Babies in Disney

MKgirl85

Original Poster
Hi, I am travelling to Disney in Sept, with what will be my 1 year old daughter... Im not new to Disney but this will be my first trip with her, what is everyones experiences with how much extra sets of clothes they pack for their young ones?

Weather_Lady

Will you be staying on property? I'd guess she'll need a change of clothes about as often as she needs one at home, and you can prevent the need for bringing too many extras if you're able to do wash mid-week. (All of the on-property resorts have washers and dryers, usually conveniently located near the pool.) And just like at home, you'll want to keep a clean spare onesie/outfit (or two) in the diaper bag every time you leave your hotel room, just in case. ;)

We're past the baby days, so I've typically brought just one extra outfit per child, with doing some extra hand-washing in the sink as my contingency plan.

Tinkerbell397

And don't forget that it is very hot in Disney in September....I think it is the hottest and most mid time of the year. So a one year old will need light clothing, small and easy to pack. :cat:

MKgirl85

Original Poster
yes luckily ,we are staying at property, which we always do. luckily most of her clothes are little i can just almost do onesies and little shorts everyday to save on space and keep her cool.

CaptainAmerica

My baby was five months on our last trip and breastfeeding so we didn't have to worry about food mess, just poop mess. Our only blowout was right when we sat down for dinner at Boma but luckily we were staying at DAK Lodge so I was able to get her upstairs to change. I think we stuck with one outfit per day besides that.

MKgirl85

Original Poster
my daughter usually does pretty good that we dont have too many issues but we go in spurts where she has poop blowouts like daily for a week then goes forever without any haha. i planned on packing two a day,or at least two onesies a day and hopefully if we blow out it doesnt make it to the shorts, haha.

SAV

I suggest bringing the child's swimsuit along in a large Ziplock bag and you can quickly change them into that and they can jump around in the little kids fountain areas in Epcot and MK to cool off. Then you aren't using an outfit when they get one soaked. And you can just put the wet one back into that bag so it doesn't soak the diaper bag.

DizneyPryncess

I wanted to suggest a little raincoat, or even rain boots for your 1 year old, if you have the room. We packed them for our daughter, and it rained a bunch on our trip. I thought it would be harder with a poncho on a child so little, but my husband & I were fine with poncho's. She wore her raincoat w/hood, and rain boots, and it worked out great. I didn't have to deal with drying wet sneakers. :)

boilerpicc

We took our daughter at 15 months in Sept, and it wasn't too bad (not as easy as 3 months, but easier than 27 months). We generally had 2 extra outfits in the diaper bag, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, some washcloths (to put on her neck in case she got hot), sippy cup filled with water, and several baby food pouches. Most of the time we didn't need all that stuff, but it made us feel better to have it. We generally tried to schedule a sit down meal during one of her nap times each day, so she could nap in the air conditioning, without us going back to the resort. If she got too hot, we would hang out in the baby care centers for a little while to cool down. I definitely recommend doing onesies and light cotton clothes. We put her in a princess dress one morning, but it got too hot later, so we had to change her. Our daughter wasn't walking then, so the stroller and a baby carrier were both musts for us. We only used the baby carrier while waiting in long lines. The rest of the time we stuck it under the stroller.

MKgirl85

Original Poster
We took our daughter at 15 months in Sept, and it wasn't too bad (not as easy as 3 months, but easier than 27 months). We generally had 2 extra outfits in the diaper bag, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, some washcloths (to put on her neck in case she got hot), sippy cup filled with water, and several baby food pouches. Most of the time we didn't need all that stuff, but it made us feel better to have it. We generally tried to schedule a sit down meal during one of her nap times each day, so she could nap in the air conditioning, without us going back to the resort. If she got too hot, we would hang out in the baby care centers for a little while to cool down. I definitely recommend doing onesies and light cotton clothes. We put her in a princess dress one morning, but it got too hot later, so we had to change her. Our daughter wasn't walking then, so the stroller and a baby carrier were both musts for us. We only used the baby carrier while waiting in long lines. The rest of the time we stuck it under the stroller.
which baby carrier did you use? we have rented a stroller so we have that, but not 100% sure on the baby carrier yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom