AOA anyone?

mrs moon

Original Poster
Hi We are staying at the Poly Oct next yr for 10 days and are wanting to extend by 3 days, we are not hiring a car & have been considering the AOA mermaid room (we are 2 adults plus a 12 yr old},,we would stay here first without tickets or dining plan.Our plan would probably be to do Seaworld one day and mall shopping & down town disney on day 2., we would probably use Uber.Can i ask yr opinion of AOA ,is this a good choice for a basic room or would you upgrade to suite for the three nights,or maybe choose somewhere else??

Clarissa McDaniel

Hi We are staying at the Poly Oct next yr for 10 days and are wanting to extend by 3 days, we are not hiring a car & have been considering the AOA mermaid room (we are 2 adults plus a 12 yr old},,we would stay here first without tickets or dining plan.Our plan would probably be to do Seaworld one day and mall shopping & down town disney on day 2., we would probably use Uber.Can i ask yr opinion of AOA ,is this a good choice for a basic room or would you upgrade to suite for the three nights,or maybe choose somewhere else??

We stayed at AOA our last trip. We had a suite in the Nemo section. We really enjoyed it. We explored the rest of the resort. Little Mermaid is pretty far (the farthest if I recall correctly) from the main building and transportation. It does have it's own pool area though.

elliepixie

It's a nice value resort, the pools are nice. It all depends how much you want to spend really, since you're not doing the parks and may be spending more time in the resort, you my want to look at amenities and stuff. Little Mermaid rooms are nice but standand and they are far from the food court. There is big price difference with the suites, so to see if it's worth it, consider what other resorts rooms you can get with that money, since you don't need all that extra space. Also, remember Little Mermaid rooms are never discounted, so sometimes you can even find a good discount on a moderate resort and get the room at almost the same cost.

wannabeBelle

I agree with ElliePixie, the Little Mermaid rooms are cute but once you factor in no discounts, you might be able to look at a room at one of the Moderates with more immersive theming, additional amenities, etc. I'd definitely look into the Port Orleans resorts, both are wonderfully themed, have a very peaceful relaxed feel and have boat transportation down to Disney Springs. Check out pictures of the different resorts here: http://www.kingdomkonsultantblog.com/p/resort-pictures.html to get a feel for these resorts. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom