Trip Report August 26 - Sept 1 Trip report

Day 1, Caught our flight first thing Friday morning we arrived MCO 6pm on time even with the rain. Luggage delayed though from lightening strikes about an hour. What can you do but be patient, I really felt bad for the airport workers. We Used Lyft and Finally made it to the Contemporary at about 8:30pm. We had 8:40 reservations at Steakhouse 71 so glad we made it! I checked in at the restaurant, while we waited we went to our room, what a view! Main tower park view, Absolutely beautiful. At 9pm I still hadn’t received a text saying our table was ready so we went back to check, they apologized and sat us right away.
Day 2, Hollywood studios. We rode Tower of Terror first and then Rock n roller coaster, we had return time for Rise of the Resistance so headed over there next, on our way we checked out slinky dog dash and decided we didn’t really need to ride it. Rise was closed so we rode Star tours it was back up after that yay we walked right on. We also rode toy story mania. It was really hot so we decided on a room break. Didn’t go back l to the parks that night, we went to Disney springs instead and really enjoyed it there.
Day 3, magic kingdom. We went straight to space mountain, then seven dwarfs mine train, small world, big thunder mountain, pirates, haunted mansion, buzz lightyear and also people mover. Room break again and went back that evening to ride jungle cruise, splash mountain, autopia speedway, shop and have snacks.
Day 4, Epcot. At 7 Made a Genie+ for Remy and went back to sleep. Woke up at 9 which put us in rush mode to make our 10:40 breakfast reservation at La Creperie. We made it and it worked out perfect for Remys return time of 11-12. That was so cute and fun. We did the extra purchase for Guardians and it was worth it! What an amazing ride! We wondered around the world showcase and enjoyed looking around. We had reservations for chefs de France and it was just in time for a heavy downpour, the food was so so good, we had escargot, ratatouille, salmon and crème brûlée.
Day 5, Animal Kingdom. We went straight to the safaris, it was so great in the morning, all the animals were out. After, We Went over to see the gorillas, they were very active, it was feeding time. All the nature trails there to see the wildlife was my favorite, the birds, bats, lions, reptiles and monkeys. After that we headed over to Expedition Everest, we rode it twice no wait. So fun! We rode Dinosaur, Navi river journey, the river rapids, watched it’s tough to be a bug and had lunch at yak and yeti. So glad I made reservations there, it was fantastic. We went back to the hotel to rest before Mickeys Halloween Party. FYI, the buses were terrible going back to hotel, not enough for contemporary/wilderness lodge and plenty for Grand Floridian/Polynesian. We rode back to the Polynesian and caught the monorail from there. That night the Halloween party was really fun and really crowded! We went straight to space mountain, it was scary in the complete dark! We rode splash mountain and pirates, saw some of the parade,went trick or treating and ate a few special Halloween treats, shopped the special merchandise for the party, I liked that they had event stuff and watched the Sanderson sisters show.
Day 6 was originally going to be Hollywood studios but we enjoyed Epcot so much I’m glad we were able to easily change our reservations so we enjoyed another day there and this time ate more around the food and wine festival, got on test track twice before they closed it again, rode remy again, guardians again and was able to visit the Nemo attraction, aquarium and I especially enjoyed living with the land. We went back to the room early evening and we were going to go into magic kingdom that night for the EMH but it decided to rain pretty hard by the time it let up around 10 we decided we were tired and just stayed in and enjoyed the resort. We were able to watch the fireworks from our balcony I was surprised to see them in the rain! I loved it!
Day 7, 8am off to the airport, I was ready to go home…what an enjoyable week,even with the heat, humidity and storms.

Attachments

• 633C995A-9EDD-43CB-82B7-ED95E2DB5530.jpeg
    633C995A-9EDD-43CB-82B7-ED95E2DB5530.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 52
  • F2C75E58-4051-4090-BC2D-6E2F76EAE47F.jpeg
    F2C75E58-4051-4090-BC2D-6E2F76EAE47F.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 9F13D14F-5347-40A1-AE08-82815D2760B1.jpeg
    9F13D14F-5347-40A1-AE08-82815D2760B1.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 5291F6A3-88C4-4D25-A9E9-805AB9A1BB00.jpeg
    5291F6A3-88C4-4D25-A9E9-805AB9A1BB00.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 45
  • BD897AA0-9959-400D-9597-2ECAA915A93D.jpeg
    BD897AA0-9959-400D-9597-2ECAA915A93D.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 51

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom