Asad Ayaz Named The Walt Disney Company’s First-Ever Chief Brand Officer

Drdcm

There's this word that I'm thinking off that can perfectly illustrate the problem with the Disney Brand....but I can't remember it since I just woke up from a nap.

OK Bye!
skeletor-running-away.gif
While I don’t necessarily agree that that is their problem, your meme is on point. Love it!

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
At least they’re acknowledging they have a bit of an image problem, that’s the first step to fixing it.
From Iger to Asad -
"Our brand is totally broken, pls fix - thanks."
One step should be selling off the former Fox assets Disney acquired. They are out-of-place in the Disney brand (except Avatar, and maybe most of Fox's animated features like Ice Age).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
One step should be selling off the former Fox assets Disney acquired. They are out-of-place in the Disney brand (except Avatar, and maybe most of Fox's animated features like Ice Age).
Not gonna happen, at least not in any way you're wanting to happen. The only thing I could see happen is Iger could look to license out more of the 20th Century library to be used by other studios.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Not gonna happen, at least not in any way you're wanting to happen. The only thing I could see happen is Iger could look to license out more of the 20th Century library to be used by other studios.
Then Disney would end up getting the post-theatrical rights. I can’t see that happening.

Epcot82Guy

This will be an interesting one. Just a reminder there are two fundamental approaches to a brand. There is the approach that takes what a company authentically offers and helps ensure the company's actions align to those standards for purposes of consistency, focusing on the customer. There is another approach that maximizes the view of a company, even when that may be beyond truth or meant to evoke emotions through excitement, advertising, etc. (i.e. hype). (And, of course, there can be a combination.) One is earned. One is created. We'll see which school he ascribes more to.

epcotWSC

Besides Encanto, what was the last culturally relevant new Disney property? And how are the fandoms feeling about Marvel and Star Wars over the last few years (btw, when was the last Star Wars theatrical release)? Maybe that's why they got a brand repair man.

Last edited:
In your opinion, what is the "obvious" that needs changing? And if they didn't want to change anything, why would they appoint someone to a new position with that goal in mind?
You really think they want change? It’s not hard to change course. Just hiring to cover up public perception issues isn’t change.

BlakeW39

Besides Encanto, what was the last culturally relevant new Disney property? And how are the fandoms feeling about Marvel and Star Wars over the last few years (btw, when was the last Star Wars theatrical release)? Maybe that's why they got a brand repair man.

Marvel and Star Wars fandoms are at an all time low. Coming from a huge Marvel Comics fan and a moderate level Star Wars fan.

Post-Endgame MCU and the SW Sequel Trilogy are largely to blame for that. But for me, Marvel's specific dislike for the comics and their beloved classic characters have really driven me off. When they said comics fans pitching them films was a 'red flag'.... I knew I wouldn't see any more of their movies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is he good?
Yes…prior movies were good

He directed the Indiana Jones movie yet to be released

But
BUT…this is classic KK…award performance that may not work. She loved Rian Johnson and frankly he couldn’t understand Star Wars less if he tried to on purpose. Just awful…it looks worse each day.

Disney has shown a determination - and now it appears It is on Iger - to try and redefine a fanbase who never once asked for it.

The word is hubris. Period.

I hope at some point they’ll stop peeing into the wind

TsWade2

Yes…prior movies were good

He directed the Indiana Jones movie yet to be released

But
BUT…this is classic KK…award performance that may not work. She loved Rian Johnson and frankly he couldn’t understand Star Wars less if he tried to on purpose. Just awful…it looks worse each day.

Disney has shown a determination - and now it appears It is on Iger - to try and redefine a fanbase who never once asked for it.

The word is hubris. Period.

I hope at some point they’ll stop peeing into the wind
Um.....I'll just let the future answer my question!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom