Aunt Pollys on Tom Sawyer Island

wendysmom

Aunt Polly's was a fantastic place to eat while feeling like you were a million miles away from the whole park. My DD loved to get the bag lunches (Pb & J for kids, and a great ham and cheese for adults) and sit by the water to eat lunch. They had big old-fashioned pickles, too. I really, really, miss it. :(

DizneyPryncess

I used to love getting PB&J there as a kid. I haven't seen it open for quite a while. I agree that the whole island needs an update. I was paintbrush hunting there last July, and after 2 hours I gave up. The CM told me they don't always hide them anymore because there's barely any left, and they hadn't hidden any that day. I felt like I'd wasted so much time - my own fault though. I just wish they'd buy a few more, it's such a great tradition.

brent2124

I used to love getting PB&J there as a kid. I haven't seen it open for quite a while. I agree that the whole island needs an update. I was paintbrush hunting there last July, and after 2 hours I gave up. The CM told me they don't always hide them anymore because there's barely any left, and they hadn't hidden any that day. I felt like I'd wasted so much time - my own fault though. I just wish they'd buy a few more, it's such a great tradition.
I have gone paintbrush hunting a few times with no success. Is it ok to ask a CM if they hid them that day to avoid spending hours looking for something that isnt there? Also any suggestions on where to look for them?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sigh.... thick sliced bread with American ham and slices of cheese with real lemonade, sat on the porch watching the keelboats and canoes go past...

another one bit the dust.

WDWRLD

The only things left now are the luke warm sodas from the coke machine they put right infront of aunt pollys windows. Was there at one time some type of drink stand at Fort Clements (SP)....For some reason I thought there was one right where the restrooms are now.

Animaniac93-98

I'm surprised to hear it's closed, allearsnet has never posted anything saying it's not. They still have the menu from 2006 posted.

Ditching/closing restaurants is the last thing Disney needs to do with MK.

Pongo

The last I remember, it was just serving ice cream and floats.

However, that was maybe 5 years ago :lol:

I do miss sitting on that porch with a cold coke float looking at Frontierland and Liberty Square. So relaxing.

I can't remember the last time I saw it open. We always look in the windows when there, and I saw that there was still some kitchen type stuff in there.:shrug:

We've been five times since '06, and I've never seen it open. I wish it would, seems like it'd be a nice QUIET place for a lunch.

hpyhnt 1000

Ohhh did they close this down? Can't say I'm surprised, but I did enjoy the ice cream and floats there (had a great sundae there one day :slurp:). I didn't know it used to be a real counter service retaurant way back when; I've only known it as a dessert place. Shame to see it go... :(

Siege898

I have gone paintbrush hunting a few times with no success. Is it ok to ask a CM if they hid them that day to avoid spending hours looking for something that isnt there? Also any suggestions on where to look for them?

I've found a couple before. It was never really that difficult. They were usually hidden in and around the fort area.

disneydata

Aunt Polly's is technically "seasonal", though it hasn't been open in a long time and I'm pretty sure it's been taken off the maps. The signs are slowly being taken down at the raft docks since it's been so long. However, Disney keeps the kitchen up to code and inspections with all the equipment ready to open again if needed. They even have updated menus with prices and DDP options inside. The only food is the soda they store in the fridge for the sode machines. In case you were wondering how up to date this info is, I was in there yesterday.

Fort Langhorn used to serve sandwiches in the Canteen which was right next to the restrooms. Just look for the two small boarded up windows to the left of the women's restroom. Unfortunately, that one is now only used for restroom supply storage.

Paintbrushes are hidden every day, but sometimes only a few are hidden since they all weren't found the previous day. They dwindle down after a few months of being lost or in bad condition. Surprisingly, they cost a lot to replace!

WDWRLD

Fort Langhorn used to serve sandwiches in the Canteen which was right next to the restrooms. Just look for the two small boarded up windows to the left of the women's restroom. Unfortunately, that one is now only used for restroom supply storage.

Good...now I dont feel like im going crazy..

Aunt Polly's is technically "seasonal", though it hasn't been open in a long time and I'm pretty sure it's been taken off the maps.
I remember Aunt Polly's from many years ago. It was one more pice of TSI that brought life, a sense of activitiy, and purpose to the island. I wish they'd reopen the facility.

I have a question that's related but doesn't seem worth a new thread, so I'll ask it here.

The other two big seasonal restaurants are Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and El Pirata y el Perico. When, if ever, are these two restaurants open regularly? Are they open during the summer months? My visits over the past few years have been in the winter, so they've always been closed, but I might have the chance to visit this summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom