Around the World on a Segway - Epcot

fmingo36

Original Poster
I am thinking of surprising my hubby with this tour when we go down to WDW in Sept.
If you have done this tour, could you please let me know how you liked it.
Was it worth it the price?
Any tips (best tour time, etc) you can share?

Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My husband and daughter did this two years ago and it was the highlight of the trip. They still talk about it. Worth the money? Absolutely!

maryszhi

I am thiking or surprising my hubby with this tour when we go down to WDW in Sept.

Thanks!
i've never done it but have friends that did it that loved it. they said it was really informative and they loved learning to ride the segway. they said that it made them want to buy a segway lol

WDW 3

We surprised my hubby too and he liked it so much he wanted to go again as a family after our daughter turned 16. Go early so you aren't dodging people on the way back to Inoventions when it's over. Wear comfy shoes. You literally stand in one place for the better part of two hours. But it is great!!!

DisneyDebNJ

My son did this 2 years ago and absolutely LOVED it!! One of the best things (next to Dolphins in Depth) he ever did at Disney. I am sure you will LOVE it! They give you *training* then its off to discover Epcot.

Nemo14

It's great fun - reserve the earliest one so that you have World showcase to yourselves. Also the one at Fort Wilderness is great fun too if you like off-roading.

Club34

I did it with my family. It was cool (when else am I going to ride a Segway?). However, I thought they might let us go nuts in World Showcase, but we had a relatively tiny area to buzz around in. Kinda a letdown in that respect.

fmingo36

Original Poster
What is the minimum age for this by the way??

"Minimum age is 16 (guardian must sign a waiver for ages 16 and 17), the allowable weight for participants is 100-250 pounds, and expectant mothers and persons with special needs may not participate due to safety concerns."

tare

"Minimum age is 16 (guardian must sign a waiver for ages 16 and 17), the allowable weight for participants is 100-250 pounds, and expectant mothers and persons with special needs may not participate due to safety concerns."
Thx for the info!!!

graphite1326

I am thinking of surprising my hubby with this tour when we go down to WDW in Sept.

Thanks!

Can I be your Hubby for just one day?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Disney discontinued the nature Segway tour as of July 3, 2012 at Epcot. I think the world one is still available.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ya, that is what I thought. In the past few weeks the courts sent the case back to the circut court instructing Disney to prove their position that Segways are too dangerous for their parks for disabled guests to use them since the Segway is being used in other major parks, zoo's etc without any more problems then the electric carts they rent.

I wonder as Disney heads back to court if all the rentals of the Segways will slowly disappear. It is hard to claim they are too dangerous for disabled but OK for guests to rent from Disney as entertainment. I wonder how much longer they will be around just because of the court case.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We did the Around the World Tour and it was great. Also agree with others, get the early tour so that EPCOT Showcase is empty when you tour. Really great to see the place without any people in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom