Art of Animation Resort - convention space

DisneyDadFL

Original Poster
Posted by @DisneyMeeting on twitter.

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort opening 2012 at WDW will have more than 700,000 sq ft of meeting & event space.

Really...at a value resort?

spaceghost

Posted by @DisneyMeeting on twitter.

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort opening 2012 at WDW will have more than 700,000 sq ft of meeting & event space.

Really...at a value resort?

Hmmm....this seems odd given that the resort will be predominantly suites. I can't imagine that convention goers would want to have that many suites? Could be wrong though. I suppose the proximity to Pop Century would allow for visitors to stay in non-suites and not be that far from the meeting area...still, seems odd.

Pioneer Hall

For some reason I feel that we would have heard about this at press time. It wouldn't be something that Disney would want to hide.

ImaYoyo

Thought it won't, think outside the box a bit... other than those on a convention, who might want to use "convention space"?

wedding receptions
family reunions
birthday parties
anniversary parties
sporting banquest
practice space for dance groups, cheer groups, bands, choirs, orchestras

Convention space at a value resort would not necessarily be primarily used for 'conventions'. All it really means is private space for anyone that wants to pay to rent it. So I could see it happening at some point, though something more along the lines of maybe 40,000 sq feet w/breakout rooms.

emaginear

you know, a convention center type of building would be sort of make sense here . They could hold future D23 events, animation festivals, Animation learning conventions.. Creative expos..etc.

Pioneer Hall

A convention area at a value resort wouldn't work since these areas are mainly used for corporate conventions where people are looking for ammenities that are included in a deluxe hotel. Most of us can agree that the value resorts are great for people who are looking to spend the majority of their time in the parks and don't require the ammenities that the deluxe resorts offer. People who are attending conventions are looking for deluxe level ammenities because they usually have no choice but to be stuck at their resort for a good amount of their time. This is the reason why Coronado Springs has a gym, salon, and suites (and a higher room rate than the other moderates)...people are looking for these things when they are planning a convention.

As far as the other functions a previous poster mentioned, yes they are taken into consideration. However, the amount of corporate functions and conventions far exceeds the amount of special occasions that are booked in those rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom