Anyone heard the Rumor Disney bought land in W-NC?

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Just wandering if anyone had heard this rumor..... you know how these things are...
Disney bought 700+ acres in WNC.
Supposedly Disney has purchased around 750 acres in NC??? I have heard many rumors in the past about Disney and other parks and have never believed them.....but was just curious if anyone else had heard this. :)

danv3

I know a couple of lawyers out that way who might know...I can ask them if they've heard anything. Any idea which county?

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I know a couple of lawyers out that way who might know...I can ask them if they've heard anything. Any idea which county?

No, I do not know the county... just the rumor that a large tract was purchased in the Western part of the state....:kiss:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney buys land all over the place. There will not be any theme park in NC.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think they just bought some more land in Florida. Do you think they will open another park ? :rolleyes:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Disney buys land all over the place. There will not be any theme park in NC.
I didn't mean in any way to suggest that this was to be a theme park.. only curious as to why this area? :) and if anyone else had heard the same thing...:)

nillyp

My guess would be that they may be considering a resort like the one they have at Hilton Head in SC. I don't know though, it's just a guess.

Champion

My guess would be that they may be considering a resort like the one they have at Hilton Head in SC. I don't know though, it's just a guess.

Not in Western NC. Nothing there.

There are plenty of other locations where are own land/are looking for own land where they would build a resort, however.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Well... I didn't get it.. but figured it was worth posting to see if anyone had heard of it. Land is High in that area in some places.
:confused:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually, here is a listing of all areas that there currently are rumors that Disney has bought land in the US:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

:D

HoW

I live in Asheville, NC, and while I would love to see a resort, entertainment district, or anything Disney in the area I haven't heard anything about a land purchase anywhere in the area.

fizzle75

I live in Asheville, NC, and while I would love to see a resort, entertainment district, or anything Disney in the area I haven't heard anything about a land purchase anywhere in the area.

I was born and raised in the mountains of Western North Carolina. I live in a little town called Cashiers which is right beside another little town called Highlands. Our area is a major tourist destination due to the beautiful scenery and numerous golf courses. We have actually had quite a few celebrities vacation here over the years. While I could totally see Disney persuing a Hilton Head type of resort in the mountains of western NC, I highly doubt it would happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom