Avatar Land...think Disney regrets the idea?

RSoxNo1

I have seen far more merchandise and fan engagement for the Haunted Mansion than Jurassic Park. Whoopdie doo.

The concept is an awesome concept for a theme park land/attraction. The movie will have absolutely nothing to do with its success beyond initial roll-out hype. It'll eventually need to sink or swim on its merits as a land/attraction.
Dammit, I agree with Captain America, but he's also saying stuff that others have been saying on here for a while. Regardless of the IP, the land needs to be of a high quality.

Cesar R M

I should add, from this whole thing, we're getting a billion dollar theme park land. It will be jaw dropping. And I believe EVERYONE is underestimating Flight of Passage. Yes, it will be Soarin' 2.0. Yes, they will use that tired dropping straight down thing used in Star Tours, Spider-man, Transformers, and Gringott's. And when it happens, it will be breathtaking. The queue, the ride vehicles, and the experience are going to blow people away. We won't be arguing about whether this ride is an E Ticket.
I just hope.. really hope.. that Disney does not lend this land fall apart or start to fail for years like the Yeti.
Those dirty screens are awful looking.. be Universal or Be Disney.

Siren

I'm guessing it is too late for Disney to change their minds and replace this whole idea with Beastly Kingdom.......... Even with Pete's Dragon just around the corner..

ob0doi.jpg

Um, I really don't think so -- not in my beloved AK Park. Disney can put this thing elsewhere like in DHS, where it's needed way more, LOL.

2ekn22o.jpg

And, what on earth is wrong with this dragon's hair? It looks like he has male pattern baldness or something.

20zbhpt.jpg

Pete's Dragon is known for his thick coiffed purple mane -- this trait distinguishes him from all of the other trifling dragons.

I just hope this dragon doesn't end up being the Jar Jar Binks of the CGI dragon community.

Anyway, I love AK so much, this park is so beautiful to me and it's so exotic. I feel like I am in a remote lush locale whenever I'm there.

10f3txs.jpg

Just look at how gorgeous AK is. It doesn't even look like a theme park. I was racing out of the park when I snapped this picture. I had a delicious icy Frapp in one hand and my cell in the other, and I didn't even have to stop when I took this.

Also, words cannot describe how happy I am to have Starbucks in AK. OMG, it was so hot that day and I not was hungry. I just needed something cold but not heavy like ice cream. Animal Kingdom Park and Frapps are a match made in heaven.

Oh, and to address this ancient question. No, Disney doesn't regret it -- not one iota!

Siren

Maybe he does have male pattern baldness. There's no shame in that. It's a common condition for men, sometimes appearing as early as the late teens. #StopBaldShaming
LOL. You're so funny. I totally love a bald head, even yours. A lot of handsome guys have one, like The Rock and Vin Diesel.
8vnjuv.jpg

Awww, now I feel sort of bad. I didn't mean to disrespect this little dragon, I really hope he turns out to be cute and adorable. And, on that note I need a latte asap!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
ob0doi.jpg

Um, I really don't think so -- not in my beloved AK Park. Disney can put this thing elsewhere like in DHS, where it's needed way more, LOL.

2ekn22o.jpg

And, what on earth is wrong with this dragon's hair? It looks like he has male pattern baldness or something.

20zbhpt.jpg

Pete's Dragon is known for his thick coiffed purple mane -- this trait distinguishes him from all of the other trifling dragons.

I just hope this dragon doesn't end up being the Jar Jar Binks of the CGI dragon community.

Anyway, I love AK so much, this park is so beautiful to me and it's so exotic. I feel like I am in a remote lush locale whenever I'm there.

10f3txs.jpg

Just look at how gorgeous AK is. It doesn't even look like a theme park. I was racing out of the park when I snapped this picture. I had a delicious icy Frapp in one hand and my cell in the other, and I didn't even have to stop when I took this.

Also, words cannot describe how happy I am to have Starbucks in AK. OMG, it was so hot that day and I not was hungry. I just needed something cold but not heavy like ice cream. Animal Kingdom Park and Frapps are a match made in heaven.

Oh, and to address this ancient question. No, Disney doesn't regret it -- not one iota!
200.gif

Last edited:

Steel City Magic

Beastly kingdom, oh what we could have had... avatarland I'm sure will be the next spash mountain: Terrible source material, awesome immersive place.(I hope at least as long as they didn't cut corners too much.) Not sure they regret the idea, as the land seems to be taking shape well, and shows some promise, (I'll be there day one of course) but I'll be excited to see the opening of other projects in the parks more tbh. More specifically SWL, RoL, Pandora, DHS phase 3 (whatever it may be), and TSL in that order. (Please cancel TSL and give me a Pixar Land, I'm begging)

Last edited:

s8film40

how bout we make a bet....if avatar is completed you leave this message board and if it gets changed I leave this message board

But I will set a reminder and we can both come back and discuss this in 2017, right or wrong it will be fun to come back and compare our opinions to what actually happens!

Hey, you were right. Still a bad idea, but I'll give Disney credit for sticking with the plan especially considering the movie never came out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom