1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

are resorts cheaper direct

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by saddisneyfan1972, Apr 17, 2017.

1. saddisneyfan1972

saddisneyfan1972 New Member

Hi guys began looking for next year and with uk travel agents prices seem to have risen sharply since our visit in november. Por is roughly 5000 dollars for the fortnight and deluxe range from roughly 7000 to a whopping 11000 for our dream destination , The polynesian. This is before any park tickets have been added. Does anyone know if getting flights only and then booking in direct would be much cheaper?

2. Kingoglow

Kingoglow Well-Known Member

I cannot say that I understand the in's and out's of how the UK discount rates are structured so I am no authority, but I think it is worth exploring the option of booking flight and package direct.

IMO, this website is great for planning international flights http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ And booking a package through Disney is usually a painless process. Given your geography though, it might be worth it to call them and talk about UK package discounts.

3. Deno

Deno Member

I don't know what the rules are on this board for mentioning Travel Agents but i'm in the UK and got a 24 night stay at the Poly for an average of just over $2,000 per week from a US based travel agency for August this year. It's the second time i've used them and done it this way and could not even think about paying the prices direct from the WDW UK website.

Oh, and we fly via JFK this year (3 hr stopover) and that was less than £2,500 for 4 of us. Half the price (and more) than flying direct with Virgin

4. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

What you are seeing is no different than what we see in the States. Staying onsite is ridiculously expensive. We are staying offsite for 2 weeks ($1,100) with APs (~$2,650). The same stay for 1-week at Pop ($2,266) and 1-week at AS Sports ($2,584). Those 2-weeks are with 7-day Park Hoppers. It would be ridiculous not to buy APs which would cut the price down by about $500. I am still saving an additional $600 on top of that for a 2BR resort condo with amenities better than anything on Disney property. I also get free MM and parking.

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  5. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

Best bet is for you to run the numbers yourself. Some UK TAs get deals that you can't get on your own, especially if they end up doing a big flight buy. And some US TAs will do group buys on rooms that let them offer rates that are better than elsewhere. But they all depend. Some are going to be certain times of the year, or even just a single week.