Anyone know any inside jokes and fun facts about Revenge of the Mummy?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I heard there are a lot of inside jokes and fun facts in Revenge of the Mummy. Does anyone know any?

I do know that there is an homage to the old Kongfrontation ride that used to be where Mummy is now. It is a golden King Kong Statue in the treasure room. Also, I believe the U.C. on the cars saying UC & Sons is a reference to Universal Creative (Universal's version of Disney Imagineering)

Anyone know any others?

MagliteL13

Some of Kong's ride track is still up.

This comes from a very, very good friend who is also a RotM Attendant....*wink*

Yeah, doing track walks at night with the lights on (looking for lost hats and such), you can see some old Kong track.

In scene 1(mummification chamber), some of the mummies have UO attire on. One has an IOA shirt, one a USF shirt, and one has a Kong hat. Now this isn't a joke, persay, but part of the story line. Ya know, recruiting extras for filming Revenge of the Mummy 3--the entire roller coaster like chase scene.

The RVs do have UC on them.

In the queue, there's remnants of the graffiti from Kong. I won't even begin to describe where cause the queue's confusing, but they're in Production and Vestibule (those are the names of the queue areas).

There's also an audio joke. (Kinda like at Jungle Cruise how the natives say "I love disco"). I won't spoil it, but leave it as a kind of challenge. Listen carefully in scene 4 (turntable/launch). It's two words.

Some say stuff about a ghost, but I honestly don't believe it. I think that's about it. Oh, there used to be (pretty sure it was taken down) a Kong poster in the breakroom.

Okay, I tried to not spoil too much.

MagliteL13

Studio West or something right? Just before you launch...

Yup. Studio West is actually the person that manages that area of the park. Universal's and Disney's management structure are slightly different, so they don't exactly compare otherwise I'd give a Disney example.

when i was there last, a cast member told me that in the regular line, there is a hand print on the wall and also in a coffin? supposably when you put your hand/hands on it, a hologram appears? i had an express pass so i'm not sure if it's true or if she was pulling my leg, but it's worth checking out

MagliteL13

when i was there last, a cast member told me that in the regular line, there is a hand print on the wall and also in a coffin? supposably when you put your hand/hands on it, a hologram appears? i had an express pass so i'm not sure if it's true or if she was pulling my leg, but it's worth checking out

Not a coffin, but in the normal line there's a chest. Read the sign that accompanies the chest and you'll see what happens.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
It talks about teamwork. If you put just your hand on it, you get eerie music and the lights flicker, but if you and another person in line on the opposite side puts their hand on it, you get a heavenly music, and the lights get a little brighter. :)

MagliteL13

It talks about teamwork. If you put just your hand on it, you get eerie music and the lights flicker, but if you and another person in line on the opposite side puts their hand on it, you get a heavenly music, and the lights get a little brighter. :)

"Evil by one hand, protection by two."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom