Trip Report Back from Disney

As usual, our Disney vacation was as great as it always has been. However, Disney failed when it came to the lines for rides.

For some reason, in every park, the 2nd magic band check point was not being used, except for Space Mountain. Therefore, throughout the 7-days at the park I was there, whether it was day or night, kids and even adults, hopped to the other side from the standby line, easily got on the ride through the fast pass entrance. The lines for fast pass were long and it did seem that this could have been the problem.

After seeing this done several times, I did say something to the cast members at the 2nd fast pass scan that was not running, and they said "we know, people have told us, but they were still told to not use the 2nd magic band scan". Therefore, they have acknowledged there is a problem, but Disney still decided to do nothing about it. We were also told that during peak season, throughout the course of the day, the 2nd scanner slows down the flow of the ride considerably.

The best part of the trip was in Epcot. We park hopped from MK to Epcot, cancelling our 3rd MK fast pass in order to get one from Epcot. For some reason, there was a glitch in the system that wouldn't cancel our 3rd fast pass and guest relations was on the phone with IT for well over an hour trying to fix it, but the IT department couldn't. Being they couldn't fix it, the cast member at guest relations saw from our bands, that we were scheduled to be in Epcot 3 other times, therefore she gave us unlimited fast passes for all the rides for each day we were in the park. We had very happy kids at that point.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
Don't get me wrong, regardless of the fast passes at Epcot, the trip was great. Disney just needs to keep that 2nd magic band scanner operating. If I were to have counted, as to how many families crossed the line to jump on to the fast pass side, I would have lost count at over 100 people and that would have been the count for the first couple of rides. People would literally stop us from walking as they shoved in front of us, and other families, as they hopped over to the fast pass side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom