April 2015 Visit to WDW - Advice, Tips PLS anyone

LeeHarman

Hi all,

We had no option but to book our holiday to WDW for the first 2 weeks in April 15!

I know this is one of the busiest times to visit the World but it was then or not at all! (So it was never going to be not at all! haha)

Is there any advise or trips or tricks to utilising our time best around the parks etc at this busy time?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers

A UK Disney Fan

tor29c

We were there the week before Easter this year and honestly there wasn't much of a crowd until Good Friday. We never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride and there were a few times when we were the only people on the transportation (buses and ferrys). Be sure to make ADRs because we saw many people turned away becuase they did not have reservations. The weather should be excellent. Have fun planning!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Make your ADRs and FPs as soon as you are allowed, and follow a good touring plan that makes use of rope drop arrivals, and to the extent it's convenient for you, morning or evening EMH (but not both, or you'll be too exhausted to enjoy yourself)! I also recommend a 3-4 hour break between lunchtime and midafternoon, so you can take a swim or a nap, or just relax and escape from the madness that is peak daily crowds and peak daily temperatures.

My family used to be constrained to visiting during Easter break, and by using a good touring plan, we were still able to do everything we wanted and have a great time without super-crazy waits. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Roakor

I went there once the first week of April, it was the local schools spring break. the parks were packed MK had capacity crowds, but most were locals. We found that by late evening most crowds went away and during EMH they were really low. Also the day we went to animal kingdom it was a bit chilly. Started the day in the low 50's. the place was empty till about noon, when it warmed up. The locals don't like cold weather. MK was by far the most crowded. The other three were not too bad. And all the spring flower festival plantings were great :).

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Like everyone else said, plan. Make sure to make both ADRs & FP+ selection when windows open up, take advantage of EMHs, take mid-afternoon breaks and that lines at more popular rides may be shorter if you go when everyone else is eating dinner. And the weather in April will be nice and sometimes cooler than normal, so bring a light jacket. We always go the end of April - when Spring break is over and after Easter, unless Easter is late.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom