swags in Rancho del Zocalo area.
IMG_4378.JPG

The last attraction we did as a tour before the Christmas parade was it's a small world. I only took pictures (this time riding) in the Polynesian room. I wanted to get a good picture of Stitch on the surfboard with the Elvis bobblehead. I kind of failed, you can kind of see the Elvis but it isn't a great picture.
IMG_4384.JPG

After it's a small world we were brought to the VIP seating area for the parade. We were given our special pins, gingerbread cookies (which weren't too bad, I'm not a huge fan of gingerbread so I just nibbled on it), and hot cocoa in a Christmas souvenir cup.
IMG_4386.JPG
IMG_4396.JPG

IMG_4394.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Christmas parade was really nice to see and we had good seats. I prefer the MK's Christmas parade and song, but overall I think both are well done.
I was impressed that the first float had a ballet dancer on it. As I am not graceful at all, I couldn't imagine doing something like this on a moving vehicle.
IMG_4402.JPG

Next up were the Toy Soliders. I love me some toy soliders in the MK's Christmas parade, and I was not disappointed with these. I kind of think the whole parade could just be the toy soliders, with a dash of gingerbread men, and prancing reindeer.
IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4407.JPG

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

I was so caught up in the Toy Soliders, I almost missed the next float! Which had Mickey on it! I can't believe I almost missed Mickey.
IMG_4412.JPG

Then came some rascal...Chip and Dale!
IMG_4415.JPG

Next in the parade came some dancing snowmen and women. I thought they were cute, hubby thought they were creepy. What do you think?
IMG_4419.JPG

IMG_4420.JPG

Cesar R M

The Christmas parade was really nice to see and we had good seats. I prefer the MK's Christmas parade and song, but overall I think both are well done.
I was impressed that the first float had a ballet dancer on it. As I am not graceful at all, I couldn't imagine doing something like this on a moving vehicle.
View attachment 127570

Next up were the Toy Soliders. I love me some toy soliders in the MK's Christmas parade, and I was not disappointed with these. I kind of think the whole parade could just be the toy soliders, with a dash of gingerbread men, and prancing reindeer.
View attachment 127571

View attachment 127572

View attachment 127573

View attachment 127574

View attachment 127575

I was so caught up in the Toy Soliders, I almost missed the next float! Which had Mickey on it! I can't believe I almost missed Mickey.
View attachment 127576

Then came some rascal...Chip and Dale!
View attachment 127577

Next in the parade came some dancing snowmen and women. I thought they were cute, hubby thought they were creepy. What do you think?
View attachment 127578

View attachment 127579
Id say half are cute, half creepy.. and good shot on the rascals.. love chip and dale! XD

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Excellent photos!! You had a great location to take your pictures. I love Tigger on the sled! :joyfull: I also really like the "toy" soldiers, the CMs on the roller blades, and the reindeer! The gowns on the princesses were beautiful. The Christmas trees were so pretty. More pictures! More pictures, please!! :happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Id say half are cute, half creepy.. and good shot on the rascals.. love chip and dale! XD

Thanks, Chip and Dale are always fun. Even though I love Mickey, Chip and Dale are always my favorite characters to meet as they always do something funny. One time they opened my purse, looked inside, and then pouted and shooed me away. They were looking for snacks and I didn't have any, so I apologized and then they took their picture with me. It was funny, they are rascals.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Excellent photos!! You had a great location to take your pictures. I love Tigger on the sled! :joyfull: I also really like the "toy" soldiers, the CMs on the roller blades, and the reindeer! The gowns on the princesses were beautiful. The Christmas trees were so pretty. More pictures! More pictures, please!! :happy:

Thanks Minnie. I will post more pictures later today. I'm trying to get my digital photo book of my Europe trip from June done this weekend. I don't think I'll get done but I have to stop dilly dallying.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
After the parade we wandered over to Tomorrowland, I don't know why we didn't do anything over there. I think hubby was hoping there would be fast passes available for something. (There wasn't.) .
IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

Then we had a 5:30 reservation for Big Thunder Ranch, we went over to look around and check in. We had never eaten there before and decided we should since it was our last chance. It really good food, BBQ ribs, sauasage, chicken, corn bread, beans, and coleslaw. We focused mostly on eating meat.
IMG_4497.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4504.JPG

IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4519.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom