Awfully quiet lately. . .

Nemo14

I'd be afraid Disney Security may detain you for tomfoolery and cause you to miss your boarding...
They don't detain you, but they sure do follow you around....not that I know first-hand or anything....
smileys-whistling-823718.gif

5thGenTexan

Our two DCL cruises were out of Galveston and both on the Magic. Both were in the 3K range I believe. Now I look at cruises and everything is $4500 - $5000 inside plus another 1500 to fly to Florida. Sure, there are still trips out of Galveston that don't require a flight for us but they are all during a time when school is still in session or a Holiday cruise that is $5,000or more. You can get lower priced cruises for 3 or 4 days, but I just don't see dealing with the hassle of flying for a short cruise.

I think we have effectively been priced out of a Disney cruise. I don't like it, but it is just the way it is.

rob0519

Our two DCL cruises were out of Galveston and both on the Magic. Both were in the 3K range I believe. Now I look at cruises and everything is $4500 - $5000 inside plus another 1500 to fly to Florida. Sure, there are still trips out of Galveston that don't require a flight for us but they are all during a time when school is still in session or a Holiday cruise that is $5,000or more. You can get lower priced cruises for 3 or 4 days, but I just don't see dealing with the hassle of flying for a short cruise.

I think we have effectively been priced out of a Disney cruise. I don't like it, but it is just the way it is.

We took a 4 night cruise out of Miami almost 2 years ago and we have effectively been priced out as well. I cannot believe the fare increases.

Nastory4

We took a 4 night cruise out of Miami almost 2 years ago and we have effectively been priced out as well. I cannot believe the fare increases.
I live a little under an hour to NYC. That was the main reason we opted for this Canadian Cruise. Would have much rather been going to Castaway Cay, but funds this year were just not there.

Nastory4

This will be our fifth Disney Cruise, and to be honest, I have never shopped another cruise line for costs. Is Disney really that much more?

rob0519

I live a little under an hour to NYC. That was the main reason we opted for this Canadian Cruise. Would have much rather been going to Castaway Cay, but funds this year were just not there.

Understand. Our one trip to Castaway Cay was the best. I wish we had a second day there instead of Nassau.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Nobody's posting new threads, nobody's talking about upcoming cruises, nobody's posting to the Picture of the Day thread. . . :(

I am tempted to make a thread on the four ships and differences we noticed, as well as pros and cons. Last month capped our hat-trick of all four ships in eight months. Doing them all so close together really makes you see some major and minor differences in them.

KeithVH

Yeah, it's kinda sad there's so little activity onthis forum. If nothing else, I'm thinking people are more focused on Orlando-centric subjects. And honestly, there may even be a financial influence - considering the prices from the Fall '19 release, I wouldn't be surprised if the company is pricing out some of the membership here (relative to a WDW vaca).

StephK

We cruised from 14th - 18th May on the Dream! Our first cruise and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! Our Castaway Cay day we docked to the loudest thunderstorm I've ever heard and our captain had to pull back out to sea, he ended up spending the day literally running away from the storms/ chasing the sun, and the re docked at Castaway Cay on our scheduled sea day to amazing weather, I don't think you can ask for better service. Amazing, amazing!!!!

EOD K9

That happened to us last year on the Magic. CC Day was turned into sea day, Nassau into CC, and sea into Nassau. We were lucky all of the ports were opened.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We cruised from 14th - 18th May on the Dream! Our first cruise and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! Our Castaway Cay day we docked to the loudest thunderstorm I've ever heard and our captain had to pull back out to sea, he ended up spending the day literally running away from the storms/ chasing the sun, and the re docked at Castaway Cay on our scheduled sea day to amazing weather, I don't think you can ask for better service. Amazing, amazing!!!!

Hey I was on there with you!

I credit Carly, the cruise director, so much also for flipping the entertainment offerings so well. We have had her as cruise director four times in fourteen months and she has never once underdelivered. The whole crew on Dream during that time was a literal All-Star crew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom