Are kids behaving worse now at WDW then in the past?

mmartelli

Original Poster
maggiegrace1 said:
I understand what you are saying but I can not respond any more because no matter what anyone says ..you have a comment about it... So it was a pleasure discussing this with you and I hope we can chat another time in a different situation. I dont want this thread locked because of me.. My name is Dana...Welcome to the site..

Well, I do have a comment for everything...thats why I started this thread. Isn't that the point of posting this stuff, to discuss? How can I discuss if I cant coment on anything? No negative terms here, Hakuna Matata- No worries. Thanks Dana...Dont get discouraged tho, Im sort of a professional argue man...I used to be big in the political scene up at my college in RI.

I enjoy chatting with you all. Thanks for replying to my posts. This has been helpful to me to get your oppinions on such a touchy subject.

mmartelli

Original Poster
While we are on the subject of obnoxious people, I was wondering what all your thoughts are on people who take flash pictures on dark disney rides? As a huge fan of Walt Disney Imagineering I would die for some clear pictures of the dark rides, however I didnt take any because I dont want to ruin the ride for anyone else. So what are Disney fanatics like us supposed to do? We want pics, but we dont want to offend or disturb anyone else....this is quite a problem for me. This happend to me 3 of the 4 times I rode EE. somone tried to snap a pic of the yeti shadow in the first cave. (which won't come out with a flash duh its a projection!!!!) What say you?

Raven66

Ok how about this.........a 9 yr old with a cell phone. My DD's friend lives right across the street. She brings her phone with her. I asked her why and she said in case my dad needs me. I said, we have a phone and you only live across the street. She just looks at me. I absolutely refuse to get my princess a phone. She is 9 not 19. I know I will probably get yelled at here, but I just don't think children should have them.:lookaroun

mmartelli

Original Poster
i didnt get a cell phone till I was 18...and thats only because the cell phone plan is cheaper than my college's phone plan. Whats the point of bringing a cell with u to wdw? You are suposed to forget about reality when you are there. Theres nothing worse that people who chat about meaningless crap while online at wdw...ok maybe that idiot who is giving his friends back home a play by play of waiting in line.

I think they should block cell signals in all Disney attractions. I live in NYC and alot of movie theaters in Manhattan are starting to use devices to block cell signals so people wont chat inside the theaters.

You dont need to discuss buisness either while you are here in WDW...if you are trully important people will wait for you to return from vacation. Face it, you are just a peeon if you have to be manning your cell phone 24-7 in WDW.
If i am important, then I am too important to listen to office drivel while on vacation.

I am the program director of a radio station in Rhode Island, and a busy person, but when Im on vacation, I am cut off from the world. The cell stays in the hotel.

speck76

So...

I went to the MK tonight

I was watching wishes from the left side of the hub....in the middle of the street.

99.4% of the people were seated, yet there were, here and there, people standing. I am not sure why, as the show is no better while standing....the view does not change.....the only difference is that the people behind you will not be able to see the show.....standing is very rude.

Towards the end of the show, a large group of teenagers decided to leave, and walked through the area of seated people (why they could not wait 2 more minutes, I have no idea)....the continued walking until the finale part started, and by this time, they were right in front of me....I asked them to sit down or move in a nice fashion the first time....the second time, it came out more like "move it f*cker" ...with which they got the point and moved.

Yah I noticed that during wishes a few weeks ago people would just walk right in front of you. I was with my girlfriend who's about 5 foot tall give or take a inch and alway asking me to sit somewhere where she can see better and people wont block her view on shows and all. We got a seat right at the corner of the hub as the walkway goes into tomorrow land and sat by a trashcan. At about the tinkerbell part in wishes some (no offense here ) Spanish lady comes and sits on my leg basically and leans back almost into my face while I'm taping and then looks back at me and gives me this look of like she was there first move it and then said something in Spanish to her stupid kids who decided to move right into my path of filming (I'm guessing on purpose). I stood up and gave them a "go burn for eternity" look and kept on filming standing up. But then I got really ticked when right in the middle of Wishes this group of like 100 people decides they have to come across the bridge and head towards main street. GRRR...so my camera went up on top of my head and I let my girlfriend watch the LCD to make sure I got all of wishes. Safe to say I got it all but its parents like that lady and people like the ones that don't listen to the don't move around when the lights are dim that really should be hanged.

As far as spanking goes I was thinking about this Christian comedian named Mark Lowry who was talking about spanking on time and said "He was watching TV one day and some psychologist was on a talk show talking about spanking squelching a child's personality and he(Lowry) goes well I stand here today and tell you if spanking squelches a child's personality then my mama squelched my personality all over the house." I got a kick out of that and I can say the same about my parents and I can say the same will be for my kids someday. They will be squelched. :)

Pongo

In defense of those who stand during Wishes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would prefer not to sit on the ground. I'm one of them.

All the times that I've seen Wishes, the majority of people were standing and those that were sitting didn't seem to have a problem. I didn't specifically ask them about it, but they weren't saying anything or hinting at the fact that we were being a burden.

People have different preferences. I could understand being upset if it was your first and only time seeing the show, but if you get the opportunity to see it many times, I don't think it should be that distressing.

Your happiness does not depend on everyone else.

speck76

Pongo said:
In defense of those who stand during Wishes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would prefer not to sit on the ground. I'm one of them.

All the times that I've seen Wishes, the majority of people were standing and those that were sitting didn't seem to have a problem. I didn't specifically ask them about it, but they weren't saying anything or hinting at the fact that we were being a burden.

People have different preferences. I could understand being upset if it was your first and only time seeing the show, but if you get the opportunity to see it many times, I don't think it should be that distressing.

Your happiness does not depend on everyone else.
it is common courtesy not to stand in the middle of hundreds of seated people.....I can understand not wanting to sit, but find a place to stand that it is more appropriate, and not an inconvenience to others

yeah were I ended up being was right by a fence so it didnt matter if I stood up or not, but if people were behind me I wouldnt have out of being nice and respectful.

Brer Greg

I will agree here..I think that Universal is the worse place. To me the parents do need to have a better control over there children. But I think a bigger problem are the teenagers...They drive to the parks with there friends and they think they own the place. Not all teenagers are bad but it sure seems like there are alot more now then there use to be. I expect the behavior at Universal but not at Disney...kids and teenagers need to respect the mouse period

nibblesandbits

speck76 said:
it is common courtesy not to stand in the middle of hundreds of seated people.....I can understand not wanting to sit, but find a place to stand that it is more appropriate, and not an inconvenience to others
I totally agree. And it's not just like that at WDW. Try going to a concert!

I'm a short person, 5 foot 1, and if a person stands up in front of me who's taller (because heaven's knows it would be a horible thing to actually SIT through a concert), I can't see anything. I have to either crane my neck to try to see in between the two taller people standing in front of me (who are more than likely constantly moving) or just listen to the concert (which why would you pay to go to a concert just to listen to it when you could do that for free at home on the radio?) God that just irks me!

maelstrom

nibblesandbits said:
I totally agree. And it's not just like that at WDW. Try going to a concert!

I'm a short person, 5 foot 1, and if a person stands up in front of me who's taller (because heaven's knows it would be a horible thing to actually SIT through a concert), I can't see anything. I have to either crane my neck to try to see in between the two taller people standing in front of me (who are more than likely constantly moving) or just listen to the concert (which why would you pay to go to a concert just to listen to it when you could do that for free at home on the radio?) God that just irks me!

I hate that!! I'm shorter than you, and it's like I'm invisible. People stand directly in front of me. Now I just go off onto the side because then I can actually see. I went to a Buckethead concert a few months ago and I was right up by the stage, but by the time he started playing, so many tall people had weaseled their way in front of me, I couldn't see a thing. I actually just started crying because I was so upset with everything.

nibblesandbits

maelstrom said:
I hate that!! I'm shorter than you, and it's like I'm invisible. People stand directly in front of me. Now I just go off onto the side because then I can actually see. I went to a Buckethead concert a few months ago and I was right up by the stage, but by the time he started playing, so many tall people had weaseled their way in front of me, I couldn't see a thing. I actually just started crying because I was so upset with everything.

I know! (And I can't believe there's someone shorter than me out there! :lol: ) It's the absolute worst and it really is like we are invisable! I went to a Kenny Chesney concert a few years ago at this outdoor concert arena that we have in my hometown and my friends and I were in the very last row of seats before the grass seats started. All the sudden, as soon as the concert started, everybody stood up and I pretty much missed the entire concert. I was so upset.

That's why now...I always try to get the aisle seats, but most of the time, it doesn't work

Belle_Fan778

I mean there are always exceptions I have seen some perfectly lovely children at the park but I see where everybody is coming from...I'm only 21 but yeah while I'm sure when I was younger I had my abnoxious moments I think its worse now in general and being in Disney World is not helping kids are loaded with sugar and rides and excitement and well lets face it FL is hot which combinded can create well tantrum-o-rama...BUT I would LOVE Adult Hours like late late in the evening how awsome!

ssidiouss@mac.c

Belle_Fan778 said:
I mean there are always exceptions I have seen some perfectly lovely children at the park but I see where everybody is coming from...I'm only 21 but yeah while I'm sure when I was younger I had my abnoxious moments I think its worse now in general and being in Disney World is not helping kids are loaded with sugar and rides and excitement and well lets face it FL is hot which combinded can create well tantrum-o-rama...BUT I would LOVE Adult Hours like late late in the evening how awsome!
Adult Hours worduP!

MommytoMJM

maelstrom said:

Try being in a wheelchair...talk about being short! Sigh...

browniebee

I think kids are worse today in general. As a dance teacher/assistant, I've heard kids talk and seen them behave (or rather misbehave) in ways I would have never imagined doing ten years ago. Some kids on TV shows have bad attitudes and kids in real life see that. Also, parents have become inferior to their children and many (not all) are complete pushovers. In Disney, kids expect instant gratification, and don't have the patience to behave well. Since parents don't do anything about it, kids run wild and I've seen some awful kids in Disney.

talkinghands

mmartelli said:
i didnt get a cell phone till I was 18...and thats only because the cell phone plan is cheaper than my college's phone plan. Whats the point of bringing a cell with u to wdw? You are suposed to forget about reality when you are there. Theres nothing worse that people who chat about meaningless crap while online at wdw...ok maybe that idiot who is giving his friends back home a play by play of waiting in line.

I think they should block cell signals in all Disney attractions. I live in NYC and alot of movie theaters in Manhattan are starting to use devices to block cell signals so people wont chat inside the theaters.

You dont need to discuss buisness either while you are here in WDW...if you are trully important people will wait for you to return from vacation. Face it, you are just a peeon if you have to be manning your cell phone 24-7 in WDW.
If i am important, then I am too important to listen to office drivel while on vacation.

I am the program director of a radio station in Rhode Island, and a busy person, but when Im on vacation, I am cut off from the world. The cell stays in the hotel.
Some people use their cell phones on vacation to keep in touch with other family members when they split up. This is what we do. I do carry my cell phone with me in the parks, keep it on vibrate and use text messaging to contact my husband when we separate. He is a bit of a wander and if I didn't have the ability to text him I would lose him. Also he doesn't always want to do the same things I do, so we will separate and then get together after we do our own thing.
I also get text messages from people in our deaf minsitry asking for me to make phone calls for them which I do even when on vacation. I do wait to do these calls when I am not in line and can go to a quiet place where people will not overhear my conversation to make these calls.

Senderella

mmartelli said:

We take ours with us into the parks. If dh & I get seperated, it's easier to just call to meet back up. We only carry the walkie talkies if there's more than the 2 of us. We mainly stick them in our backpacks and check to see if there are any missed calls sporadically through out the day. We both have elderly parents/grandmother and want to stay connected in case something happens. We also leave our dogs & cats here at home with one of our best friends and if something happens, we want to be notified.

On the kid front, kids should NOT have cells imo. I didn't get my first cell until I was 27. It's unnecessary. If a kid is in sports or other activities, do what kids did before them... USE A PAYPHONE!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom