beanbunny

Does anyone know of any height restrictions regarding Flight of Passage? I've heard all sorts of rumors - even including that 25% of the population cannot ride it. This I doubt but my son is 6'4". I understand there is a vehicle outside the ride to check it out for yourself but I am currently planning our fast passes & don't want to book it if there's no chance of him riding. Thanks so much.

Minnie Mum

The official website only gives the minimum height restriction : 44 inches. But it also gives this warning::
  • The seating and restraints of this attraction may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from riding.
Your son's height alone isn't enough to say in advance whether he will fit or not. It will also likely depend on his torso:leg ratio as well as how much of his weight is carried in his torso. Unfortunately, he'll have to try out the test vehicle to know for sure.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I saw a picture on my Facebook feed this morning from Allears and it looks like there is now a test seat outside the attraction so people can see if it will work for them before standing in the long line.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There's been mixed info on height. I suspect because it's a combination of height and build. I've seen reports that generally make me comfortable I'll fit at 6'3" and 270. I've seen reports of individuals as tall as 6'10" getting on and others at 6'4" being rejected.

Given that some folks are all torso and others all leg, just height by itself doesn't measure what fits regarding the leg restraints. Maybe Disney needs to advertise what inseam lengths fit? :cautious:

Upvote 0

Rob562

There's been mixed info on height. I suspect because it's a combination of height and build. I've seen reports that generally make me comfortable I'll fit at 6'3" and 270. I've seen reports of individuals as tall as 6'10" getting on and others at 6'4" being rejected.

Given that some folks are all torso and others all leg, just height by itself doesn't measure what fits regarding the leg restraints. Maybe Disney needs to advertise what inseam lengths fit? :cautious:

Well, it doesn't seem like inseam would work either, since calf size also seems to affect things.

I'm an average 5'11" but have a long torso, broad shoulders, slightly shorter legs. When I sit down next to my 6'3" friend my head is a good 2"+ above his. Over-the-shoulder restraints are a problem for me sometimes because my shoulders are so close to the hinge point. (On B&M coasters like the Hulk I have to use the big-boy seats despite the lower part of the restraint coming nowhere near my stomach)

I rode a coaster at Coney Island that had these motorcycle type restraints and I fit in that, so I'm cautiously optimistic for FoP...

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mark Dymek

since your not going anywhere why do you need to be strapped in in the first place? does the vehicle move? from my understanding it is similar to soaring in that you just sit there and the screen makes it seem as if your moving.

we went on the lilo and stitch ride last time and im not sure why we had to be restrained at all. it hurt my moms shoulder.

Upvote 0

Rob562

since your not going anywhere why do you need to be strapped in in the first place? does the vehicle move? from my understanding it is similar to soaring in that you just sit there and the screen makes it seem as if your moving.

we went on the lilo and stitch ride last time and im not sure why we had to be restrained at all. it hurt my moms shoulder.

Yes, you move.

On Stitch it's because many of the effects are built into the headrests, which have to be positioned at head-level for them to be effective. Thus the shoulder pieces lower to position themselves properly behind each guest.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom