Augest Vacation is a food lovers dream :-)

Dvcden

Original Poster
so we finally finished our August trips itinerary and here it is!

Emeril's (Universal 1st couple days)

California Grill (haven't been since the big renovation so would love to hear what people think)

Be our Guest (dinner 8:05)

Sci Fi Café (for what ever reason we never get in there and though I don't expect much from the food im excited to see the ambiance!) where should we sit? lol

and the final is (drumroll)

Victoria and Albert's Chefs table!!! this will be our 3rd time there... mainly because we book there then book a trip around it!

were going to sprinkle a few breakfast and lunch musts in there like

Kona Grill (that Kona toast is to die for! and with the amount of fat and calories you just might lol)
Cape May breakfast
ESPN grill
Brown Derby ( all about the chopped salad!)
Il Mulino
and last but not least the BAC from the boardwalk bakery

as for treats?

Nutella Waffle in MK
Dole whip MK
Skool bread EP
Peaches and Cream icecream (the kitchen sink is a bit much for us)

love to hear what you guys think we should add or skip?

thanks

BrianV

How fun!

The sci-fi diner is one of our favorite places. The food is good and the atmosphere is amazing. I wish they would update the film loops--maybe they have it's been a few years. Would be fun with a Star Wars loop. We'll be going there this summer. I think you can sit anywhere and have fun.

Also love emerils--the one at the royal pacific. Really delicious and what an amazing spot. While in universal you should go to the three broomsticks for an afternoon snack. Consider also Mythos. An amazing location and the food was surprisingly good.

I remember fondly the stuffed French toast at kona. We may not make it given the construction there. Maybe the following trip.

No Epcot restaurants?

hanwill

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that some of the movies/ads were different this year with Sci Fi. I have been every year for years, and I have never seen some of the stuff we saw, and some of the stuff we always see wasn't there this year. And we sat long enough for a repeat....
Have fun.

Dvcden

Original Poster
How fun!

The sci-fi diner is one of our favorite places. The food is good and the atmosphere is amazing. I wish they would update the film loops--maybe they have it's been a few years. Would be fun with a Star Wars loop. We'll be going there this summer. I think you can sit anywhere and have fun.

Also love emerils--the one at the royal pacific. Really delicious and what an amazing spot. While in universal you should go to the three broomsticks for an afternoon snack. Consider also Mythos. An amazing location and the food was surprisingly good.

I remember fondly the stuffed French toast at kona. We may not make it given the construction there. Maybe the following trip.

No Epcot restaurants?

love the Epcot Snacks and Drinking around the world but the restraunts are not our favorite .... I think Il Mulino, Yaughtmen SteakHouse and beniHana beat Italy, Japan, and La cellier ... Epcot restraunts are always so crazy and we've had HORRIBLE experiances at them so though we love to stay in that area (boardwalk and beach club) we DONNOT eat at the restraunts

Dvcden

Original Poster
I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that some of the movies/ads were different this year with Sci Fi. I have been every year for years, and I have never seen some of the stuff we saw, and some of the stuff we always see wasn't there this year. And we sat long enough for a repeat....
Have fun.

can't wait! it seems like fun!

Dvcden

Original Poster
so we finally finished our August trips itinerary and here it is!

Emeril's (Universal 1st couple days)

California Grill (haven't been since the big renovation so would love to hear what people think)

Be our Guest (dinner 8:05)

Sci Fi Café (for what ever reason we never get in there and though I don't expect much from the food im excited to see the ambiance!) where should we sit? lol

and the final is (drumroll)

Victoria and Albert's Chefs table!!! this will be our 3rd time there... mainly because we book there then book a trip around it!

were going to sprinkle a few breakfast and lunch musts in there like

Kona Grill (that Kona toast is to die for! and with the amount of fat and calories you just might lol)
Cape May breakfast
ESPN grill
Brown Derby ( all about the chopped salad!)
Il Mulino
and last but not least the BAC from the boardwalk bakery

as for treats?

Nutella Waffle in MK
Dole whip MK
Skool bread EP
Peaches and Cream icecream (the kitchen sink is a bit much for us)

love to hear what you guys think we should add or skip?

thanks
FOOD REVIEW :

SO better late than never:

had to cancel on emerils as the VIP tour wiped us out :-( but heres the rest

victoria and albert chef table is by far the best restraunt in the world that we have attended! Scott Hunnel and crew donnot disapoint....from the caviar on the mother of pearl spoon (can mix with metal) to the wagu A5+ (highest grade legally allowed in USA) to the oysters served in a salt bowl (literally a bowl made of lava salt) to the very end gold foiled chocolate truffle all 12 courses were out of this world....the wagu beef melted in your mouth....literally put a piece in no chewing is was gone ....simply amazing! the neaman ranch farms lamb was the 1st and only time i have actually liked lamb! i know its a hard table to get into and am very thankful we got it i would rank this as a MUST DO if you are in Disney!

be our guest was ....ahhhhhh.....basic :-( the food was blah not flavor....hade better food in collage cafeteria ;-( the ambiance was magnificent ...such detail...the dark room with beast claw marks the main hall with the windows always snowing to the place was built to impress...the food not so much! the dessert "the grey stuff" was awesome but thats in...the rest was junk.

california grill was great as usual.... got a window seat and enjoyed great company, terrific food, and mesmerizing fireworks...again

ditched cape may which is over priced and not so good for captains gill in yacht club....where has that been my whole life! simply amazing...maybe the best breakfast in disney! chocolate french toast, the buffet, the staff, the price....all made it feel like disney used to feel when i was a kid!

sci fi cafe was skipped for yachtmen steak house....where we had compressed watermelon for the 1st time and have since made 4 times at home lol

Dvcden

Original Poster
1wUMavc.png

how's that for a view?? chefs table Victoria and Alberts

Dvcden

Original Poster
qKaxenk.png

the grey stuff ... yes we are weird and take pictures of our food lol and also just learned how to post pics on here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom