Avatar construction aerial updates

Mr_Incredible

The mine train may be disappointing in that light however if you knew what it was meant to be it is a nice touch. after the cuts it became clear that it was a small coaster with a limited show scene and a very nice que... a nice step up from the barnstormer. IMO they could now tear the barnstormer down and replace it with a nice dark ride.

Disney Execs just read this post.....their reaction:

1191763_o.gif

BrianLo

this also looks like it eliminates the boat ride being out doors, just a guess though
also, the floating mtn looks much taller from this angle

Actually I think the contrary, the concrete portion that is the furthest North looks like it will be the "outside" pond area, the grading of the land there should be built up higher so it's not just a big wall so to speak. The current hole in the show building wall should remain in some form, it should look like a big cave entrance if the D23 model can be believed.

flyerjab

If the recent conjecture concerning the boat ride is accurate, then this could turn into exactly the kind of ride that DAK needs - a long indoor, dark ride that can handle a lot of people per hour.

I believe it is pretty obvious that a boat ride is part of this. I still need to see more evidence, though, that it is as drawn out in the photo. Let's say for the sake of argument that it is how long @dstrawn9889 is proposing. Could anyone guess as to how long of a ride that would be? Even just a rough estimate?

Clamman73

I'm wondering what is this thicker area added to the concrete wall? Just a normal part of any type of interior structure that would be there for this type of building?
image.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It really looks like this land is taking shape! Its hard for me to believe that it won't be open until 2017. Hopefully an early 2017 opening!

With the level of detail it's supposed to have, I have no problem at all believing a 2017 opening. It looks like they are still months away from even starting on the rock work details, and once those start we are looking at least another year of work if not more.

ctxak98

With the level of detail it's supposed to have, I have no problem at all believing a 2017 opening. It looks like they are still months away from even starting on the rock work details, and once those start we are looking at least another year of work if not more.
That is true. I always forget how long it takes to do rock work and detail!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom