August

X Zoe X

Hiya,
I'm goin to Disney next year for 3 weeks, ive been before but this time we're goin in august...
are the ques long?
will i get a good tan?
:D im well excited!! yaaaaaaaaay!
love zoe
xxx

Beauty and the

Last time we went was August and it was Hot HOt HOT.
We didn't find the queues too bad, especially towards the end of the month. We didn't get wonderful tans because being out all day we used high factor lotions to prevent us from being burnt, so we only tanned a little.

Upvote 0

WigglyWiggins

We always go in july and august and we love it as altho the lines are a bit long sometimes the wether soooo hot, coming from cold uk, this is a bonus. We wear high factor to begin with and then get less as the holiday goes on, we always get great tans! Have fun, were going july 5th this year.....I soooooo cant wait!!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

goaler

We also go every year in July or August, and the only thing I can say is "Boy, is it HOT!".

Be sure to do AK early in the morning, since most of the attractions are outside you don't get the benefit of the air conditioning. That was the Hottest park (tempature wise :animwink: ).

The other parks have most rides indoors so the heat is not so much a factor. Since we live in Michigan where the sun only shines 3 months a year, we use sunblock liberally.

The ques can be long. The heat can be a factor and it usually rains every day at 3 oclock (only for about 10 minutes). But no matter, we keep going back and loving every day of it.

Enjoy ...

Upvote 0

Seano846

It gets soo hot in August that when you leave your room it feels someone is slapping you in the face. But, it is a great time to visit you just have to drink alot of umm........ fluids.:dazzle:

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

Been in late August 3 times and even though it is very hot, it is tolerable if you plan your schedule well. Do outdoor rides early or late in the day, indoor in the middle of the day for the air conditioning. Drink lots of water and try not to rush, the heat and humidity can really drain your energy if you are not use to it. If you are staying on site, take a mid-day break for a dip in the hotel pool. It can be really refreshing and make the heat much more tolerable.

Have a great time!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lance

The bright sun is a killer, be sure to bring a hat, and I would never make it through August without a pair of sunglasses.

Upvote 0

Ian Matthews

We've been for the last five years in July or August, and it's been hot every single day! It's the humidity which can make it uncomfortable though. Lines are shorter after the middle of August, is that when some American schools go back? Must be?

Upvote 0

Camelot

WOW, I thought New Orleans was HOT in the summer. Orlando's heat felt worse than ours, and after living in N.O. for so many years, I am used to high heat and humidity.

I bought a hat on my first day there to help shade my face. It rained a little every afternoon, and that helped some, as long as the sun was behind the clouds.

I tend to sunburn, so I put on Sunscreen....Remember that you can sunburn even on cloudy days, so protect your skin.

Drink lots of water, and take a rest when you are tired.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom