At WDW right now and having a blast!

Jessnwonderland

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Today was our 3rd full day and man are we tired! We have been going from sun up to sun down each day. We missed our Kona cafe breakfast ressie this morning due to Disney transportation... BUT we are rescheduled for tomorrow :) We have had a couple rain showers so far, today being the worst. We broke down and bought an umbrella on the way to dinner. Where did we go for dinner?? The Flying Fish Cafe! I was blown away! To say it was amazing wouldn't even cover how good it was! I am planning on writing my first trip report when I get home so be on the lookout to see what was great and what lacked during our trip.

miles1

Great to hear you're having such a good time. The way the boards have been lately, I was wondering if it was still possible. Take a spin on the TTA for me and enjoy the rest of your time!

Tom

Beta Return
Hey everyone! Today was our 3rd full day and man are we tired! We have been going from sun up to sun down each day. We missed our Kona cafe breakfast ressie this morning due to Disney transportation... BUT we are rescheduled for tomorrow :) We have had a couple rain showers so far, today being the worst. We broke down and bought an umbrella on the way to dinner. Where did we go for dinner?? The Flying Fish Cafe! I was blown away! To say it was amazing wouldn't even cover how good it was! I am planning on writing my first trip report when I get home so be on the lookout to see what was great and what lacked during our trip.

So, I presume you experienced the wonders of Epcot's birthday party, eh? I'm quite envious, I will admit. Glad you're having a good time and enjoying the food.

And yes, Disney Transportation is capable of making one, and only one, guarantee - that they can make you late for any ADR, no matter how early you begin your trek!

luv

Glad you're having fun, OP!!
So, I presume you experienced the wonders of Epcot's birthday party, eh? I'm quite envious, I will admit. Glad you're having a good time and enjoying the food.

And yes, Disney Transportation is capable of making one, and only one, guarantee - that they can make you late for any ADR, no matter how early you begin your trek!
i hate to blame Disney for this stuff.

They always tell people to allow 60-90 minutes to travel.

I suppose it is possible for someone to allow 90 minutes to get from one place to another and have Disney mess it up...but I would bet it is exceedingly rare. I think most of the time, it is people underestimating how long it can take. They don't believe it really can take 60-90 minutes, so they don't allow themselves enough time.

Tom

Beta Return
i hate to blame Disney for this stuff.

They always tell people to allow 60-90 minutes to travel.

I suppose it is possible for someone to allow 90 minutes to get from one place to another and have Disney mess it up...but I would bet it is exceedingly rare. I think most of the time, it is people underestimating how long it can take. They don't believe it really can take 60-90 minutes, so they don't allow themselves enough time.

I definitely know their disclaimer....and we know, first hand, that it's true. We have also experienced trips that took longer than 90 minutes. At least one of them was a trip that should have taken far less than an hour, due to the need for only one transfer.

maryszhi

so glad your having a magical time :) cannot wait for the trip report :)

Jessnwonderland

Original Poster
TTA was one of my first rides! Epcot's 30th? You should have seen the lines for that merchandise! As far as buses go. We were on one for an hour! But C'est la vie! Off to Kona's! ;)

SulleyanBoo

Thanks for sharing! Have a great time on the rest of your trip :) and tip: if you can brave the rain, go to the parks they are like a ghost town when it storms...from my past expereinces.

wiigirl

Hope you have a magical trip! :)
75.gif

Jessnwonderland

Original Poster
Today DH and I went to Hollywood studios. We had such a good time just taking it all in, walking the whole park and hopping on some rides. Sadly, we skipped TSM and its 70 minute wait. We did the animation sketch class twice which was a first for us and loved it! Not only was it alot of fun but we got some cool free souvenirs out of it! But the most amazing thing by far was being approached by cast members looking for extra's for a new Disney promotional video! It was for the Disney guide channel that plays at all the resorts. Of course me being the ham that I am i said heck yeah! We were filmed in front of the Great Movie ride with a group of 15 or so, and yelled into the camera something about "welcome to Disney's Hollywood Studios where you become the star." So be on the lookout for new promo videos soon (and after i get my trip report up and going) be on the lookout for DH and me

The Empress Lilly

Today DH and I went to Hollywood studios. We had such a good time just taking it all in, walking the whole park and hopping on some rides. Sadly, we skipped TSM and its 70 minute wait. We did the animation sketch class twice which was a first for us and loved it! Not only was it alot of fun but we got some cool free souvenirs out of it! But the most amazing thing by far was being approached by cast members looking for extra's for a new Disney promotional video! It was for the Disney guide channel that plays at all the resorts. Of course me being the ham that I am i said heck yeah! We were filmed in front of the Great Movie ride with a group of 15 or so, and yelled into the camera something about "welcome to Disney's Hollywood Studios where you become the star." So be on the lookout for new promo videos soon (and after i get my trip report up and going) be on the lookout for DH and me
Pics! Gives us some pictures!

Magenta Panther

I envy you! WDW is so cool during the Halloween season! I wanted to go in October this year, but got held up (freaking work!!!) and so it looks like I'll be visiting in December again. Oh well. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, here I come!!!

ParentsOf4

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we walked around in chocolate coma's for most of the morning thanks to Starring Roles and it's ridiculously yummy cupcakes! I had the chocolate peanut butter one and DH had the red velvet.
We love Starring Rolls first thing in the morning! Sitting outside in the sun while it's still cool in the morning, watching the hustle & bustle, enjoying a morning pastry & coffee. Simply delightful.:)

Jessnwonderland

Original Poster
The envy is mutual lol. I would love to be able to go in December and see all the holiday decorations but I work retail so it's impossible for me to take time off then. Plus I'm sure the weather is much cooler for you. It's been at least 90 degrees every day of our trip!

DisneyJunkie

We missed our Kona cafe breakfast ressie this morning due to Disney transportation... BUT we are rescheduled for tomorrow :)

Our vacation there was last week. We nearly missed several dining reservations because of the poor Disney bus transportation (waiting and waiting and waiting for the bus we wanted to come), but thankfully didn't have to reschedule. We got to the TRex at Downtown Disney a good 25 minutes after our reservation time, but they still took us, and pretty quickly. Glad you're having a good time. I'm sure the crowds are starting to pick up more though, aren't they? The last few days of last week we were just dying from the heat......and then it was made worse with the few downpours we got, that just made everything that much more humid.

Jessnwonderland

Original Poster
I had just said to DH that I thought the crowds had picked up as the week went on. Usually it's quite the opposite. And yes this weeks weather has been crazy! We dodged a huge thunderstorm this afternoon and have gotten drenched in several sudden downpours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom