Anyone know why ...

SirLink

Oh dear Lord ... how long before entire posts are

TTC to the MK from the EC to see POTC after WAMGDD but not before DAWM and certainly not during MVMCP which can sometimes conflict with FOLK and WWTBAM which no longer even exists in MGM.

It is quite an easy acronym though :cool:

Rob562

One reason that leads me to think that the MK hours extension next week was strictly because of the AP previews and not predicted crowds (at least during the week) is that they did not add a second MSEP nor did they move the existing parade and fireworks times later like they did with this Saturday's when they changed its closing to midnight a month or two ago.

-Rob

rudyjr13

Last night was fairly empty as we left at 8:30/9:00. Saw first showing of castle lights, only half turned on during the show. They turned the rest on shortly after it ended. We also were able to walk into New Fantasyland even though it was for DVC or AP only. Looked great at night. I think hours were for the controlled previews too not for larger crowds. I'll see how it is tonight as well.

2 and 3 year old loved Mermaid btw. I thought it was nice, like Nemo. Queue was really well themed.

One reason that leads me to think that the MK hours extension next week was strictly because of the AP previews and not predicted crowds (at least during the week) is that they did not add a second MSEP nor did they move the existing parade and fireworks times later like they did with this Saturday's when they changed its closing to midnight a month or two ago.

-Rob

I soooooo hope this is the case!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Maybe there's an influx of folks trying to avoid the election and its results?

Nah, besides (in what I consider borderline hysterical considering its past leanings and the typical guest it attracts, but 'the I-4 corridor' voted the same way it did in 2008.

I can't wait to return to WDW and talk politics in the parks ... always get such MAGICal glares, stares and do I dare punch him looks!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure the park is open so late because of the additional passholder NF previews added.

Yes. This is it.

Checked with some folks and it's the ridiculous amounts of 'previews' for DVCers, D23 members, APers and CMs.
I think they should have just opened the land for everyone if they were going to do things like this ... But I'll wait another 4-5 weeks before venturing back.

Tip Top Club

Yes. This is it.

Checked with some folks and it's the ridiculous amounts of 'previews' for DVCers, D23 members, APers and CMs.
I think they should have just opened the land for everyone if they were going to do things like this ... But I'll wait another 4-5 weeks before venturing back.

This has pretty much been the case, the land was open for everyone for most of the day Yesterday and I would expect that trend to continue on low attendance days for the next week and a half (or whatever).

docdebbi

But if anyone was planning to take a Disney vacation this week, they probably wouldn't change thier plans.

you're kidding right? i am from point pleasant nj, i fortunately still have a home, albeit with some water damage, and a new boat in my back yard. (calling boat owner- getting tired of having it in my back yard!)
many many many of my friends and co-workers are homeless and living in shelters, many who do have homes still, are not allowed to return yet. many of us have lost friends and family. we still have no electricity. i'm not talking about a few unlucky folks, i'm talking about entire middle class neighborhoods, people who never expected to be homeless. we do NOT live in a hurricane or tornado or earthquake area. no one was prepared for anything like this.
clearly those in mourning aren't going. clearly if you have no clothes or suitcases to put clothes in, clearly if you are busy emptying out every possession you have onto your front lawn for pick up, you aren't going.
odds are, if you have a house but no light to find clothes and suitcases, you aren't going. and i'm pretty sure the schools that are back in session (which is not a lot of them) are cancelling the week off.
yup, nothing to fear from Jersey week this year.
but we are JERSEY STRONG!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Nah, besides (in what I consider borderline hysterical considering its past leanings and the typical guest it attracts, but 'the I-4 corridor' voted the same way it did in 2008.

I can't wait to return to WDW and talk politics in the parks ... always get such MAGICal glares, stares and do I dare punch him looks!
Im sure its the same looks I got from Mrs. Hakuna while we were in D.C. just after the 2008 election and I was talking politics in the BHO exhibit at one of the museums.....

chucknstuff

There seems to be a CM recognition event at the studios tonight and the park is closing early, I believe they keeping the MK open for guests due to that.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
you're kidding right? i am from point pleasant nj, i fortunately still have a home, albeit with some water damage, and a new boat in my back yard. (calling boat owner- getting tired of having it in my back yard!)
many many many of my friends and co-workers are homeless and living in shelters, many who do have homes still, are not allowed to return yet. many of us have lost friends and family. we still have no electricity. i'm not talking about a few unlucky folks, i'm talking about entire middle class neighborhoods, people who never expected to be homeless. we do NOT live in a hurricane or tornade or earthquake area. no one was prepared for anything like this.
clearly those in mourning aren't going. clearly if you have no clothes or suitcases to put clothes in, clearly if you are busy emptying out every possession you have onto your front lawn for pick up, you aren't going.
odds are, if you have a house but no light to find clothes and suitcases, you aren't going. and i'm pretty sure the schools that are back in session (which is not a lot of them) are cancelling the week off.
yup, nothing to fear from Jersey week this year.
but we are JERSEY STRONG!!!

Sorry, I wasn't clear on my response. What I meant to say is that if you were otherwise un-effected by the hurricane and had a vacation planned that week, you probably wouldn't change those plans just because the convention was canceled and your kids school decided to stay open. I live in NJ, fortunetly in an area that wasn't to badly impacted by the storm, but it was a scary night.

With all that said, I agree that the extra hours are probably not a reaction to Jersey Week.

Dan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom