Attractions plus

Angie Heck

The idea of attractions + is super appealing to me... We spend easily over $100 on attraction photos every year so I love the idea of getting all of them for $45. My only concern is what is the print quality of the digital file. Will it look the same as the ones they print? Has anyone used it yet? Also where do you go to get them printed?

Angie Heck

Original Poster
I didn't know just a ride photo was even available.o

There's a little blurb about it on the regular photopass park of the main wdw website. It has a picture attachment that shows the rides it works with. It's $45 and good for 10 days worth of rides.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I was wondering about this myself recently, it seems way more interesting to us than regular Photopass. I found very little information except that hey, it's available. I believe you can only purchase it at the Photopass centers in the parks, and then you get a card. You may want to call Photopass to verify. I think their number is 407-560-4300.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It works just as if you had bought the digital copy at the ride, or if you had bought PP+. Attractions+ is like $45, and you are basically pre-paying for digital copies of all ride photos during the days it is valid. The quality of the photo will vary by the ride. Some are higher quality than others. I think the break even on Attractions+ is like 2 1/2 ride photos. You can purchase it at any ride photo area, and will be given a special Attractions+ Photopass card that you bring up the register of any participating ride, give them the picture number, and they will load it onto the card. You then go onto the Photopass website, claim the pictures, and you can then edit and download them from the site.

If you were considering doing the PhotoCD from Photopass (digital copies of all non ride/dining Photopass pictures), and this interests you, I would suggest just doing PhotoPass+ since that includes a PhotoCD voucher, the PP+ card which gets you all your digital ride photos, digital AND physical dining photos, as well as the stock photo CD. And I believe PP+ preorder still costs less than a PhotoCD preorder and Attractions+.

Upvote 0

Angie Heck

Original Poster
It works just as if you had bought the digital copy at the ride, or if you had bought PP+. Attractions+ is like $45, and you are basically pre-paying for digital copies of all ride photos during the days it is valid. The quality of the photo will vary by the ride. Some are higher quality than others.
How does the quality compare to the ones they print for you? Is the digital download the same resolution? My biggest concern with it is the quality isn't going to compare to ones from previous years and I don't wanna miss out on that quality and not know until I get home and have them printed.

Btw thank you for your thorough explanation. It seems like such a great product they just have no info on it :(

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

My buddy and I got it in February because we didn't need PP pics of us in the parks and we wanted the ride photos. It was awesome and allowed us to do different poses and be silly on the rides. You go to the photo spot at the end of the attractions with a photo available with the pic # and they scan it right on the card. They show up instantly online @ photopass.com.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

How does the quality compare to the ones they print for you? Is the digital download the same resolution? My biggest concern with it is the quality isn't going to compare to ones from previous years and I don't wanna miss out on that quality and not know until I get home and have them printed.

Btw thank you for your thorough explanation. It seems like such a great product they just have no info on it :(

It's the same source file. Most of them should be able to be printed up to a 16x20 (The largest size I think PhotoPass themselves will print online). However, they are usually meant to be printed as a 5x7. (I think the ToT ones I got last trip were 8x10) They usually put the border overlay on the picture before you claim it, so while you can edit the picture, you can't do too much editing. So if you take the source file and print it in the size it's meant to be, then you should be fine. If you however want to crop out most of the other people in the vehicle and then print that as a 16x20, you might have problems.

Checked out some of the ones from the last trip, Buzz was a 3840x2560px, Space as the same res. Test Track however was only 1536x1024. Those were all the original resolutions, so check with your preferred print shop to see how big they will print them. But they are all fine for 4x6 or 5x7 needs.

Upvote 0

Angie Heck

Original Poster
My buddy and I got it in February because we didn't need PP pics of us in the parks and we wanted the ride photos. It was awesome and allowed us to do different poses and be silly on the rides. You go to the photo spot at the end of the attractions with a photo available with the pic # and they scan it right on the card. They show up instantly online @ photopass.com.
Did you print any of them?

Upvote 0

Angie Heck

Original Poster
It's the same source file. Most of them should be able to be printed up to a 16x20 (The largest size I think PhotoPass themselves will print online). However, they are usually meant to be printed as a 5x7. (I think the ToT ones I got last trip were 8x10) They usually put the border overlay on the picture before you claim it, so while you can edit the picture, you can't do too much editing. So if you take the source file and print it in the size it's meant to be, then you should be fine. If you however want to crop out most of the other people in the vehicle and then print that as a 16x20, you might have problems.

Checked out some of the ones from the last trip, Buzz was a 3840x2560px, Space as the same res. Test Track however was only 1536x1024. Those were all the original resolutions, so check with your preferred print shop to see how big they will print them. But they are all fine for 4x6 or 5x7 needs.
Thank you for all the info. We usually buy the 8 x 10s. If they are all higher res they should be fine! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thank you for all the info. We usually buy the 8 x 10s. If they are all higher res they should be fine! Thanks again!

Then just make sure to tell them you want the digital file in the 8x10 format when they add it to your card. Otherwise the border will be messed up when you go to print it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom