Anyone else use CLE to fly out of?

Cmoore12282

Original Poster
Why is it so freakin expensive. I"ve searched every other airport within a reasonable distance and no one is that expensive. I think its continental, they control to much there. We're minutes away from hopkins but are gonna end up driving 2 hours to columbus because its half the price. Its ridiculous and frustrating. I know there is akron/canton to use too but their prices are going up quickly probly because so many people are going there over cleveland.

stevieg639

I completely agree. I do not use CLE anymore because it is so expensive. I have been flying out of PIT alot and it seems to be cheaper than even CLB. Hope that helps but I hope at some point that the price at CLE goes down.

Cmoore12282

Original Poster
Airtran flys out of columbus, same as akron. Right now for what we were looking at in september columbus is like 40 bucks cheaper per ticket each way than akron is. Im sure akron is more because people are flocking there over cleveland since you're getting a deal whatever you pay. It looks like we will be makin the 2 hour trek down 71 over the 10 min one to cle.

I'm having the same issue with flights out of CLE. They are ridiculous right now for travel in September. I've been checking every day to see what others have. We may fly out of Akron-Canton and take Airtran which is $240 right now compared to $380 out of CLE.

I remember last year though that we got our tickets in March for a trip in September. Then, in June, flights went to $160. We paid $240 but I hate waiting to see what will "happen" in the event that they go up instead of going down.

I just don't get why flying out of CLE is so ridiculously expensive. :shrug:

Cmoore12282

Original Poster
thats good, maybe prices will stay down some. Hopefully everyone has been going to akron instead so they'll have to lower the price to compete. We were late booking last year, waited until july to go in early september, and im pretty sure we only paid around 200 before all the hoopla they add in. Thats part of the reason i was so shocked at the prices now, i thought there would be some good deals looking this early but i was wrong.

Cmoore12282

Original Poster
so i saw the flights for 228 and was considering getting those booked this weekend maybe but not anymore. I just checked and they went from 228 to 406 within a couple of days. Im done with them. I expected them to be up a lil bit, perhaps 250 or something but instead they jumped by 180 bucks. nice eh.

JimboJones123

Why are direct flights such a pain to come across from Ohio. Geesh! Airtran from Columbus/Dayton. Southwest from Columbus/Dayton. Delta from Cincy. Does not leave much room for competitive rates.

The flights from Cleveland have been really crazy this year. I cannot get over the jump to 408 now. It's ridiculous. Akron/Canton isn't far from Cleveland and AirTran flies out of there so it's an option. I've not seen anything like the prices lately out of Cleveland.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom