AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Smiddimizer

For Christ sakes there is one definition of E ticket and in it you both are right.

"The phrase E ticket (or E ticket ride) refers to the admission ticket system used at the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom theme parks before 1982, where the E ticket (officially termed "Ecoupon") admitted the bearer to the newest, most advanced, and/or most popular rides and attractions.

Pay attention to the "and/or" part.
That said Midway Mania and SDMT and any ride that garners over an average of 60 min wait year round is an E. We throw around D and C with arrogance that we the online community is the be all and end to the conversation, but we are not. The market drives what gets a ride to propose E ticket status. When the popularity of the ride declines so does the proposed ticket attached to it, for example E.T in Universal.

Now please take your toys and endless debate to PM to clear bandwidth for actual thread related discussion :)

I agree with most of this, especially what's in bold, but it's not "and/or"; it's just "and". Advanced refers to scope (level of detail, magnificence in set design) or technology. Or both.

Advanced + Popular = E.
TSMM, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear and SDWT are popular D's/C's.
Universe of Energy is a ride of great scope that isn't very popular, so no E. Arguably the same for Great Movie Ride.
Popularity is arbitrary but can be related to newness, thrill factor, or family appeal.

And terminology is important because it affects your reaction. Despite how impressive Energy or GMR are in some areas, they don't draw much excitement, even though they were both E's at one point. Probably because they aren't popular or haven't aged well.

rioriz

I agree with most of this, especially what's in bold, but it's not "and/or"; it's just "and". Advanced refers to scope (level of detail, magnificence in set design) or technology. Or both.

Advanced + Popular = E.
Universe of Energy is a ride of great scope that isn't very popular, so no E. Arguably the same for Great Movie Ride.
Popularity is arbitrary but can be related to newness, thrill factor, or family appeal.

And terminology is important because it affects your reaction. Despite how impressive Energy or GMR are in some areas, they don't draw much excitement, even though they were both E's at one point. Probably because they aren't popular or haven't aged well.

You agree to disregard the definition as is because you disagree with it. That is your opinion, not fact.

It is and/or and you can't accept that, that is a personal problem my friend.....

Peter, buzz etc ARE E, with the definition. You may have an opinion that McDonald had horrible food so it is a D, but market says it is an E......and your last sentence proves the point. Demand says Energy is now a D, Movie is still an arguable E, for now. ..

So again....Pandora

Smiddimizer

You agree to disregard the definition as is because you disagree with it. That is your opinion, not fact.

It is and/or and you can't accept that, that is a personal problem my friend.....

Peter, buzz etc ARE E, with the definition. You may have an opinion that McDonald had horrible food so it is a D, but market says it is an E......and your last sentence proves the point. Demand says Energy is now a D, Movie is still an arguable E, for now. ..

So again....Pandora

I'm sorry, I'm the one with an opinion? When you're calling Peter "Tin Foil Volcano" Pan an E? Wikipedia isn't alknowing, and even if it was you're taking it far too literally.

There is no established, "market-based" definition, you're pulling as much out of your rear as I am. It's common sense that an elaborate, popular ride is of a higher standing.

SYRIK2000

Advanced + Popular = E.

Based on that definition nothing in the Magic Kingdom would be an E. And/Or is a better definition.

space42

Based on that definition nothing in the Magic Kingdom would be an E. And/Or is a better definition.
aet936154LARGE.jpg

Jungle%20Cruise%20014.jpg

rioriz

I'm sorry, I'm the one with an opinion? When you're calling Peter "Tin Foil Volcano" Pan an E? Wikipedia isn't alknowing, and even if it was you're taking it far too literally.

There is no established, "market-based" definition, you're pulling as much out of your rear as I am. It's common sense that an elaborate, popular ride is of a higher standing.

Namaste

And yes if we went back to ticketing Peter could be an E or D ticket due to its demand and popularity. I'd consider CoP a more technologically advanced than Peter but due to it's lack in popularity it would definitely not be an E.

Top Tier FP+ works much like ticket based system of the past. Peter is in the Top Tier due to its popularity, not because it is technologically advanced.

The disconnect here seems to be that I am discussing what would be considered E's at this point in time, if the ticket system were to begin again (and has some with FP+). You are discussing how the ride itself should be judged in terms of tech and show. To make this about Pandora again. Banshee is the true E of the land based on scope and tech (your viewpoint), however if ticket system were implemented, Both rides would be given E Ticket status due to the newness and popularity (my viewpoint).

Two different discussions. To the original comment, both viewpoints have merit

Now back to Pandora ;)

Siren

I'm convinced that @Siren posts are more interesting than most others, so she should be given positive reinforcement to keep her coming back and adding life to this wasteland! :)
Awww, thank you @JohnWD ! This means so much to me, you are one of the nicest people I've met here and I think you have such a beautiful spirit. I hope you have a wonderful Easter Holiday, too! {{{Hugs}}}

Just to show how different Disney fans can be, I love the Little Mermaid, and I don't see those faults. In WDW FL, that is my favorite ride. At DL, its Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
I love The Little Mermaid, too. LOL.

For Christ sakes there is one definition of E ticket and in it you both are right.

"The phrase E ticket (or E ticket ride) refers to the admission ticket system used at the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom theme parks before 1982, where the E ticket (officially termed "Ecoupon") admitted the bearer to the newest, most advanced, and/or most popular rides and attractions.

Pay attention to the "and/or" part.
That said Midway Mania and SDMT and any ride that garners over an average of 60 min wait year round is an E. We throw around D and C with arrogance that we the online community is the be all and end to the conversation, but we are not. The market drives what gets a ride to propose E ticket status. When the popularity of the ride declines so does the proposed ticket attached to it, for example E.T in Universal.

Now please take your toys and endless debate to PM to clear bandwidth for actual thread related discussion :)
Thank you! The whole E ticket argument is so frustrating sometimes. LOL. I truly believe 7DMT is an E ticket, I just *love* that coaster.

Anyway, back to Pandora. The mountains are looking so good! Just beautiful.

Disneyhead'71

So again....Pandora
No! E Ticket, as used today, is a ratings system. Like the star rating for restaurants. No matter how popular McDonald's is, it will never be a 5 Star restaurant. Pan, and Buzz are not, and will never be E Tickets.

E Ticket means Best of the Best. Not most popular. That's the only way that the phrase has any meaning at all. Otherwise it's an arbitrary label that just means "I personally like it." If that were the case, ANYTHING could be an E Ticket rendering the phrase completely meaningless.

rioriz

No! E Ticket, as used today, is a ratings system. Like the star rating for restaurants. No matter how popular McDonald's is, it will never be a 5 Star restaurant. Pan, and Buzz are not, and will never be E Tickets.

E Ticket means Best of the Best. Not most popular. That's the only way that the phrase has any meaning at all. Otherwise it's an arbitrary label that just means "I personally like it." If that were the case, ANYTHING could be an E Ticket rendering the phrase completely meaningless.

Ok ok ok....I give up :)

I started this debate as a way to offer an out to both sides and get back on topic. I make a career of playing Devils Advocate and find it fun to challenge yourself to consider alternatives.

I actually agree with you that the definition had evolved and popular is not a part of that definition as it used to be. In no world is Buzz an E, but in some SDMT, could be in guess.

So in seeing that no one is giving in, let's agree to end this fun back and forth and enjoy seeing this land rise.

Disneyhead'71

Ok ok ok....I give up :)

I started this debate as a way to offer an out to both sides and get back on topic. I make a career of playing Devils Advocate and find it fun to challenge yourself to consider alternatives.

I actually agree with you that the definition had evolved and popular is not a part of that definition as it used to be. In no world is Buzz an E, but in some SDMT, could be in guess.

So in seeing that no one is giving in, let's agree to end this fun back and forth and enjoy seeing this land rise.
I think the confusion is between "Headliner" and "E-Ticket". TSMM is a "Headliner" but it is not an "E-Ticket". It is a "Headliner" because that poor little park doesn't have a lot to offer.

Disneyhead'71

And to bring this whole "E-Ticket" discussion back around to Avatar. From what I've been told, we will not be arguing about whether Flight of Passage is an E-Ticket, that will be a given, but what ticket level to give the boat ride. Many will argue E Ticket status for it.

I have said before, and I will reiterate, Flight of Passage is going to impress. WDI was instructed to turn the big guns on Universal. A billion $$$ later...

Last edited:

twebber55

And to bring this whole "E-Ticket" discussion back around to Avatar. From what I've been told, we will not be arguing about whether Flight of Passage is an E-Ticket, that will be a given, but what ticket level to give the boat ride. Many will argue E Ticket status for it.

I have said before, and I will reiterate, Flight of Passage is going impress. WDI was instructed to turn the big guns on Universal. A billion $$$ later...
you have seemed awfully positive about this land lately, and i certainly trust your opinion on both disney and universal

BrianLo

you have seemed awfully positive about this land lately, and i certainly trust your opinion on both disney and universal

It's very confusing to me that @Disneyhead'71 (who I am sure would readily admit how disenchanted he is with Disney) is so positive on this.

Meanwhile, other insiders here continue their trepidation. I'm not sure if that's a hold-over from 2011, or not.

I think the moral of the story is despite plans 'being known', they are very subject to individual interpretations and personal bias. We also decidedly can never say for sure until we see the final execution.

Disneyhead'71

It's very confusing to me that @Disneyhead'71 (who I am sure would readily admit how disenchanted he is with Disney) is so positive on this.

Meanwhile, other insiders here continue their trepidation. I'm not sure if that's a hold-over from 2011, or not.

I think the moral of the story is despite plans 'being known', they are very subject to individual interpretations and personal bias. We also decidedly can never say for sure until we see the final execution.
I am pretty down on the way WDW as a whole has been run for a long time now, but that doesn't equate to hating everything that happens at WDW. I LOVE The Boathouse and Jock's. I was at DS today for a moment, (20 mins.) and the Town Center looks like it is going to be the second most themed shopping mall ever behind Diagon Alley.

But back to FoP. Yes, it could be considered Soarin' 2.0. But people are talking about it like you are going to walk through all that stunning theming in the land and walk into a queue that looks like the Transformers queue and get on Soarin'.

Does that sound like the Headliner for the world's first billion dollar theme park land?

BrianLo

I am pretty down on the way WDW as a whole has been run for a long time now, but that doesn't equate to hating everything that happens at WDW. I LOVE The Boathouse and Jock's. I was at DS today for a moment, (20 mins.) and the Town Center looks like it is going to be the second most themed shopping mall ever behind Diagon Alley.

But back to FoP. Yes, it could be considered Soarin' 2.0. But people are talking about it like you are going to walk through all that stunning theming in the land and walk into a queue that looks like the Transformers queue and get on Soarin'.

Does that sound like the Headliner for the world's first billion dollar theme park land?

And I respect that greatly. I trust someone's opinion far more when they can be very critical and actually still manage to appreciate when things are done well.

Sometimes the community gets very black and white.

doctornick

Amen. This is something that everyone needs to understand when "insiders" speak. I love the information that people provide, but it comes via a personal filter of the person relaying it -- I always try to parse out the objective "facts" that are being revealed rather than the "opinions" like level of quality that are inevitable part of a post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom