AP Refund Report

Tamandua

Original Poster
My refund showed up last night. Still no word on a refund for my wife and daughter's passes we got the same day.

All in all I paid about $19 per visit last year, parking included. I guess I came out ahead.

Ismael Flores

I received a refund several months back for the April payment which was deducted from my acount for multiple passes three days before they did the stop payment thing.

So the question in my mind still unsolved is -- When will i get the refund for the last two weeks of March? -- Disney is very specific of how they prorate their things and charge when needed but no sound or answer as to what happens with the last two weeks of march. The park closed, if i remember correctly, on March 13 so i still had 18 days left to visit within the month of March. for my pass alone i am owed close to $50 now take not account that i was paying for two passes. those $100 could come in handy for anything.

Anyone in the same boat? should i hassle them about it?

Tamandua

Original Poster
I received a refund several months back for the April payment which was deducted from my acount for multiple passes three days before they did the stop payment thing.

So the question in my mind still unsolved is -- When will i get the refund for the last two weeks of March? -- Disney is very specific of how they prorate their things and charge when needed but no sound or answer as to what happens with the last two weeks of march. The park closed, if i remember correctly, on March 13 so i still had 18 days left to visit within the month of March. for my pass alone i am owed close to $50 now take not account that i was paying for two passes. those $100 could come in handy for anything.

Anyone in the same boat? should i hassle them about it?
My wife and daughter had passes on the monthly payment plan (until we paid them in full after a month or so) and we haven't gotten refunds for their passes yet. I talked to someone on the phone last week and they said they thought passes on the payment plan would be mailed checks. I'm guessing they're doing those last. They were supposed to transfer me to the payment plan people to talk about it, but the dial tone just came on instead. Disney seems to be really disorganized right now.

SuddenStorm

My wife and daughter had passes on the monthly payment plan (until we paid them in full after a month or so) and we haven't gotten refunds for their passes yet. I talked to someone on the phone last week and they said they thought passes on the payment plan would be mailed checks. I'm guessing they're doing those last. They were supposed to transfer me to the payment plan people to talk about it, but the dial tone just came on instead. Disney seems to be really disorganized right now.

In 65 years Disneyland had never had to come up with a system to refund a million people... I have no doubt it's been a hectic year for the folks in charge of the AP program.

Tamandua

Original Poster
In 65 years Disneyland had never had to come up with a system to refund a million people... I have no doubt it's been a hectic year for the folks in charge of the AP program.
I think it underscores just how much better of a deal the new passes will be for them if they're willing to go through so much pain to get rid of the old system. Whatever the new system is, it's going to be much worse for guests.

MK-fan

I am in that same boat, if you are month to month and Disney charged you for the full month then they should reimburse the remaining days after March 13. Not to mention maybe even a small portion of the large down payment in the beginning.

CaptinEO

They had a plan to charge people monthly. They also had since March to prepare for this.

I paid in full, no refund yet.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If you guys want to talk about nickel and diming, I bought my Flex Pass in Sept. '19. I didn't take my first trip until November which is when my 1 year was "activated", but they still took the down payment and the Sept. through Nov. monthly payments. I continued to pay up until the parks closed in March (the last payment was March 12th).

When I bought the pass it was still $599. I put down $154 and then paid 7 payments at $37.09 for a total of $413.63 (69% of the total cost).

My pass was only "active" for 4 months before Disneyland shut down. If you prorate the value, $599 divided by 12 times 4 is $199.67. So technically Disney owes me $213.96.

Will I ever see that money again? Probably not. Maybe if I called and made a stink I would. Maybe. My pass expired Nov. 2020 and I chose not to extend it and restart payments after the parks reopened which at this point would have been moot anyway.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They had a plan to charge people monthly. They also had since March to prepare for this.

I paid in full, no refund yet.
It's not really a matter of preparation time. It's a matter of how many refunds can go out a day based on system capability, bandwidth, and the number of transactions the bank will allow to happen in one day.

When customers are paying Disney the transactions are happening from the various customer's banks and accounts. Going the other way from Disney to customers is funneling out through one bank and one account. They can't shoot money out to a million bank accounts in one day. It's going to take weeks for everyone to get their money back. It's the luck of where you are at in the queue.

MK-fan

Realistically, anyone who’s on a month to month should get a refund on the down payment paid in the beginning, a portion divided among the 12 months.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If you guys want to talk about nickel and diming, I bought my Flex Pass in Sept. '19. I didn't take my first trip until November which is when my 1 year was "activated", but they still took the down payment and the Sept. through Nov. monthly payments. I continued to pay up until the parks closed in March (the last payment was March 12th).

When I bought the pass it was still $599. I put down $154 and then paid 7 payments at $37.09 for a total of $413.63 (69% of the total cost).

My pass was only "active" for 4 months before Disneyland shut down. If you prorate the value, $599 divided by 12 times 4 is $199.67. So technically Disney owes me $213.96.

Will I ever see that money again? Probably not. Maybe if I called and made a stink I would. Maybe. My pass expired Nov. 2020 and I chose not to extend it and restart payments after the parks reopened which at this point would have been moot anyway.
Holy crap! Disney just refunded me AP money. I calculated above that they owed me $213.96 and I ended up getting $251.04. I honestly didn't think I'd see this money, but all I have to say is...

1612918911985.png

And I didn't have to call and make a stink.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Has anyone gotten a refund on passes on monthly payments?
i got mine in June for the month of April that was charge a few days before they stopped charging. Nothing on the remaining days of March that were not used. I would probably not care about those days of march that i was able to use my pass and charge for but they corporations have no problem charging on time and penalizing when you are late, also it is more than one pass so every dollar adds up, i can renew my Knotts pass with that and still have money for dinner

Travel Junkie

I received my refund today. I had paid in full for a Signature with Max Pass.

I was going to probably call them next week if I hadn't received anything by then. I hadn't received any of the email announcements or surveys so I was worried that my pass had gotten lost in the system somehow.

MK-fan

Just received my refund today, it was bigger than I expected. I did the math on what I thought it would be but it was almost double that.

Tamandua

Original Poster
I did the math on ours and it was pretty close to what I expected. They might have added a percent or two on top, or rounded somewhere, but it was pretty close to what it was supposed to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom