Awful, Could this happen on Kali ??

Cowboy Steve

Kings Island and Cedar Point have this exact ride as well.
Well yes and no... CP has a similar ride in that is also a 'raft' ride... but the rafts at this park in Australia are literally 1/2 the size and only seat up to 6 people. Thunder Canyon has a raft capacity of 12. Is it possible for a Thunder Canyon raft to capsize? Sure. Is it probable? No. There have been injuries associated with the ride... but I am not aware of any that involved riders being ejected or from capsizing. More ride operators have been injured than guests. White Water Canyon at KI on the other hand, is much more similar as the rafts appear to be very similar in size and the same capacity. I am not aware of any incidents involving WWC at KI. But then again, I'm not nearly as familiar with that park. And as someone else stated - Thunder Canyon and White Water Canyon are both Intamin manufactured rides. Intamin has an excellent safety record.

21stamps

Well yes and no... CP has a similar ride in that is also a 'raft' ride... but the rafts at this park in Australia are literally 1/2 the size and only seat up to 6 people. Thunder Canyon has a raft capacity of 12. Is it possible for a Thunder Canyon raft to capsize? Sure. Is it probable? No. There have been injuries associated with the ride... but I am not aware of any that involved riders being ejected or from capsizing. More ride operators have been injured than guests. White Water Canyon at KI on the other hand, is much more similar as the rafts appear to be very similar in size and the same capacity. I am not aware of any incidents involving WWC at KI. But then again, I'm not nearly as familiar with that park. And as someone else stated - Thunder Canyon and White Water Canyon are both Intamin manufactured rides. Intamin has an excellent safety record.
I'm very familiar with KI, and I've never heard of an accident involving white water canyon. I'd be more concerned with getting stuck at the top of Windseeker than I ever would about being injured or killed on WWC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom