Avatar construction aerial updates

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As a father of twin boys (soon to be 13 years of age) who has taken his family to WDW every season since the boys were 6, what I feel each park needs is at least one more additional thrill type ride each.
AK will be getting this with Avatar.
HS will be getting this with the Star Wars expansion provided that goes through.
I'm finding myself in a position where I'm afraid my boys will age out, and be more interested in Universal.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, Uni has a lot to offer.

Mouse_Trap

Valid point.

I wonder if anything Jungle book would ever come to AK. Disney has a movie coming out this year or 2016 directed by Jon Favareau and another studio has Jungle Book: origins coming out soon. Seems like it will be back in the public eye (if it ever left). I could see a ride that focuses on real animals and not necessarily the animated version fitting in nicely into the park. Maybe if it's a hit that could happen. It'd be a nice way to honor a classic movie but also capitalize on the synergy of a new movie that Disney really loves right now.

I keep saying that even after Avatar, AK could still use 2-3 rides to really flesh it out.

I would still love to see an Australia land

That's not necessarily a bad thing, Uni has a lot to offer.

Agreed, if you've not see Universal lately then you're definitely missing out.

FutureCEO

I would still love to see an Australia land

Australia and Brazil both should go to AK.

Not related to the topic but I watched Disney's Chimpanzee the other day and I got sad knowing that they are destroying the rainforest. Same with Africans killing animals for ivory and Asians killing animals (mass killings of dolphins and whales) for the fun of it.

Next Big Thing

Australia and Brazil both should go to AK.

Not related to the topic but I watched Disney's Chimpanzee the other day and I got sad knowing that they are destroying the rainforest. Same with Africans killing animals for ivory and Asians killing animals (mass killings of dolphins and whales) for the fun of it.
Austrailia yes, Brazil no. Brazil belongs in Epcot.

DAK has always been the "continents" park and Epcot the "countries" park imo.

MotherOfBirds

Weren't both rumored to be in the works some years ago? I seem to recall some Orlando-area news station announcing plans for Australia in AK, albeit without mentioning sources or any word from the Mouse. Of course, this was probably 6-8 years ago.

Edit: After a bit of internet searching, it appears that rumors of Australia's approval reared their head around 2007 and then again in 2010

Last edited:

Zac Skellington

As a father of twin boys (soon to be 13 years of age) who has taken his family to WDW every season since the boys were 6, what I feel each park needs is at least one more additional thrill type ride each.
AK will be getting this with Avatar.
HS will be getting this with the Star Wars expansion provided that goes through.
I'm finding myself in a position where I'm afraid my boys will age out, and be more interested in Universal.
I just took my 12 and 10 year old, and they loved it! So did I. To be truthful, I can't wait to see the Harry Potter lands again. Anyone who enjoys going to theme parks owes it to themselves to see the best there is in the U.S. It really is THAT good.

Now, can we get back to Avatar.

Last edited:

Atomicmickey

VIDEO FLYOVER!!

No idea about most of what's going on surrounding the Banshee attraction. All the lumpy concrete to the right has been filled in and smoothed over, curiously.

Anyway, I'm going to go watch it again. Let's discuss what we see.

As opposed to whether the guy who made it is nuts or whether he should have done it, or stuff like that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
VIDEO FLYOVER!!

No idea about most of what's going on surrounding the Banshee attraction. All the lumpy concrete to the right has been filled in and smoothed over, curiously.

As opposed to whether the guy who made it is nuts or whether he should have done it, or stuff like that.

Great video! I love Scott's aerials, but there is just so much more information you can get from a video. I am finally staring to understand what the things outlined in red are, they appear to just be footings for some tall concrete walls. The concrete to the right of the banshee ride wasn't bumpy before, they hadn't poured it yet, that was just the gravel used as a base. Now that whole area has been poured. Looks like there is still an area of the boat ride that needs to be poured. The way they are building the Banshee ride is interesting, they are currently just assembling the steel for the central core. The ride system will go outside of this, and the show building walls will surround that.

i-v5sxglkl-l-1-jpg.72567

flyerjab

VIDEO FLYOVER!!

That is incredible! And how could someone do this and not get caught? What I am now curious about is the large concrete wall that is being erected to the right of the boat ride/banshee ride building. As well as the large cluster of what looks like piping to the left.

I wish I had @Tom's superpowers to deduce what is going on here because construction of this type is not in my wheelhouse.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is incredible! And how could someone do this and not get caught? What I am now curious about is the large concrete wall that is being erected to the right of the boat ride/banshee ride building. As well as the large cluster of what looks like piping to the left.

I wish I had @Tom's superpowers to deduce what is going on here because construction of this type is not in my wheelhouse.

Took me a couple times before I realized this person was using a drone.

Clamman73

Great video! I love Scott's aerials, but there is just so much more information you can get from a video. I am finally staring to understand what the things outlined in red are, they appear to just be footings for some tall concrete walls. The concrete to the right of the banshee ride wasn't bumpy before, they hadn't poured it yet, that was just the gravel used as a base. Now that whole area has been poured. Looks like there is still an area of the boat ride that needs to be poured. The way they are building the Banshee ride is interesting, they are currently just assembling the steel for the central core. The ride system will go outside of this, and the show building walls will surround that.

i-v5sxglkl-l-1-jpg.72567
So, what are these individual bay areas that I have the arrows pointing to?
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom