Art of Animation or Wilderness Lodge?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Help me!

My best friend and I are going to the World June 26th until the 29th, then on the Disney Dream for a four day cruise! We currently booked Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Suites. Since we will only be at the resort a limited amount of time, we decided to go with a value.

We keep comparing resorts and Wilderness Lodge came up and it would only be an additional 180 a person for the entire trip to upgrade to a deluxe. Should we do it? Would it be worth it?

Our itinerary is Hollywood Studios on arrival day, with dinner at Whispering Canyon the first night. Then an Epcot full day, and then a Magic Kingdom full day. We won't really have the time to use all the resort amenities, but it is unlikely we could ever afford a deluxe for a full Disney World vacation, so this could be the perfect opportunity! Staying for three nights here wouldn't break the bank, but is it worth it?

Help me fellow Disney-ers. I need your expertise. It doesn't help that my pin code brochure had a beautiful picture of the Wilderness Lodge at night on the back all lit up and beautiful.

Decisions, decisions!

jlsHouston

I think if you can afford to go deluxe, do it! With the prices of those resorts these days, your lucky if u can afford to stay in them now!

Boy ain't that the truth. You're saying for $ 60 bucks more a night each one's cost which for 3 nights is $ 180 a piece you can stay at WL. I would do it.
Keeping in mind AofA is really well themed and Disney's newest resort. And if all you are going to do at a resort is sleep and shower then you know that is almost $ 400 bucks saved between the two of you that you can spend on souvenirs. I have never stayed at AofA so I can't really sing it's praises or give you the negatives.
But I have stayed at WL so I will sing a praise song for you on why you should consider going deluxe for your short trip.
You will pull up to the entry of a huge grand wooden structure that makes you feel like you are in Montana. When you enter the lobby it only gets more grand. Intricate wood designs everywhere, a wonderful rustic earthy feel to it and very happy Disney employees will greet you and make you feel at home.
Once you are checked in, whether you spend anytime at the room or resort, when you do leave for HS, you will find the bus stop has benches and shade for you while wait of the HS bus. I think it's a roped off queue standing line at AofA while you wait for a bus.
That evening when you return to dine, you will be at the resort where your room is if you want to change and clean up before dinner. After dinner depending on what time it is you can sit in the lobby with some wine and visit with your friend enjoying the surroundings or you can go out to the beach area and catch the Electrical Water Parade..or heck do both.
On your MK day you will be able to travel by boat into MK rather than bus which is really fun and a nice way to travel. Or you could catch the boat to the CONT and then monorail into MK. We did that a couple of times and had breakfast at CONT too.
It's a nice pool at WL with a fun slide and a couple of hot tubs.
There is a workout room too that you will have 24 hour access to.
If you can afford the $ 180 a piece and it doesn't take away from your spending money...I would certainly stay at WL.

morningstar

I'd encourage staying at a deluxe at least once in your life. This might be the best opportunity.

Anyway, you'll save a bunch of bus rides. For your dinner at Whispering Canyon you'll need to take 3 buses (HS -> WL, WL -> any park, any park -> AoA). If you are staying there you only need to take the one bus. And for your Magic Kingdom day, you can take the boat instead of a bus. I'm not sure it's faster but it sure is more fun. So that's four fewer bus rides. I might even take the boat to the Magic Kingdom or the Contemporary on Epcot day, then two monorails to Epcot, because I consider the monorail one of the rides and a "must-do".

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Boy ain't that the truth. You're saying for $ 60 bucks more a night each one's cost which for 3 nights is $ 180 a piece you can stay at WL. I would do it.
Keeping in mind AofA is really well themed and Disney's newest resort. And if all you are going to do at a resort is sleep and shower then you know that is almost $ 400 bucks saved between the two of you that you can spend on souvenirs. I have never stayed at AofA so I can't really sing it's praises or give you the negatives.
But I have stayed at WL so I will sing a praise song for you on why you should consider going deluxe for your short trip.
You will pull up to the entry of a huge grand wooden structure that makes you feel like you are in Montana. When you enter the lobby it only gets more grand. Intricate wood designs everywhere, a wonderful rustic earthy feel to it and very happy Disney employees will greet you and make you feel at home.
Once you are checked in, whether you spend anytime at the room or resort, when you do leave for HS, you will find the bus stop has benches and shade for you while wait of the HS bus. I think it's a roped off queue standing line at AofA while you wait for a bus.
That evening when you return to dine, you will be at the resort where your room is if you want to change and clean up before dinner. After dinner depending on what time it is you can sit in the lobby with some wine and visit with your friend enjoying the surroundings or you can go out to the beach area and catch the Electrical Water Parade..or heck do both.
On your MK day you will be able to travel by boat into MK rather than bus which is really fun and a nice way to travel. Or you could catch the boat to the CONT and then monorail into MK. We did that a couple of times and had breakfast at CONT too.
If you can afford the $ 180 a piece and it doesn't take away from your spending money...I would certainly stay at WL.

WOW. I think you just sold the **** outta me! You need to work for the Wilderness Lodge! Thank so much for your detailed account of why staying there would be better! I think it's time to call Disney for an UPGRADE :)

durangojim

Please be aware that the Little Mermaid section are not suites! They're rooms the size of any other Value resort. That being said, there's no question that you should switch to the WL, there's no comparison.

I just stayed at the AoA in the Little Mermaid room over New Years. My family and I had a great experience and my 4 &6 yr old little girls were in awe. But I must say I have my eyes on the Wilderness Lodge! The 1st chance I get to book there I'm jumping at it. With the AoA being a value and the LM rooms being so affordable I would go for the WL!

Marijil

well, well said

Avenger117

For that price difference I would say go for Wilderness. WL is very high on my list of places to stay! Though I think Art of Animation is really neat too. Just think its such a big upgrade for small upcharge. Wilderness is a great propert, the lobby is one of my favorite places in Disney World and the location is nice!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Please be aware that the Little Mermaid section are not suites! They're rooms the size of any other Value resort. That being said, there's no question that you should switch to the WL, there's no comparison.

Yeah there's only two of us so we were prepared that it would be a standard room. I love the little mermaid so I was pretty excited with the details.. it's just when you CAN go deluxe.. why not?! :)

s&k'smom

I have to agree with the way the rates are going if you can do WL I say DO IT! It is a wonderful place and the lobby just stunning. I love coming home at night on the boat and it's dark, lights are twinkling from the WL, you see and hear the geyser so off. Darn now I want to go!

acishere

WL definitely.

I think it is one of the 3 most beautiful hotels on property. You have boat service to MK. And the size of the property is much more manageable size than AoA. The rooms are much more tasteful than anything you would get in a value resort as well.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I have to agree with the way the rates are going if you can do WL I say DO IT! It is a wonderful place and the lobby just stunning. I love coming home at night on the boat and it's dark, lights are twinkling from the WL, you see and hear the geyser so off. Darn now I want to go!

Darn I want to go now too!!! You can really sell a place :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
WL definitely.

I think it is one of the 3 most beautiful hotels on property. You have boat service to MK. And the size of the property is much more manageable size than AoA. The rooms are much more tasteful than anything you would get in a value resort as well.

Thank you so much for your input! You guys are really making this decision easy on me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom