Anyone have any problems with the Pop Warner kids in December?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Anyone have any problems with the Pop Warner kids that come to DisneyWorld in December for the Football championship?

I heard they fill up all the value resorts.. all starts and pop century?

LOL.. i picked the first week of december for a more quiet and less crowded time of year.. did i make a mistake? :( I read that the first 2 weeks of December usually has lower wait times and park crowds.. how can this be with the Pop Warner championship there? I feel like I was duped lol.. alot of websites said the days between thanksgiving and the first 2 weeks of december are not busy... :(

I'm staying at the Pop Century.. I LOOVVEE that place but is it going to be a madhouse the first week of december with unsupervised teens filling up every room?

brich

To be honest, I can't comment on the resort. In the past, we've been renting a home when we go in December. I can say that we had concerns in the park but we have never, ever had any problems. As a matter of fact, we found that if you strike up conversation with these youngsters, they are very proud to be down there representing their cities and towns. We bumped into a group from near our home town and had a fun time chatting. In my experience, they are for the most part, very well behaved. I wouldn't worry about the footballers. Be leary of any groups following yellow flags though... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

swimmom

The Pop Warner event goes until 12-10. Does anyone know if all the kids stay until the 10th & do some groups stay past the 10th?

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

swimmom said:
The Pop Warner event goes until 12-10. Does anyone know if all the kids stay until the 10th & do some groups stay past the 10th?

The ones we talked to were all leaving the last day or the next morning after the event was over. We met one group from our area and they were leaving that day and driving during the night. I doubt the "groups" stay longer due to money reasons, but some families may extend it for a vacation.

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I just called and found out that so far the resorts that will be hosting the kids so far are :

All Star Sports
All Star Music
Port Orleans Riverside

-=-

If they fill up then they'll add others.. it seems that even the moderate resorts arent fully safe yet.

Anyone know if the Pop Century had Pop Warners last year?

Upvote 0

swimmom

wannab@dis said:
The ones we talked to were all leaving the last day or the next morning after the event was over. We met one group from our area and they were leaving that day and driving during the night. I doubt the "groups" stay longer due to money reasons, but some families may extend it for a vacation.
Thanks! Our first full day will be the 9th.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never had a problem with either group. The cheerleaders can be a little annoying, :lookaroun but other than that no problems at all.

Upvote 0

brich

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
If they fill up then they'll add others.. it seems that even the moderate resorts arent fully safe yet.
Sounds like your preparing for the worst... Really, I feared this the first December we were going. I really didn't notice behavior any worse than kids with their own parents. On the contrary, I did encounter a religious group with young teenage boys who were absolutely obnoxious. They were meeting up at City Hall and were chasing each other around, literally running into people. One kid fell onto a baby in a stroller. And yet the adults in charge seemed more interested in standing around chit chatting. It wasn't apparent who they were aside from the group t-shirts they had on. I wondered if they were from a home for boys. In any event, the adults in charge should have at least made an attempt to control them.
So my point is, worry more about the others who may be more of a problem. I really don't think pop warner is going cause you any troubles... :D

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

I also mentioned this in another thread. We stayed at Riverside last year when there were at least 1400 rooms taken by the Pop Warner group.

We had only 2 possible complaints about them, although that is perhaps too strong a word. Since they travel as a group, they all arrive for the bus both to and from the resort as a huge mass. This problem is easily avoided if you are willing to forgo early entry. At least last year they followed the early entry schedule. By going to an "off day" park you missed the crowded busses altogether. (Otherwise the busses are almost as crowded as peak season ! )

The other complaint was that every night the cheerleaders overtook the hot tub, making it impossible get close to, let alone use. The chaperones were like people everywhere; some were very attentive to their responsibility and others were blind to everything around them. The girls were as annoying as giggling groups of pre-teens can be, and the incessant cheering as they walked to the bus-stops was REALLY grating on the nerves !

However, I was anticipating much worse. They are easily avoided without too much effort or inconvienience. From what I have read here and on other forums, perhaps they behaved a bit better at Riverside than at the Value Resorts. Still it would seem that the quality of the chaperones is largely a factor, and that will change from year to year.

Relax, and don't worry yourself into a frazzle before you go. Even if there are a few inconvieniences you're still at DisneyWorld !!
Enjoy !

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Never any real problems, they can just be annoying. Especially the cheerleaders.
They travel in large packs...large loud packs. And while they're not really doing anything wrong....they always look like they're right on the verge of it.
When we go in December we try to avoid the week that they're there.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

If you stay away from Pop Century and the All Star Resorts you should be okay.

They really aren't a big problem in the parks...sure you notice them, but not really an issue.

School field trips at Epcot are more of a problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom