Attendance Does Magic Kingdom (park) have higher attendance then Disneyland?

Sunny Blueberry

Original Poster
Disney feeds info to TEA to influence their "independent" numbers. This is an open "secret" in the industry. As stated above by others, Disney believes it's in its best interest to have MK on top. Whether DL ever passes it (and it has) is irrelevant. And no one, no one in the WORLD, can convince me that TDL has lower attendance than DL/MK. Since OLC releases attendance figures, I'll leave it to you to decide who is lying.

I just wanted to thank people for chiming in.

I never really considered if the Thea numbers were influenced by figures provided by the Walt Disney Company.

donsullivan

Premium Member
These 2 charts are based on the TEA data since 1998. I'm not going to get into the debate in every direction where everyone tries to dismiss the data because it doesn't fit one narrative or another. This is the one constant source of data over the long haul that is available that includes all operators in the industry.
Disneyland attendance.png

WDW Attendance.png

D

Deleted member 107043

I never really considered if the Thea numbers were influenced by figures provided by the Walt Disney Company.

Does it matter whether they do or not since none of the Disney numbers from TEA are official? What we know for certain is that the unofficial published numbers for all parks are what the theme park industry uses to gauge the health of the business. Therefore, there's apparently enough faith in the TEA figures for big theme resort operators like Universal, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, as well as the news media, global tour operators, hoteliers, and others to routinely reference them.

Last edited by a moderator:

nevol

These 2 charts are based on the TEA data since 1998. I'm not going to get into the debate in every direction where everyone tries to dismiss the data because it doesn't fit one narrative or another. This is the one constant source of data over the long haul that is available that includes all operators in the industry.
View attachment 202624

View attachment 202625

Disneyland + 2million seems to be the equation! Lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom