AP Magic Bands

glvsav37

Original Poster
We are doing a split stay in Aug and on MDE we see and can customize the 2 sets of MB's we get...1 for each resort.

However we also bought APs this year and in the past, I'm pretty sure we got a set of MBs for that as well. However, we don't see those in MDE. This tickets are linked to our reservation, but no MBs shown.

Should we be getting a set to customize for the APs (Gold level if it matters)?

(I don't want to turn this into a "thats too many MBs" discussion. We enjoy the different colors and customizations. So the argument is lost on me. Just want to know if they changed anything before I call to inquire)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Your pass has to be activated first before your magic bands will appear to customize if your purchased a NEW AP and not a renewal. So you will see them after you get there and your first use activating your annual pass. Then you can order them and have them for the next visit if you want to. But any MB's will work in your MDE account with your AP. Just use your 2 sets of resort bands for the first visit with your AP. They link to MDE and therefore you can use your AP or any tickets with those bands. They will give you a hard AP ticket to show for discounts and such that you will always have to use regardless. :)

glvsav37

Original Poster
gotcha...thx!! We won't be activating them until we get there in August, so I guess its the grey ones for us. Its cool...they will be the ones we add our MB skins too. :D:D

sxeensweet

gotcha...thx!! We won't be activating them until we get there in August, so I guess its the grey ones for us. Its cool...they will be the ones we add our MB skins too. :D:D

You're very welcome. To clarify you won't get any bands for your AP yet as they don't get sent unless you click to complete them and them to be shipped after you activate your pass. You don't receive any MB's at guest relations either when you activate your AP just the hard ticket for your AP. Then you do the customized free magic band later after you activate your pass for a later visit. So no need to have plain gray bands unless you order plain gray bands in MDE. You just use your resort bands/or hard AP ticket the first trip since you won't get any AP bands until after its activated and choosing them in MDE to be shipped to you later. You only receive one free MB per AP per year. :)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

ohhhh....so we won't get the basic grey at Guest relations when activating? Interesting

Correct you only get your hard ticket AP that you will always need for discounts and such anyway. This is what I had to do the last time I started a new AP. The complimentary MB you have to order from MDE after you activate your pass. :)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

From WDW official website:
(It goes into more detail but I included the main question asked)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/park-magic-band-pick-up/

Annual Passes – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

I am an Annual Passholder. Can I pick up my MagicBand the next time I visit Walt Disney World Resort?

A.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide Passholders with their MagicBands when they arrive at Walt Disney World Resort.

EvilQueen-T

So silly. When MBs first came out they sent them when we renewed our APs now all they'll do is the voucher card that we then have to activate and then send for a new MB is we want one. Not as fun giving as a Christmas gift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom