As magical express ends, can we expect cheaper rooms or are we just paying more and getting less?

tanc

Original Poster
That is the question. It's very sad Disney is ending the service, honestly added so much magic. I know Mears is offering it still, but all I can say is I hope rooms will at least be cheaper. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but to completely get rid of magic express and still charge the same is just wrong. With the train to Disney springs, I just hope they have a luggage solution.

Goofyernmost

Are we paying more and getting less...well yes...of course.

COVID has destroyed Disney and I don't think it is ever coming back even nearly as good as it was before the pandemic. "Pay more to get less" seems to be the new Disney standard. What a shame.
Disney was pretty deep in that spiral long before Covid, but that won't stop them from blaming it on Covid. Downward spiral of quality and upward spiral of charges.

Last edited:

seascape

Oh that’s easy…Paying much more for much less. 😐
The trade will be only those staying on property will get free fast passes. If Disney charges $10 for each and gives 3 per person per day that means a $30.00 savings per person per day. So for a 4 day trip with 3 people staying 3 nights would mean a savings of $480 just for the free fast passes. That is $160 a night per room. Would you rather have the free fast passes or free transportation from the airport? Now, in my opinion I expect different numbers of fast passes based on level of resort. It could be 1, 2 and 3 but Disney would be smarter with 2 for value, 3 for moderate and 4 for deluxed.

drizgirl

The trade will be only those staying on property will get free fast passes. If Disney charges $10 for each and gives 3 per person per day that means a $30.00 savings per person per day. So for a 4 day trip with 3 people staying 3 nights would mean a savings of $480 just for the free fast passes. That is $160 a night per room. Would you rather have the free fast passes or free transportation from the airport? Now, in my opinion I expect different numbers of fast passes based on level of resort. It could be 1, 2 and 3 but Disney would be smarter with 2 for value, 3 for moderate and 4 for deluxed.
What? That's like Kohl's raising the price 40% and offering a 40% off coupon.

Mark48

What? That's like Kohl's raising the price 40% and offering a 40% off coupon.
How is introducing a new revenue stream then " giving " you 1,2 or 3 passes a " Savings " for guests ? It's a
new upcharge. Besides, is the Paris system showing any free passes ? I hope it is .

DisneyMusician2

How is introducing a new revenue stream then " giving " you 1,2 or 3 passes a " Savings " for guests ? It's a
new upcharge. Besides, is the Paris system showing any free passes ? I hope it is .
I believe they are also expanding their virtual queue system, which I'm hoping is going to also be done at WDW.

aliceismad

Are we paying more and getting less...well yes...of course.

COVID has destroyed Disney and I don't think it is ever coming back even nearly as good as it was before the pandemic. "Pay more to get less" seems to be the new Disney standard. What a shame.
Disney hasn't even recovered from covid yet, so who knows what will be long-lasting from it. At least fireworks are back. Hopefully parades and shows will be soon.

I think most of the long-term changes that have happened were in the works or being developed prior to covid even existing. DME, FP changes, cost increases, etc.

Mickey5150

Disney probably had a great deal with Mears in the beginning for magical express ad now the price has gone more than Disney wanted to pay. So either they jack room prices higher to cover the costs or they get rid of it. Plus now all the people who pay for parking can't complain that they are paying for magical express without using it.

Father-of-four

Disney probably had a great deal with Mears in the beginning for magical express ad now the price has gone more than Disney wanted to pay. So either they jack room prices higher to cover the costs or they get rid of it. Plus now all the people who pay for parking can't complain that they are paying for magical express without using it.
If you want to be nice to Disney, that is your option. But if they had an unacceptable price increase all they would have had to do was charge the difference to those using the service. (For example, $10 or $25/person.) But to eliminate it completely is strictly a cost savings. The same is true of charging for parking. The cost is maybe $2 to $5/day. But to charge $25/day is strictly a money maker. They have said that they want to get more money per visitor. To do that they have to charge more, reduce services, or both. They are doing both. And for every increase in price, a few less people can afford to visit. And with every reduction in service, a little less magic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom