Artist Point

JohnD

Original Poster
I made an ADR for Artist Point for the evening of 11/29. Never been there. Any recommendations?

horizons82

Artist Point is an underrated restaurant in my opinion. My wife and I had a wonderful meal when we visited some time ago. The setting is lovely, the views out of the windows are nice and the food was really good. I second the recommendation for the soup--it was amazing.

It's also nice to wander around the lobby and resort grounds before/after your meal.

If I had any minor complaint about the restaurant it is that it does feel a tad old...and yes, I know it's supposed to look old, but I mean in terms of the condition of the upholstery, furnishings, etc. It's still a lovely restaurant, but if I had to nit-pick about anything it would be this.

Enjoy a lovely dinner!

Minthorne

Been twice and it never stood out for me. Nothing bad to say but I think I'd only go back if someone else wanted to.

However I do recall my friend had a Tomahawk Veal chop he still raves about...

JohnD

Original Poster
Artist Point is an underrated restaurant in my opinion. My wife and I had a wonderful meal when we visited some time ago. The setting is lovely, the views out of the windows are nice and the food was really good. I second the recommendation for the soup--it was amazing.

It's also nice to wander around the lobby and resort grounds before/after your meal.

If I had any minor complaint about the restaurant it is that it does feel a tad old...and yes, I know it's supposed to look old, but I mean in terms of the condition of the upholstery, furnishings, etc. It's still a lovely restaurant, but if I had to nit-pick about anything it would be this.

Enjoy a lovely dinner!

Wanted to try it and have never been. It also gives me an excuse to visit Wilderness Lodge which I have also never been to. As an added bonus, I get to see the resort decked out for Christmas. I plan on a casual evening, though I set FP+ at MK for the last three hours before midnight (technically 8:30-11:30 -- the ADR is at 6:15).

JohnD

Original Poster
Been twice and it never stood out for me. Nothing bad to say but I think I'd only go back if someone else wanted to.

However I do recall my friend had a Tomahawk Veal chop he still raves about...

"Tomahawk Veal Chop". Go Noles!
fsu-logo2.jpg

Phonedave

They are also one of the few places on the East Coast (or heck, anywhere that is more than say 75 miles from Washington) that during the season, has Copper River Salmon as a regular menu item. The out of season cedar plank salmon is great, but if you are there during the season, and you like salmon, the Copper River Salmon is well worth the upcharge.

-dave

zurgandfriend

Also been there twice; one meal meh at best, the other for a lot of reasons, server, wild children running around, food was not prepared to our request, was one of the worst meals we every had in WDW.

Phonedave

AP had gone downhill for a while (2 years or so) there. But in the last year or so, they have reversed the slide and are back.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom