Anyone want to help choose Fast Passes

Raegansmommy

Original Poster
We just planned a last minute trip to WDW (by last minute, I mean less than 3 months and prior we always starting planning about 8 months) and we have not been there in 6 years. I am trying to catch up on what we have missed over the last 6 years, but my Fast Pass booking day is fast approaching. Last time we were there my oldest was 2 1/2. This time my oldest is 8 and my youngest is 5. We will be going to MK twice, and the rest of the parks once. Soarin' is already on my list, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
If all riders are of height, FP Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Standby lines can get really long, really quick. I'd also FP Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Ranger Spin. The little ones might enjoy Peter Pan's Flight (wait times have been upwards of 70 minutes for standby). And Pirates of the Caribbean.

For HS, Fast Pass Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Epcot, get Test Track, if all meet the height requirements.

Animal Kingdom, get the Kilimanjaro Safari as early as you can, as the animals will be out and active early in the day. Everest will probably be too scary for the little ones (and height requirements may be an issue too).

As soon as you complete your 3rd FP, go ahead and book another one so that you may be able to find something to ride before/after a meal or if the weather is bad.

Just some of my thoughts. Enjoy your trip!!

kaitertot5249

Yay for last minute trips!!!! Making FastPass+ selections is one of my favorite parts of planning a Disney trip. That and the dining reservations ;)

I would echo what LadyBelle said and go for Seven Dwarves at Magic Kingdom, it's excellent but the wait times can be SUPER long. Splash Mountain and/or Big Thunder are good and are often tame enough for younger kids provided they meet the height requirements. The classics are also good options for FastPass+. Peter Pan can get really long lines but they updated the queue in 2014 and made it interactive so your kids might like that (it's pretty cool in my opinion), if you FastPass this one you miss the interactive queue so if you want to see that I would recommend going over to Peter Pan early in the morning before crowds start to build. Other options for MK would be Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise.

EPCOT and Hollywood Studios both have tiered systems that limit the number of headliners you can book in advance.

At EPCOT the first tier is made up of Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, and Illuminations. This is a pretty tough choice to make with both the Frozen Ever After ride and the updated Soarin' film opening fairly recently and Test Track being one of the parks longstanding favorites. My guess is that your family would be interested in all three of these options. Since you already mentioned that Soarin' was a priority for you you might want to choose that as your FastPass from Tier One, just keep in mind that you will be waiting upwards of 90 minutes if your kids want to do Frozen as well. Test Track and Soarin' can both be completed early with fairly low waits if you arrive within 30 minutes of park opening and get right in line for either. If your kids aren't interested in Frozen your choice might be a little easier to make but it's a new ride that has gotten great reviews so it might be worth checking out if possible. Other FastPass options at EPCOT would be Spaceship Earth (one of my favorites!), and The Seas with Nemo and Friends which is popular for families with kids.

Although Hollywood Studios has a tiered system like EPCOT, it's a little more straight forward. With Hollywood Studios being in a state of dramatic change right now, there a not a lot of attractions open at the moment but the ones that are open are attracting lines. Toy Story Midway Mania is one of the best rides on Disney property at the moment and because it's one of the few rides at Hollywood Studios that younger kids will enjoy the lines are consistently LONG. Other that that, I would go for Star Tours, Tower of Terror (if anyone in your party wants to ride), or the Great Movie Ride.

Most people's priority at Animal Kingdom is Kilimanjaro Safari. I would also add Kali River Rapids, DINOSAUR, or Meeting Mickey and Pals if your kids want to meet characters.

Have fun with your fast pass selections. TouringPlans.com has some great guides to choosing FastPass+ reservations so if you have time to do some reading I would recommend checking them out.

Sorry for this EXTREMELY long reply!!! Have fun planning your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom