Apps only?

jodyruble

Original Poster
I am traveling on an extreme budget, but would like to enjoy the atmosphere of the Disney restaurants. Does Disney require that you order a main course or would it be okay for our entire party to order an appetizer each?

LuLaSue

I don't really know if there is a "rule"....

I don't see anything wrong with just ordering an appetizer.

plaz10

Nope. As long as you're buying something - I say "who cares?"

I'm thinking of stopping in San Angel Inn just to grab a drink or something and enjoy the atmosphere without having to eat yucky mexican food (thats not a stab at San Angel Inn - I just don't like any mexican food...so its all yucky to me)

Lucky

There's no rule, and the servers generally don't seem to mind. Of course I wouldn't take up a table for 2 hours if I were just there for appetizers or dessert.

real mad hatter

What!

Nope. As long as you're buying something - I say "who cares?"

I'm thinking of stopping in San Angel Inn just to grab a drink or something and enjoy the atmosphere without having to eat yucky mexican food (thats not a stab at San Angel Inn - I just don't like any mexican food...so its all yucky to me)

Mexican food yucky,you ain't been to a authentic Mexican restaurant.We were in a restaurant in Tijuana in 2001 where they didn't have a menu.You asked the waiter what was cooking today and momma came out from the kitchen and explained what was today's specials.It blew me away,never have I tasted so many dishes and flavours that my taste buds were in overdrive.Trust me,there's more to Mexican cusine than chilli con carne and tacos.:slurp:

plaz10

Mexican food yucky,you ain't been to a authentic Mexican restaurant.We were in a restaurant in Tijuana in 2001 where they didn't have a menu.You asked the waiter what was cooking today and momma came out from the kitchen and explained what was today's specials.It blew me away,never have I tasted so many dishes and flavours that my taste buds were in overdrive.Trust me,there's more to Mexican cusine than chilli con carne and tacos.:slurp:

I like nachos...does that count? :ROFLOL:

UPbeekeeper

I'm thinking of stopping in San Angel Inn just to grab a drink or something and enjoy the atmosphere

Hey...that's a really good idea! Whenever I go to the Mexico pavilion, I see the folks sitting at the tables and think it looks like such a nice atmosphere and I'd enjoy eating there. Problem is, I'm not a big fan of Mexican food, so I never chanced it.

Stopping in for a drink and appetizer sounds great! Thanks for such a good idea. :wave:

DisneyDebNJ

I am sure, there isn't a restaurant in all of Disney that would frown upon any table ordering just Apps, as long as the tip was fairly decent and the party didn't sit for hours. The only thing I would keep in mind, is these are mostly college kids, who work for less than minimum wage, and depend on tips.

Pioneer Hall

A couple of recommendations if you choose to only go somewhere for jut drips and appetizers. Try to dine at off peak times like late lunch/early dinner or later at night. If you can't do that then I suggest leaving a bit more in the tip to make up for the lost revenue to your server since they a relying on people to come in and eat full meals.

real mad hatter

Try This.

Hey...that's a really good idea! Whenever I go to the Mexico pavilion, I see the folks sitting at the tables and think it looks like such a nice atmosphere and I'd enjoy eating there. Problem is, I'm not a big fan of Mexican food, so I never chanced it.

Stopping in for a drink and appetizer sounds great! Thanks for such a good idea. :wave:

Ok,here's a starter.order a margarita with tortillas and cheese dip.:slurp:

DH and I will be travelling to The World in exactly 2 weeks!!! We plan to go to a few restaurants and just sit at the bar and order some apps and drinks. I love apps and a lot of times prefer them over an actual meal! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom