Avatar Flight of Passage Size Concern

Weather_Lady

My DH is 6'0" and about 225, but carries all his weight right in the middle of his body. He was able to fit on FOP, although a tiny female CM had to body-slam the back section into him to get it to click into place properly. (She did it so deftly and cheerfully, I imagine it's a maneuver she has to do several times a day.) Another man, who had to have been 6'5" minimum and also a big build, unfortunately did get turned away because they just couldn't get the restraints to lock around him -- not because of his girth, but because of the length of his legs. (They did, however, give not only him, but the entire rest of his party that was able to ride, an extra set of FP+, so they could do something else together. It was only fair, as the poor guy had spent all that time waiting in line like everybody else.)

lordsigma

My DH is 6'0" and about 225, but carries all his weight right in the middle of his body. He was able to fit on FOP, although a tiny female CM had to body-slam the back section into him to get it to click into place properly. (She did it so deftly and cheerfully, I imagine it's a maneuver she has to do several times a day.) Another man, who had to have been 6'5" minimum and also a big build, unfortunately did get turned away because they just couldn't get the restraints to lock around him -- not because of his girth, but because of the length of his legs. (They did, however, give not only him, but the entire rest of his party that was able to ride, an extra set of FP+, so they could do something else together. It was only fair, as the poor guy had spent all that time waiting in line like everybody else.)
It’s too bad they cant put in a single regular seat (even if it’s just a single one in one of the ride rooms) with less restrictive restraints so that people that get turned away or people with mobility problems can at least get a partial ride experience. I would imagine they turn away enough guests (or have enough people avoid riding) to get sufficient usage out of the single seat.

Weather_Lady

It’s too bad they cant put in a single regular seat (even if it’s just a single one in one of the ride rooms) with less restrictive restraints so that people that get turned away or people with mobility problems can at least get a partial ride experience.

Agreed! I'm really surprised that they didn't design just a handful of bigger ride seats -- or even a stationary viewing level where, for example, people in wheelchairs who are unable to transfer could put on the goggles and watch the ride as a 3D movie. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Agreed! I'm really surprised that they didn't design just a handful of bigger ride seats -- or even a stationary viewing level where, for example, people in wheelchairs who are unable to transfer could put on 3D goggles and watch the ride as a 3D movie. Seems like a missed opportunity.
Don't be surprised if enough complaints come in, that doesn't happen...agreed, it's a missed opportunity

jkl2000

I've seen POV videos of the ride, but never seen what the seats look like in action. Do they move around that much, and quickly? Somehow I didn't think so, but I guess they must because the back restraints look like are closed pretty tight.

I'll be experiencing it soon - I hope!

jkl2000

Thanks, Master Yoda! That was the most helpful video I've seen really. It's looks like fun, but actually pretty mild. Someone in another post somewhere made it sound like the seats went upside down at some point - not sure how they got that. Anyway, this gives me a much better idea of how it all works.

ninjaprincesst

I'm fat and I had no problem, in fact the cast member told me to move back because I was so far up because I was worried about the back restraint so i moved up too far. From what I saw the people that had issues either had exceptionally long legs or had large rear ends (to put it nicely) .

danyoung56

I have neither long legs or a large rear end. What I do have is a significant paunch, and this kept me from fitting into the test seat.

ninjaprincesst

I have neither long legs or a large rear end. What I do have is a significant paunch, and this kept me from fitting into the test seat.
Odd because my fatness fit just fine, most of the people I noticed havid issues had a large behind that kept the stupid back restraint from locking. if you decide to try again move as far forward as you can before you sit down and suck in your tummy till they get it locked it worked for my Dad with his tummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom