Avoiding getting spritzed with water on rides?

hcethatsme

We're going to WDW for a 25th anniversary trip next week! Woo-hoo! :sohappy: I'm very much a ride person but DH, not so much. He also really hates getting wet (he gets cold easily) and rides/attractions where you get spritzed with water, even briefly, sound unpleasant to him. Is there any way to avoid that in shows like It's Tough to Be a Bug and Philharmagic, or rides like Toy Story Mania? (I guess on the latter, not aiming at the ballons, but what if you miss?) Are there other rides I should know about (some are obvious like Splash Mtn or Kali River Rapids, but for example we were talking about Aladdin's Magic Carpets and my book said "the best part is the camels who spit at you"... don't want him to be taken by surprise!) Thanks for any tips/advice.

Hilary

Scooter

Is it just my imagination or is Splash Mountain getting us wetter than it used to?

The last two times we rode it, the wife and I got soaked.
I don't remember getting that wet years ago.

Upvote 0

BuzzComplexCM

We're going to WDW for a 25th anniversary trip next week! Woo-hoo! :sohappy: I'm very much a ride person but DH, not so much. He also really hates getting wet (he gets cold easily) and rides/attractions where you get spritzed with water, even briefly, sound unpleasant to him. Is there any way to avoid that in shows like It's Tough to Be a Bug and Philharmagic, or rides like Toy Story Mania? (I guess on the latter, not aiming at the ballons, but what if you miss?) Are there other rides I should know about (some are obvious like Splash Mtn or Kali River Rapids, but for example we were talking about Aladdin's Magic Carpets and my book said "the best part is the camels who spit at you"... don't want him to be taken by surprise!) Thanks for any tips/advice.

Hilary

One word...Poncho.

'nuff said.

Upvote 0

kingslyZISSOU

I like how we think getting misted by water is a problem. I would venture to say the majority of people in the world don't have sufficient shelter, and are "spritzed" with water due to their poverty.

I think being splashed or sprayed should be the last thing on one's mind. Just enjoy the fact that your at the happiest place on earth (?)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

If you ride the carpets, keep your carpet all the way up and you will miss the spitting camel. If you are 3/4's of the way up there is potential that you will get wet from the camel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom