artist point vs jiko

DisDadWoz

We had great time and experience at both, however Jiko still our favorite. The food "experience" of trying something new is what drew us to Jiko, Artist Point is pretty safe menu wise so we kind of knew what we were getting into. I personally feel the level of service and its overall addition to your experience is far better at Jiko as I feel they get into the menu discussion more.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Both are great but I will say we overall go to Jiko more. But both have food that we absolutely love. See which menu you like better. I would suggest trying both at some point. ;)

sxeensweet

I'm a picky eater, so I'd have no interest in eating at Jiko.

You'd be surprised. They have a normal filet with Mac and cheese (best Mac and cheese ever so much so and has stayed popular they brought it back as an option to add to your steak..it was a secret add on after they changed the steaks accompaniment but now it's listed on the menu again as a substitute), etc. And a few other items too aren't bad for a picky eater. It's not all African type dishes. :)

steviej

You'd be surprised. They have a normal filet with Mac and cheese (best Mac and cheese ever so much so and has stayed popular they brought it back as an option to add to your steak..it was a secret add on after they changed the steaks accompaniment but now it's listed on the menu again as a substitute), etc. And a few other items too aren't bad for a picky eater. It's not all African type dishes. :)

Really!? you have given me something to think about for the probable 2017 trip. Thank you!

sxeensweet

Really!? you have given me something to think about for the probable 2017 trip. Thank you!

You're very welcome! If the Mac and cheese (a white cheese based can get without sausage that's in it now I believe mine never had sausage in it) is not listed on the menu then just ask for it to go with your steak. I had to do that a few years when it did not appear on the menu anymore but they always obliged. The filet had a type of sauce drizzled but was not anything to me a picky eater wouldn't like it was not any odd flavors to it. I wouldn't recommend it if I thought it would turn a picky eater off. Check out their menu on MDE and on here. The menu changes from time to time but the filet usually always stays. ;)

Last edited:

Hockey89

We had great time and experience at both, however Jiko still our favorite. The food "experience" of trying something new is what drew us to Jiko, Artist Point is pretty safe menu wise so we kind of knew what we were getting into. I personally feel the level of service and its overall addition to your experience is far better at Jiko as I feel they get into the menu discussion more.
The last part is my experience as well... Service is WAY better at Jiko IMHO

Schneewittchen

I've never been to Jiko. But I'm in love with Artist Point.

I last went in March 2016. The service was wonderful, the food was divine.
We had the charcuterie board, my husband had the filet, and I had the scallops. Everyone must try this place.

EvilQueen-T

I've had several great and 1 bad at both but the bad were service related not food so that's always a gamble depending on whose working etc...so personally I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Sooooooo much good food at both places I couldn't pick one over the other lol.

ABQ

I love them both and have been each repeatedly, but Jiko is by far the better experience. The waitstaff is exceptional, the ambiance is fantastic and the variety of food runs a wider spectrum. This is not a knock on Artist Point, it's just that Jiko, even with one visit a few year's back that was negative, manager changed and has since either changed again or learned a lesson, as the last 4 years have been great, is that much better. In terms of in resort or park restaurants, I can't think of any as nice. (not factoring V&A)

dreamfinder

Artist Point wasn't bad, but wasn't anything special. Solid meal, but that was about it. Jiko has better ambiance, and the service seemed to be much better. And the food is outstanding.

Jess G

Original Poster
Ok so Jiko it is!! :) One question though! I plan on going after star wars fireworks (I will have a car) as of now HS is set to close @ 7 in december.... I have a 9:15 @ Jiko. Am I in the clear or cutting it to close?

ABQ

Ok so Jiko it is!! :) One question though! I plan on going after star wars fireworks (I will have a car) as of now HS is set to close @ 7 in december.... I have a 9:15 @ Jiko. Am I in the clear or cutting it to close?
You'll be fine. Might see you there as I have Jiko reservations in December as well.

DisDadWoz

You should be fine. If you are cutting it close and want to save a couple of minutes drop your party off at the door to go check in before you park the car. Parking like at most resorts isn't very close so you have some walking to do.

BASS

who has the better experience and food?
I went to both a couple months ago. The only good thing I can say about Artist Point is that at least I had Jiko the following evening to save the [food part of the] trip. I've been to Jiko on multiple occasions and the food and service is wonderful, not to mention the resort is gorgeous. The food and service at Artist Point was forgettable. Not sure you could pay me to go there again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom