anyone else think Chinese counter service restaurant at epcot is nasty

anyone else think chinese counter service at epcot is nasty

• Total voters

jw24

Being Taiwanese-American and extreme familiar with Chinese food, I've always voiced my dislike for Epcot's Chinese food. I did eat at Lotus Blossom once and haven't been back ever since. It's definitely Americanized and not actually authentic Chinese food. Believe me, you won't find orange chicken if you were to actually visit China! My entire family avoids American Chinese restaurant chains like PF Changs and Panda Express because the food is ridiculously salty and there are better options for Chinese food in my neck of the woods.

Matt_Black

Honestly? I've had no real desire for Chinese food, as there are plenty here in the Philadelphia area. Now, German or Moroccan food? Yes, please!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Ok you had me at strawberry shortcake, lol. I got to go give it another try
Lol! It all depends what you try there. One time I tried something other than the sandwich me and DH love and I did not care for it. Was one of the Asian dishes there and was pretty disappointed so I hope they never get rid of our fave sandwich and the strawberry shortcake. Oh and the sandwich is pretty big. Also some of the side snacks in the cooler like the pasta salad, and mozzarella and tomatoe cappese salad are good smaller snacks. :)

dreamfinder

It's Chinese counter service like any other Chinese take out. What did you expect?

I have some damn good Chinese take out around here. Probably not even close to being authentic, but I would say Chinese take out is fairly different than say mall Chinese food.

I do not get why everyone loves sunshine seasons so much. I am not that picky of an eater and Sunshine Seasons has nothing I will eat other than sweet and sour chicken. The chinese food place to me is better than Sunnshine Seasons.

Tamarind vegan beef for the win. Sunshine seasons has some great veggie friendly options that are different than the normal veggie burger/grilled veggies elsewhere.

plaz10

I don't like the orange chicken at all...had it on more than 1 occasion and it was just bland. But I've had the pot stickers and they were quite good!

Bparso87

This is the only country I haven't eaten at. It somehow never appeals to me I even hate drinking in China when drinking around the world. I love Chinese food but it does nothing for me at Epcot

Gig 'Em Mickey

Yeah it's mall food. Fried rice and egg rolls is all I've ever gotten. I don't expect much from most counter service places though, but it's pretty far down the list of WS CS places. That said, I would not categorize it as nasty. It's just not quite at the level of its competition in the other countries.

disney4life2008

Disagree, the potstickers, orange chicken and rice is aamazing albiet severely overrpiced. The best kept secret regarding quick service Chinese is the yak and yeti outside place at animal kingdom. Large fried rice, egg roll and drink was less than 10. The rice is aalso a snack credit.

erasure fan1

Nasty? No, not at all. Exactly what I would expect at Disney? Absolutely.

We also have a fantastic Chinese restaurant by us so everything else always falls short.

SagamoreBeach

I worked in a Chinese Restraurant kitchen in my younger days. Employees ate what the Chinese chefs made for that evening's meal and believe me....it was nothing like what was being served to the public. No similarities whatsoever!
-T

Phonedave

It's Chinese counter service like any other Chinese take out. What did you expect?

Exactly. It is the same as any place in a store front with two old tables and chairs, sun faded pictures of the menu items, and a lucky cat statue wrapped in cling film.

It is take out "chinese" food. Not bad for what it is, but it is what it is.

-dave

Phonedave

I worked in a Chinese Restraurant kitchen in my younger days. Employees ate what the Chinese chefs made for that evening's meal and believe me....it was nothing like what was being served to the public. No similarities whatsoever!
-T

I have a friend who spent over a decade in the military in Japan, and made trips to China. When he came home, his initial reaction to "chinese" take out was "what the heck is this garbage?".

Lucky for me I live in a very diverse area. There are plenty of real Chinese (along with Korean, Turkish, Japanese, Greek, Indian, and just about anything else you can think of) restaurants in the area. Heck, there is even a Mituwa shopping center - Kind of like the store in the EPCOT Japan pavilion - but bigger. and with authentic items and food.

http://www.mitsuwa.com/locations/edgewater/

Bairstow

That it be edible? Or at least as good as Chinese take-out I can get locally for $5?
Lotus Blossom is disgusting. It's at least 2 notches below what you can get elsewhere in The World for the same money.
Anandapur Local Food Cafe in Animal Kingdom, for instance, has similar prices and a nearly identical menu but serves much better food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom