Baby swap question

Autumnly

Original Poster
Quick question: We'll be going with 2 adults, a 4-year old and a 1-year old. If DH rides with the 4-year old while I wait with the little one, when it's my turn can the 4-year old ride again with me?

Any advice on keeping the 1-year old amused during all this waiting? I think we'll end up splitting up for some of the time to avoid this.

goofysgurl

Yes the 4 yo can go again. When we visited last year our 3 yo and 2 yo stayed with me while DH and our 2 older children went on the rides - when we swapped the kids got to go on again!

melmood2000

I think you might find that almost all of the rides the 4 year old wants to ride, your 1 year old can ride as well. We kept our 1 year old busy with snacks while we waited for things. If he/she is starting to walk they will be just amused to toddle around while you follow plus it helps to wear them out.

Justdrew

What my husband and me usually do (for example) when we would go to Soarin he goes on with my oldest and I take the little one and go on the Living with the Land ride or leave and go to Finding Nemo ride. By the time I would come back they are already done with the ride and I go on with my oldest and my husband takes the baby and do either the same or we meet somewhere close in the park.

Batphobic

What to do with the little one while waiting? Depends on which rides you're talking about. For Splash Mountain (will the 4 yr old be tall enuf for that?) there's a playground right under the train station. Adding it all up I've spend hours there over the years using the child swap.

I like to just put the little one in the stroller and walk around and people watch or look at the Disney details that I can't focus on when the whole family is with me.

One time -- I can't believe it even now -- we were there with another couple and together we had 6 kids ages five and under. My wife and the other couple went on Space Mountain and I had ALL SIX of the little kids at a bench by the entrance to SM and we just sat there and sang songs (they sat in strollers, the other adults helped push them over there before they got in line). I would have been in real trouble if any one of them had an emergency of any kind. WHY did I do this??? Maybe looking for brownie points from my wife or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom