Trip Report April is a Beautiful Time for a Disney Trip

Hello all! It's been a while since I've been able to share a trip with you and as you follow along this report you will quickly see why :)

We had friends from Germany going to WDW, a few other friends from all over, AND our family all also at Disney during our week-long trip. Since I go so often, we basically let everyone else plan the agenda aside from my husband wanting to try Tron and I wanted to see Happily Ever After now that it was back.

What: A Walt Disney World Vacation
Who: Maci (me) and my husband Jimmy - with lots of meetups along the way
Where: Grand Floridian Villas & an offsite rental
When: April 2023
Why: because there's never enough Disney, Tron and a photoshoot

If you saw some of my earlier trip reports, I was a Disney bride in 2021, and you know that old nursery rhyme...

First comes love,
then comes marriage
then comes baby in the baby carriage!

1690586750925.png

...okay not quite into the baby carriage yet :)

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We haven’t been to Be Our Guest since they switched over to Prix Fixe, and it looks like we’re not missing out. What a bummer. Their QS breakfast and lunch used to be sooo good.
Couldn't agree more, it was great as a quick service option!

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 3 Part 5 - An Evening in Magic Kingdom

After dinner we headed back into the park to hit some Magic Kingdom classics. We met up with another one of my friends, this time from high school but she relocated to Orlando last year, and headed over to the Haunted Mansion. Always a great ride of course and I like it even more in the evening, even though it's exactly the same inside!

1693869783132.png

1693869795753.png

1693869808288.png

1693869828981.png

Then it was decision time... for good fireworks spots we really had to head towards the Hub but it was also just about to be our boarding group for Tron finally. So our wonderful friends said they'd go try to hold a spot for us while we bee-lined over to Tron for Jimmy. Happily Ever After was my must-do this trip now that it was back, but I know Tron was important to him.

1693869863161.png

It was so cool to see this area at night, it's definitely pretty but also there's not much else over there besides the ride, bathrooms and a water bottle refill section.

1693869878294.png

1693869887659.png

I went through the queue with Jimmy as usual and then headed out past the lockers to wait for him. It took what felt like a while for him to come out, but I was able to catch a view of him eventually and saw that he was in the front row! I'm glad he got that perfect spot for his first ride and that it was at night
🙂

1693869906834.png
1693869936386.png
I tried to steady my phone on the railing, but I'm pretty sure he's that pink blob in the blur ;)

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 3 Part 6 - Happily Ever After

After the ride we refilled our water bottles and headed back towards the Hub, only our friends were on the Adventureland side, and of course it was absolutely nuts tonight so we couldn't get across over to them
🙁
It was about 20 mins to fireworks time maybe? We kept looking for a spot but it was a madhouse and there was no space anywhere. Eventually some Cast Members made a little magic for us and let us scoot in the back of the accessible area so that I could have a little space around the bump, I was honestly worried about getting smashed - that's how nuts it was that night.

1693949983112.png

1693949991233.png
1693950094327.png

We had a wonderful view and more importantly I didn't worry about getting elbowed in the bump. I might have cried, I just love Happily Ever After and the kindness of the cast members and just having such great friends - I was a mess of an emotions, but it was so good. I tried to not take too many photos and just soaked it all in. The Cast Members even told me to be careful exiting since people get crazy shoving out at night, and I told them not to worry we were going to wait a bit!

Since it was so crazy, even though we were tired, we trekked over to Tomorrowland to wait out the crowds. We got a ride on the Peoplemover and Buzz and it was such a great night. We hit the Confectionary on the way out and I got some snacks. They have M&Ms in everything now, but thankfully I like M&Ms
🙂

1693950008515.png

1693950061819.png

We headed back to the hotel, had our sweet treat and went to sleeps!

1693950071190.png

12in12

Day 3 Part 6 - Happily Ever After

After the ride we refilled our water bottles and headed back towards the Hub, only our friends were on the Adventureland side, and of course it was absolutely nuts tonight so we couldn't get across over to them
🙁
It was about 20 mins to fireworks time maybe? We kept looking for a spot but it was a madhouse and there was no space anywhere. Eventually some Cast Members made a little magic for us and let us scoot in the back of the accessible area so that I could have a little space around the bump, I was honestly worried about getting smashed - that's how nuts it was that night.

We had a wonderful view and more importantly I didn't worry about getting elbowed in the bump. I might have cried, I just love Happily Ever After and the kindness of the cast members and just having such great friends - I was a mess of an emotions, but it was so good. I tried to not take too many photos and just soaked it all in. The Cast Members even told me to be careful exiting since people get crazy shoving out at night, and I told them not to worry we were going to wait a bit!

Since it was so crazy, even though we were tired, we trekked over to Tomorrowland to wait out the crowds. We got a ride on the Peoplemover and Buzz and it was such a great night. We hit the Confectionary on the way out and I got some snacks. They have M&Ms in everything now, but thankfully I like M&Ms
🙂

We headed back to the hotel, had our sweet treat and went to sleeps!

Those cookies look delicious. I'm glad you got a bit of extra space to watch HEA.

kimberlymautz

Your maternity photos are BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your little babe. :)

I'm also so sad that they haven't brought back breakfast at BoG. We loved it when we went and it's the one thing my daughter asked for when I told her we were planning our next trip.

I'm glad Jimmy finally got to ride Tron! It looks amazing!

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Your maternity photos are BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your little babe. :)

I'm also so sad that they haven't brought back breakfast at BoG. We loved it when we went and it's the one thing my daughter asked for when I told her we were planning our next trip.

I'm glad Jimmy finally got to ride Tron! It looks amazing!
Thank you! :)

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 Part 1 - I love that there's always something new-to-me at Disney!
We were struggling this morning after staying out late for fireworks, but they were worth it! We got to Hollywood Studios around 11am and had time before our 1:30pm lunch ADR. Jimmy was sleepy so our first stop was Starbucks. The line wasn't terrible but it moved a bit slow. Jimmy got his coffee fix and some breakfast sandwiches and we headed over to Tower of Terror.

1694107171035.png
I found a spot to sit and people watch with Manuel while Sabine and Jimmy went to go ride. I ended up getting another snack because my favorite 50th anniversary treat was rethemed to Fantasmic. It's a peanut butter cookie with jelly and chocolate ganache. It sounds weird but it's so good!
1694107189111.png
After Tower of Terror we headed over to Lightening McQueen's Racing Academy which none of us had done before. It was cute and I'm glad we did it, but definitely not something I need to do every visit.

1694107213560.png
1694107226534.png
We were headed to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway next. We ran into Edna Mode on the way and she's so fun.

1694107251248.png

While they say MMRR is pregnancy safe, it was definitely a little more exciting than some of the others!
1694107361391.png
We headed into Toy Story Land next and still had some time before lunch so they went off to ride Slinky Dog Dash but there was a mix up with which ride they had a return time for. I had gone over to do Alien Swirling Saucers which is so cute and I just love it.

1694107374697.png

1694107390733.png
1694107406495.png
1694107420570.png

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 Part 2 - Roundin' Up Some Grub
First, I am so thankful to my friend for making all of our dining reservations for this trip and securing this one that I was so looking forward to. We reconvened and headed over to Roundup Rodeo BBQ to check it out. It was still pretty new at this point but I had heard good things so far and liked the sound of the menu.

We checked in and were seated a few minutes later. Our server explained how everything worked and took our drink order. I had a frozen lemonade ice tea thing and Jimmy just had a Jack and Coke I think it was. Could have been Captain. I've gotta start writing these things down.

1694209343794.png

1694209365570.png

1694209686975.png

For a restaurant that has a set menu that they bring you (you get to pick sides and dessert, but still) it was incredible how long this meal took. I think we were here for about 3 hours.
The salads were forgettable. The watermelon one was good, but it was basically just watermelon. The rolls were great though.

1694209389256.png

The Prospector’s Homemade Cheddar Biscuits with Sweet Pepper Jelly
1694209438292.png

Rootin’ Tootin Tomato Salad
Cucumbers, Pickled Red Onion, White Balsamic Vinaigrette (Plant-based)

1694209465234.png

Wheezy’s Watermelon Salad
Fresh-torn Mint (Plant-based)

1694209481056.png

Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad
Apples, Dried Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Green Goddess Dressing

When the meat came it was plentiful, but I also asked to try the plant based trio because I had heard it was delicious. Everything was really tasty, the plant-based "ribs" were delightful and everyone enjoyed the meats. The corn on the cob was delicious as a side too.

1694209558936.png

House-Smoked Items
Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs | Buttercup's Beef Brisket | There’s a Sausage in my Boot - Fire-grilled Pork Sausage | BBQ Chicken - with Style!

1694209584338.png

Trixie's Plant-based Trio
Combat Carloflower with Harissa Drizzle and Walnut Gremolata | Scrumptious Bratwurst | Rip Roarin’ Rib Chop

While I appreciate that we weren't rushed through our meal, we had gotten more meat, eaten it, and then still sat there with our dirty plates at the table for what felt like forever. This is where lunch really stretched out.
The desserts were adorable but you just order one each. However, I got two because baby wanted a Forky cupcake to try
😉
We finally wrapped up and the boys were handed giant pencils to sign the checks! Such a cute detail!

1694209719143.png

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 Part 3 - Enjoying Hollywood Studios

After lunch, we split up again because I couldn't ride Slinky Dog Dash and that's where the group headed. However, Toy Story Mania had just reopened from being down, so I was able to go on with no wait at all! With those two rides done, we had done just about all there is to do in Toy Story Land and headed off to Batuu.

1694209802591.png
1694209822095.png

1694209834640.png

We had a reservation for Oga's Cantina, I just love it in here, it's so fun and well done! They also have very good non-alcoholic bevvies here, in addition to great adult bevvies! However, I wouldn't recommend the food here. My friends live in Germany and I have done lots together in the past with them, but this trip was really Jimmy's first time to spend with them and I'm just so glad everyone hit it off so well because things like this are just so fun to share with friends
🙂

1694209860399.png

1694209928455.png
After Oga's, we headed out into Batuu to do some bounty hunting. We really enjoy this but you do need the MagicBand+ to participate. Every time we play people ask "what's this?" or try to work it with their MagicBand and ask "why isn't this working?" which is a bummer. Everyone wanted to ride Rise of the Resistance but I do believe it was down most of the day
🙁

1694210001635.png
1694210009619.png
1694210019022.png

After we had our fill it was time to head out of the park.

1694210035463.png
1694210047016.png

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 Part 4 - A break with a view
As exhausted as we were, we wanted to get over to Epcot for a few more Flower and Garden booths and catch Epcot Forever (but we will forever miss Harmonious since that was a part of our wedding!) We saw the boat pulling away as we exited the park and no boat heading our way in sight, so we decided to hop on the Skyliner for a breezy ride instead.
1694401303770.png
1694401325175.png

1694401341417.png

Since this route took us past Riviera Resort, we decided to hop off for a break and headed up to the bar at Topolino's Terrace.

1694401369633.png

The bartenders are so good here and the drinks are wonderful. The zero-proof cocktails were also wonderful and we decided to grab an app while we were here because we are enjoying this little break. We went with the fresh ricotta and it was so so tasty. Would definitely get this again.
1694401407427.png
1694401432076.png
1694401476490.png
1694401492927.png
After we had our fill we went out to the terrace to take in the views and it was a gorgeous night in Florida, but our night wasn't over yet...

1694401462576.png

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 Part 5 - Epcot Evening!
Eventually we made our way back over to Epcot and essentially just were looking for a spot to watch the fireworks but also got a few snacks along the way. It was another crowded night in the parks but a beautiful evening.

1694402669842.png

Magnolia terrace - Spicy Chicken Gumbo with Andouille sausage and BEN’S ORIGINAL Long Grain & Wild Rice (we think)
1694402718621.png

We slowly strolled from International Gateway further into World Showcase. We started finding snacks as we just strolled and enjoyed the night. I don’t recall being overly impressed with the items we had picked this evening but we also ate all that ricotta earlier. However, I always love the watermelon salad they have at Flower and Garden, it’s typically a must-get for me!
1694402745822.png

1694402760406.png

Jardin de Fiestas - Taco Vampiro: Barbacoa Beef in a Corn Tortilla with crispy grilled monterey jack cheese, salsa ranchera, and esquites
1694402779105.png

Jardin de Fiestas - Quesadilla de Flor de Calabaza: House-made masa tortillas with squash blossoms, bacon, onion, zucchini, and cheese

We decided to just keep walking around and eventually made it all the way to the middle area back toward World Celebration and watched Epcot Forever from here for a quicker exit back to the hotel. Our view ended up being pretty good and I’d watch from here again if not the Italy area.

1694402809272.png

Florida Fresh - Florida Strawberry Shortcake
1694402851397.png

Florida Fresh - Watermelon Salad with Blueberries, Pickled Red Onions, Balsamic and Feta
1694402887872.png

1694402901983.png

The show was fine and enjoyable, but we will miss Harmonious and don’t feel like this measures up at all. I still enjoy watching fireworks with my love. Here’s hoping the new show they just announced will be spectacular. In the meantime, we have Spaceship Earth all lit up which is still my favorite beacon of light they did!

1694402971463.png

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 5 Part 1 - Earth Day
Today we were checking out of the Grand Floridian so we had a slower start to the morning. We had bell services hold our luggage and headed over to Animal Kingdom as it was the parks 25th anniversary and Earth Day! I couldn’t do many rides anyway so I thought it would be fun to be there for the special event.

1694556491264.png
1694556641697.png
1694556657491.png

We got some great photos with the tree of life and I finally finished collecting all of the 50th statues as somehow we never made it to Animal Kingdom after getting the MagicBand+ until now.

1694556519906.png

It was around 11 or so when we made it over to the park and the wait was already 3 hours for Moana’s next appearance so we decided that wasn’t worth it even though I love her. We headed over to lunch at Satuli Canteen instead.

1694556539098.png
1694556549094.png

The food is so good here, really one of our favorite quick services in the park. The bowls are customizable, fresh and plentiful and the desserts are beautiful!

1694556564905.png
1694556575999.png

Steamed Cheeseburger Pod stuffed with Ground Beef, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, and Cheddar Cheese served with Vegetable Chips
1694556600497.png

Combo beef and chicken bowl
1694556628861.png

Metkayina Mousse - Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Raspberry Gelée, Mango Coulis, Boba Pearls, and a Milk and White Chocolate Garnish

Minnie1986

Hello all! It's been a while since I've been able to share a trip with you and as you follow along this report you will quickly see why :)

We had friends from Germany going to WDW, a few other friends from all over, AND our family all also at Disney during our week-long trip. Since I go so often, we basically let everyone else plan the agenda aside from my husband wanting to try Tron and I wanted to see Happily Ever After now that it was back.

What: A Walt Disney World Vacation
Who: Maci (me) and my husband Jimmy - with lots of meetups along the way
Where: Grand Floridian Villas & an offsite rental
When: April 2023
Why: because there's never enough Disney, Tron and a photoshoot

If you saw some of my earlier trip reports, I was a Disney bride in 2021, and you know that old nursery rhyme...

First comes love,
then comes marriage
then comes baby in the baby carriage!

View attachment 733813

...okay not quite into the baby carriage yet :)
congratulations!!!

MagicalMaci

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom