Attraction in the Most Need of a Refurbishment

StarWarsGirl

Magic Kingdom: Mmm...they keep things in pretty good shape over there. But probably Buzz Lightyear. That one is still showing damage from last year's bad storms. And although updating it would interfere with my Galactic Hero every time score, Disney can do better than cardboard cut outs. Also, Carousel of Progress. No one uses car phones anymore, unless On Star or Bluetooth counts.

Epcot: Maelstrom. It's showing its age. Also Ellen's Energy Adventure. I'd be in favor of her coming back and redoing it. Also Imagination and Circle of Life.

DHS: One Man's Dream was in sorry condition when I went through yesterday. This is a tribute to Walt. They can do better than having carpet lift out of the floor. Also GMR. Keep Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Indy, and Singin' in the Rain, but replace Alien with either Star Wars or Star Trek. The other scenes also need to be redone. Maybe replace the gangster scene with something Les Mis related? Minus 100% singing.

Animal Kingdom: Just fix the darn Yeti and we're good.

ctxak98

Here is my list of attractions that need a refurb!
- The Great Movie Ride
-Tower of Terror
-Philharmagic
-Dinosaur
-Everest
-Soarin
-Ellen's energy adventure
-Imagination

RodSerling123

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom: Mmm...they keep things in pretty good shape over there. But probably Buzz Lightyear. That one is still showing damage from last year's bad storms. And although updating it would interfere with my Galactic Hero every time score, Disney can do better than cardboard cut outs. Also, Carousel of Progress. No one uses car phones anymore, unless On Star or Bluetooth counts.

Epcot: Maelstrom. It's showing its age. Also Ellen's Energy Adventure. I'd be in favor of her coming back and redoing it. Also Imagination and Circle of Life.

DHS: One Man's Dream was in sorry condition when I went through yesterday. This is a tribute to Walt. They can do better than having carpet lift out of the floor. Also GMR. Keep Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Indy, and Singin' in the Rain, but replace Alien with either Star Wars or Star Trek. The other scenes also need to be redone. Maybe replace the gangster scene with something Les Mis related? Minus 100% singing.

Animal Kingdom: Just fix the darn Yeti and we're good.
I totally forgot about One Man's Dream. One of my favorite attractions. But I do agree that could use a touch up. I just don't want them to change it to much.

StarWarsGirl

Here is my list of attractions that need a refurb!
- The Great Movie Ride
-Tower of Terror
-Philharmagic
-Dinosaur
-Everest
-Soarin
-Ellen's energy adventure
-Imagination
Could you explain TofT? I was on it yesterday and didn't find anything majorly wrong, so I'm curious as to why you named that one. I agree with you on most others. Totally forgot about Philhar Magic, but it's bad. Sound needs work, sprayers not working, when the stage is down at the beginning, screen doesn't meet top, etc.

Soarin2u

Soarin'. Video is a bit pixilated, and the video is need of some updating too. Clean things, up make them more modern, refurbish some of the slowly dating queues. Now is it in desperate need of TLC like Ellen's ? No, but it needs it too.

DisneyJunkie

1. The Great Movie Ride: As many have stated before, it's simply tired and very out-dated.
2. Space Mountain: As much as I love it right now, the newer versions in other parks look much better.
3. Universe of Energy: Please dump all the Ellen garbage and update the animatronics.
4. TTA: Just want the old spiel back.
5. Peter Pan's Flight: Do love it as-is, but with today's technology, it could have wonders done to it.
6. Journey Into Imagination: Perhaps the 5th, 6th, or 7th refurbishment can make it worthwhile again.
7. Stitch's Great Escape: Best refurb possible is trash it altogether and abandon the concept.
8. Spaceship Earth: Put back in the Jeremy Irons narration and a decent backwards final descent.
9. Soarin': I know it's coming, but a new film (digital not regular film) and in HD.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I've said it in the past and I will say it again. I don't care what they do to UoE as long as they don't touch the traveling theater! And on another note, come on Disney! It's the second oldest attraction in Future World! How did you not change it five years ago during the repaint of the pavilion?

Tom Morrow

Could you explain TofT? I was on it yesterday and didn't find anything majorly wrong, so I'm curious as to why you named that one. I agree with you on most others. Totally forgot about Philhar Magic, but it's bad. Sound needs work, sprayers not working, when the stage is down at the beginning, screen doesn't meet top, etc.
@rct247 already explained it in his post. Lots of effects are now missing, bad/patchy audio, lots of wear and tear... see this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tower-of-terror-effects-status-watch.861775/

Also it could really use some upgrades at this point. While the aspect of the elevator moving forward is cool and a nice surprise to first time visitors, the 5th dimension scene is kind of cheesy now.

StarWarsGirl

@rct247 already explained it in his post. Lots of effects are now missing, bad/patchy audio, lots of wear and tear... see this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tower-of-terror-effects-status-watch.861775/

Also it could really use some upgrades at this point. While the aspect of the elevator moving forward is cool and a nice surprise to first time visitors, the 5th dimension scene is kind of cheesy now.
Audio was fine the other day. The effects in the queue are what's mostly not working. While I understand the reasons, I think that there are other attractions in more desperate need. I also don't see how they would make the elevators NOT go forward. The building shape is wrong for making them not go forward. I'm not really wild about the DL version being in the shaft. It minimizes uncertainty, which I don't like.

Tom Morrow

Audio was fine the other day.
it does depend on which parts of the attraction you experience. Remember, two pre shows and four load shafts. They are not consistent like they should be. It's also possible that you are used to it sounding wrong because it has been this way for years. @marni1971 and even @wdwmagic can also back this up.

I also don't see how they would make the elevators NOT go forward. The building shape is wrong for making them not go forward. I'm not really wild about the DL version being in the shaft. It minimizes uncertainty, which I don't like.
No, I meant change the scene and effects, not remove the forward motion.

StarWarsGirl

it does depend on which parts of the attraction you experience. Remember, two pre shows and four load shafts. They are not consistent like they should be. It's also possible that you are used to it sounding wrong because it has been this way for years. @marni1971 and even @wdwmagic can also back this up.

No, I meant change the scene and effects, not remove the forward motion.
Within the past week I've experienced both preshow areas and both shafts, and it's been pretty consistent. It could be that I'm used to it, but I went to the DL version and didn't notice a dramatic difference. The effects could use an upgrade. Like I said, a refurb wouldn't be a bad thing, but IMO it's not as bad as others. Like Everest. Especially Everest.

StarWarsGirl

Most of the effects were working today. All fog effects were working and most of the animatronics were as well. The major thing I noticed was that one of the Carnatorouses was completely broken. They are so intimidating when they are not moving. And it's not like they can disco.

Tom Morrow

Within the past week I've experienced both preshow areas and both shafts, and it's been pretty consistent. It could be that I'm used to it, but I went to the DL version and didn't notice a dramatic difference.
my personal biggest complaint is that a lot if it is just too quiet. Compare how awesome something like Transformers sounds (say what you want about the ride) to Tower, where a lot of it is like "relaxing volume" which is lame for a thrill ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Circle of Life. Ive seen a lot of bad talk about this ride on this site. I don't mind it. I don't absolutely love it, but i don't mind it. Seeing it for myself and seeing what other people say about it, I think could stand to completely re-do this attraction into something more enjoyable.

You know... I said the same thing about this show. But apparently I was mistaken and everyone on this site loves CoL. I believe the people who hate it must be imaginary little figures within our minds, my friend.

Cmdr_Crimson

Most of the effects were working today. All fog effects were working and most of the animatronics were as well. The major thing I noticed was that one of the Carnatorouses was completely broken. They are so intimidating when they are not moving. And it's not like they can disco.

Which one was it? When I was there in January the first encounter was missing and they had the stand in Carno head in a bush which looked rather weird..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom