anyone else think Chinese counter service restaurant at epcot is nasty

anyone else think chinese counter service at epcot is nasty

• Total voters

tdpolo26

Original Poster
just curious if anyone else has the same feelings... cause honestly we ate there in 2012 and it was atrocious ... even the dessert was gross...
has anyone ever tried the sunshine seasons i am hearing good things and we may go there this time
also is it just me or was the chinese for 20 years ago in epcot really good... i feel like i remember 20 or 25 years ago the counterservice was actually very good.
well thats my rant​

zurgandfriend

Never ate Chinese counter service in Epcot, we ate at Nine Dragons and thought it was meh. I have eaten at Sunshine Seasons many times and enjoyed it they have a good selection of foods that were very tasty.

s&k'smom

My daughter and husband went to the quick service last October and loved it. I do believe it has a pretty bad reputation but the service was amazing, CM friendly, not crowded at all, place was spotless and my daughter raved about her chicken.

Tinkerbella16

I have not been to Lotus Blossom since 2012 but I loved it when I last had lunch there! I love the orange chicken meal. I usually don't eat the dessert because I am too full but the food has always been great!

Sunshine Seasons is one of my favorite places to have lunch in Epcot! I always make sure to leave room for dessert there.. they have some of the best desserts! 4 weeks and I will be able to eat that delish strawberry shortcake!!!!

DisneyJunkie

Chinese counter service at Lotus Blossom was ok for us, though the ice cream was really good. We prefer the sit-down meal in Nine Dragons, though.....it's fantastic.

belledream

It kind of gives off that Panda Express vibe to me. We prefer Katsura Grill. Even though it's Japanese food as opposed to Chinese, their chicken platters are a lot tastier in our opinion and you can't go wrong with Udon!

dreamfinder

My wife thought it was like mall food court Chinese, I can't eat anything they serve as I've read even the veggie rice is cooked in beef/chicken broth. (I'm a vegetarian)

Sans Souci

My wife thought it was like mall food court Chinese, I can't eat anything they serve as I've read even the veggie rice is cooked in beef/chicken broth. (I'm a vegetarian)

Agreed. As a fellow veggie, I have read that the meat free options contain chicken broth, so I avoid it, too.

OSUgirl77

I have actually never been to Lotus Blossom, but eat at Sunshine Seasons every time I'm at Epcot! It's a great place to relax and eat inside without having to have an ADR.

stevehousse

Never eaten full meals here but we do like to sample food from all the countries as we usually will stop here for some egg rolls and all snack on a kids orange chix. Not the best Chinese food, but I wouldn't say it is bad at all. I do prefer yak and yeti though!

PhilharMagician

I think Sunshine seasons Chinese food offerings are better than Lotus Blossum. Also Nine Dragons is ok, it is not worth the price they charge. I do not see anything special in either restaurant specially since most communities have one or more Chinese restaurants that are superior. There are so many other good places to get a bite.

ninjaprincesst

Never ate Chinese counter service in Epcot, we ate at Nine Dragons and thought it was meh. I have eaten at Sunshine Seasons many times and enjoyed it they have a good selection of foods that were very tasty.
I do not get why everyone loves sunshine seasons so much. I am not that picky of an eater and Sunshine Seasons has nothing I will eat other than sweet and sour chicken. The chinese food place to me is better than Sunnshine Seasons.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I do not get why everyone loves sunshine seasons so much. I am not that picky of an eater and Sunshine Seasons has nothing I will eat other than sweet and sour chicken. The chinese food place to me is better than Sunnshine Seasons.
Have you tried their sandwiches? That is our fave there at SS. The turkey with chipotle mayo etc is absolutely delicious! And the strawberry shortcake is worth going just for that! Lol :)

tdpolo26

Original Poster
to be honest i have had better mall chinese food or wegmans ... the last time we ate there was in 2011 or 2012... and i can say it was very strange choices... i just remembered it being so much better. i mean where is the sesame chicken... real fried rice... how bout some mongolian beef....
if it were up to me i would contract panda express

tdpolo26

Original Poster
It's Chinese counter service like any other Chinese take out. What did you expect?
i have had panda express a few times which sadly they do not have up here and to be honest.... it was far better then this ... the chinese take out at my local grocer "wegmans" is far better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom