Are and WDW parks doing anything for the release of 'Planes''?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When I was in Disneyland in June I was really surprised they didn't have any merchandise out for the film yet. Not that I really wanted to buy any but I was expecting to see some.

tl77

I was in Target last night and the had a huge display with the main Plane character and spinning propellers, and they selling all kinds of "Planes" stuff, if Disney doesn't have anything try them the cardboard display was actually pretty impressive

Cmdr_Crimson

just went to Studios Central where they just had an update...

Banners replace the MU banners in the Animation Courtyard
up23_3.updategallery.JPG

And just like I said Before...Moichendsing Moichendsing
up29_1.updategallery.JPG

up30_1.updategallery.JPG

Expect to see all of this a month and a half later at the Disney Character outlets..
smiley-laughing024.gif

tonganprince

How bad is this movie going to be if Pixar wanted nothing to do with it?

That being said, I am sure they will market the hell out of it to try to make a profit.

Minthorne

Original Poster
just went to Studios Central where they just had an update...

Banners replace the MU banners in the Animation Courtyard
up23_3.updategallery.JPG

And just like I said Before...Moichendsing Moichendsing
up29_1.updategallery.JPG

up30_1.updategallery.JPG

Expect to see all of this a month and a half later at the Disney Character outlets..
smiley-laughing024.gif

Thanks for the photos and the update :) I am definitely suggesting they WAIT to buy and merchandise!!

disn3ydude

Does anyone even see this movie being a success? I want to say that kids will love it, but it will be another flop for Disney Animation.

FettFan

Does anyone even see this movie being a success? I want to say that kids will love it, but it will be another flop for Disney Animation.

I hope not, especially since it's a bit of a shout out to John Lasseter's father, who was stationed aboard the Saratoga during WWII.
In “Planes,” the veteran Skipper opens up to Dusty for the first time about his past, and the scene involves a flashback to a brutal WWII battle. Director Klay Hall, also the son of a Navy veteran, said Skipper was very much modeled on his own reserved father, who like the elder Lasseter, didn’t talk much about the war.

“A lot of people were questioning that scene, about how strong it was,” Lasseter said. “But it’s the way it was. My dad, when he finally opened up, he talked to me about truly how scared he was at times. At the end of the war, they were being bombed by suicide bombers. They would come out of the sky, coming straight down from the sun where they couldn’t see them.”

Planes_skipper_rollout_final.jpg

If done correctly, this has the potential to be great. However, it's a huge challenge, especially for a movie that is already being looked down upon because it's a spinoff.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How bad is this movie going to be if Pixar wanted nothing to do with it?

That being said, I am sure they will market the hell out of it to try to make a profit.

If this movie does do badly I think Pixar is going to have to do a lot of damage control. Even though Pixar had nothing to do with it, I think that average movie goer will still connect it to Cars and this Pixar.

acishere

If this movie does do badly I think Pixar is going to have to do a lot of damage control. Even though Pixar had nothing to do with it, I think that average movie goer will still connect it to Cars and this Pixar.
The August competition is weak enough for 'the tricking the average family into thinking its a Pixar film' plan to work. That and the bad word of mouth Smurfs 2 will get will pull it ahead of the family fare. The rest of the competition will be R-rated so it depends on which audience is more compelled to go to the movies that weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom