April with kids and grandparents! Help

cwillia3

My wife and I are taking our kids (5 and 3) and both sets of grandparents for 7 days at the end of April. We are staying at AoA and have DDP. The current plan is 2 days at MK, 1 each at EP,HS,AK and a free day in the middle of the stay for pools.

We have dining reservations at:
Via Napoli , Cinderella, Be our Guest, Ohana, Chef Mickey, Mama Melrose(package w\night entertainment).

Fastpasses:
Epct: frozen, turtle, nemo
MK:peter Pan, Thunder, Splash
AK: Safari, Rapids, Lion King
MK: Buzz, Speedway, 7 dwarfs
HS: Toy Story, Frozen, Little Mermaid

Please review and give any suggestions to itinary or anything else regarding our trip.

TDGMedley

It all looks good to me. my kids will be about that age when we go back in feb 2018. and we are also bring one set of grandparents and my sister this trip. But did both grandparents in December 2015. Just know its hard to keep everyone happy. Just enjoy yourself and the kids. Do what you want to do and they can fallow.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Your plans look good but regarding AK rapids.... you may get wet. Bring spare clothes for the kids just in case. Wearing ponchos can help avoid the worst of the water but if you get caught in the right seat and are in the right spot you can get pretty drenched.
The first time we went w/ DS he missed out on a lot of things due to being under the height requirements. Regarding your plans, I believe Splash & BTMRR both have height restrictions for kids of 40", Rapids & 7DMT 38"

Upvote 0

wdwfamilynh

It all looks good to me. my kids will be about that age when we go back in feb 2018. and we are also bring one set of grandparents and my sister this trip. But did both grandparents in December 2015. Just know its hard to keep everyone happy. Just enjoy yourself and the kids. Do what you want to do and they can fallow.
I agree 150%. Spent 10 days with our 2-year old AND both sets of grandparents and the challenge was not worrying about everyone else. Doing it again later this year...just add 2 years to everyone's age. The best thing I can do to enjoy this trip and keep stress in check (you'll want to do the same) is just follow #TGDMedley's advice...just enjoy yourself and the kid(s).

I suggest two half-days off rather than one full day. One full day off gets boring by lunch time.
Great idea! We are planning a full day off during our stay b/c every WDW trip is nonstop go, Go, GO but we can see where half-days off would keep the boredom in check.

Do any of the grandparents require ECV or wheelchair? That can make a difference in planning. Also, you might find that the grandparents will not want to be in the parks as long, if they are up in years. At least that was our experience last year with my parents (both in mid-70's).
One set of grandparents that we will be traveling with has had a number of mobility issues of late and we will be renting an EVC to plan for the same on this upcoming trip. Come to realize it's better to plan for this than have to deal with it mid-trip. If the grandparents want to have shortened park days, it would be a great way to have some alone time with the kids...or send the kids back to the resort for a nap with the grandparents and have some just-the-2-of-you time ;)

Would love to hear how the trip goes...we may be able to learn a few new things from you that we can use later this year :)

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

I'm glad that you have a day of rest planned in your itinerary. We used to tackle WDW by going all day, every day. Once we built in a day of downtime, it really made a difference. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom