Artist Point?

phichi17

Hi,

I am planning a trip in Sept and want to book at Artist Point, anyone here ever been? How's the quality and the experience?

Thanks in advance!

Love It

It is (IMHO) one of the best dining experiences on property. My wife and I have had a dinner there every time we have been to WDW. (We've been about 5 times now.) The bison steaks are great and you will not find better salmon anywhere. The atmosphere is wonderful and we've always gotten great service. Have a wonderful trip and I agree with the previous poster that you should try the soup as well. Have a great trip and a wonderful meal.

Upvote 0

Erik

It's probably the favorite WDW restaurant of my wife and I.

Great wine, and very unique food. We go out to eat at a lot of the nicer places here in Washington, DC- and we feel that Artist Point (along with CA Grill and Jiko) can stand up with the best of them.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Artist Point is a great place for a nice quiet, romantic dinner. The food and atmosphere will bring you back time & time again. Give it a try. :wave:

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Artists Point is one of the top 3-5 restaurants in all of WDW!

I can also recommend the buffalo steak and the wines are very good, too.

We like the service and the views, too.

Upvote 0

makscopes

Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant that is reminiscent of the Parks of the Great NorthWest. The atmosphere is casual but elegant and the food is superb! My favorite is the Buffalo steak and the Salmon. The decor is of Frank Lloyd Wright design - it is well worth your time to have lunch or dinner there.

Milton

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

I have gushed about Artist Point enough on these boards... Suffice it to say it's my favourite restaurant on WDW property!!! I tried it last winter and now I'm hooked... I just wish I would have had enough room to polish off the berry cobler!!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

lawyergirl77 said:
I have gushed about Artist Point enough on these boards... Suffice it to say it's my favourite restaurant on WDW property!!! I tried it last winter and now I'm hooked... I just wish I would have had enough room to polish off the berry cobler!!! :slurp:

And its so easy to make at home! :D

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

tigsmom said:
And its so easy to make at home! :D
Yes but a) it's so much better when someone else makes it, and b) everything tastes better at WDW!!!!

(and I've tried to replicate the cobbler, but it has never been quite the same... And I'm a pretty good cook, so it's not like I'm spreading some jam on some pilsbury biscuits!!! *sigh* I'm hungry now...)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

lawyergirl77 said:
Yes but a) it's so much better when someone else makes it, and b) everything tastes better at WDW!!!!

(and I've tried to replicate the cobbler, but it has never been quite the same... And I'm a pretty good cook, so it's not like I'm spreading some jam on some pilsbury biscuits!!! *sigh* I'm hungry now...)

Well I can't help with your technique but I will agree on your first two points. :lol:

Upvote 0

njblackberry

One of our favorite high end places to eat on property. First time we were there, it was pouring outside and we absolutely felt like we were in the Pacific Northwest. Beautifully themed and the food and wine were outstanding.

Upvote 0

alanindy

No twisting my arm to recommend Artist's Point! Not only is the Wilderness Lodge my favorite resort, but it has 2 of the better dining experiences on the property with the Whispering Canyon and Artist's Point. The atmosphere is relaxing, the food well presented, service is very good, and the food is a blend of comfort food and the gourmet. I can never choose my #1 favorite restaraunt on property as there are 5 different ones I like for different reasons, but Artist's Point is in my top 3.

Upvote 0

ZHoyt

I used to love Artist Point. I've eaten there many times over the years, and I hate to say but the quality has significantly declined over the last year or two. Their signature dishes (salmon, mushroom soup, buffalo sirloin, etc, etc) are still there and still good, just not up to par with their past standards. The decor is nice, service is great, and I love the WLodge. But AP really needs to address some problems if it is to remain at the top of WDW's restaraunts. The Brown Derby had a similar situation a while back and from my latest trips it solved them. Hopefully AP can do the same. While I'm at it, it is also worth nothing that another former favorite, the Yachtsmen's Steakhouse, has suffered a similar fate to Artist Point. One of my favorite parts of a WDW vacation has always been the great dining experiences, and the sliding quality of some of my favorite places to eat is really disheartening. Luckily, there are still plenty of places that continue to be great, and some (especially Citrico's) that seem to get better every year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom