Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Jrb1979

My interest in vloggers is in jeoperdy. I realized most of them are too chicken poop to criticize Disney in the slightest.

Just like EAs battlefield 2042, or CDPRs cyberpunk 2077. Clearly buggy, unfinished junk that people bought in droves, and there are plenty of popular youtubers who got paid to say nothing but good things about them.
There is many other vloggers out there that isn't Disney centric that are really good.

Tom Morrow

My interest in vloggers is in jeoperdy. I realized most of them are too chicken poop to criticize Disney in the slightest.

Just like EAs battlefield 2042, or CDPRs cyberpunk 2077. Clearly buggy, unfinished junk that people bought in droves, and there are plenty of popular youtubers who got paid to say nothing but good things about them.

A large portion of these vloggers also never had any real love for the parks beyond "yeah they're fun!" perhaps, but just decided to try their hand at something accessible to them that could get them viewers easily. SuperEnthused for instance, I remember her starting out just vlogging oddities and lesser known tourist spots, before latching on to AdamTheWoo to be featured in a few videos. From there she gained some popularity and started vlogging the theme parks exclusively.

Like, say what you want about ATW and TimTracker, but at least Adam actually does have a love for the parks and Tim will actually offer criticisms sometimes.

Communicora

Premium Member
I enjoy the vloggers that visit the parks as tourists more than people who live nearby and visit repeatedly. It's been fun now that the UK contingent has been able to visit again.

My favorites include Karen Bee, Mr David and Mr Ian, Disney in Detail, Hannah Ricketts, Sam Mealey and L&R Dreaming.

Karen Bee just visited Disneyland and Aulani and Victoria from Disney in Detail just made her first return visit to WDW. Sam Mealey and Mr. David and Mr. Ian both had recent trips to Disneyland Paris.

Sir_Cliff

I was watching one of them last night and started wondering: Am I watching this because I don't want to go to the parks?

Let me explain:

I'm done with the parks. The only one I'd actually like to visit at this point is Tokyo - specifically because it is run by a different company who still holds to the original show/guest values.

The current parks (USA) have all the problems we've mentioned before with (summarized):
- increased costs
- reduced services
- nickel and diming
- increased complexity in visiting

It made me wonder last night if I was watching the vloggers because I really do like seeing the parks but I also really don't want to go.

Sort of like the fear the NFL has with, "Well, if everyone can just watch at home then no one will show up at the stadium! BLACK OUT DATES!" (which seems to me that it'd more work against them than for them).

I wonder if Disney has reached that point with a lot of us to where we've kind of had it with Disney but still like to see the pictures from it from time to time because of the memories.
I can relate to this as I have surprised myself lately by actually sitting and watching some of the 4K WDW walk throughs of parks and resorts when they have popped up while scrolling through YouTube on my TV after a long day of work.

I also don't really have any great desire to go for all the reasons you mention, but there is something nice about getting that little taste of WDW without having to spend a fortune and deal with apps, reservations, Lightening Lane, etc.

That said, I don't watch any vloggers these days as I don't really enjoy the commentary and personalities. I imagine they fulfil the same purpose for others, though, and for some just watching a video of the boat ride from Port Orleans Riverside to Disney Springs with no narration would seem a little weird!

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I enjoy the vloggers that visit the parks as tourists more than people who live nearby and visit repeatedly. It's been fun now that the UK contingent has been able to visit again.

My favorites include Karen Bee, Mr David and Mr Ian, Disney in Detail, Hannah Ricketts, Sam Mealey and L&R Dreaming.

Karen Bee just visited Disneyland and Aulani and Victoria from Disney in Detail just made her first return visit to WDW. Sam Mealey and Mr. David and Mr. Ian both had recent trips to Disneyland Paris.
I agree to this and that is why most of my favorite vloggers are from the UK. They do fly to Orlando a couple of times a year but at least it's not weekly or even daily.

Adam Hattan is one of the best vloggers out there and I'm excited for the new ones coming up since he's currently in Disney World right now. L&R Dreaming is great as well. Their Disneyland then Aulani Hawaii trip is one of my favorites.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I agree to this and that is why most of my favorite vloggers are from the UK. They do fly to Orlando a couple of times a year but at least it's not weekly or even daily.

Adam Hattan is one of the best vloggers out there and I'm excited for the new ones coming up since he's currently in Disney World right now. L&R Dreaming is great as well. Their Disneyland then Hawaii trip is one of my favorites.
5 pm UK time for the new Adam hattan series.

Robbiem

I can relate to this as I have surprised myself lately by actually sitting and watching some of the 4K WDW walk throughs of parks and resorts when they have popped up while scrolling through YouTube on my TV after a long day of work.

I also don't really have any great desire to go for all the reasons you mention, but there is something nice about getting that little taste of WDW without having to spend a fortune and deal with apps, reservations, Lightening Lane, etc.

That said, I don't watch any vloggers these days as I don't really enjoy the commentary and personalities. I imagine they fulfil the same purpose for others, though, and for some just watching a video of the boat ride from Port Orleans Riverside to Disney Springs with no narration would seem a little weird!

4k WDW is a nice fix. Another good channel is yamato style which does a nice 30 sec from the tokyo parks most days

Disney4family

Congratulations to Cory of "Cory Meets World" for raising $39,524 for Give Kids the World Village last night!!!
Special thanks to all the other vloggers - Josh "ResortTV1", Nick "MagicalNewsLIVE", Nate "Paging Mr. Morrow", John "BigFatPanda", Donna "Dinners with Donna" Richie "RJohns", Steve "Steve's World", and Giljs Piano, Neal Rosen, Kyle, and Disney's own Yehaa Bob.

castlecake2.0

Looks like they’re all in some hot water this week. Kyle Palo caught in a quarantine lie and PMM/WDWcouple creating havoc at the monorail resorts.

Jrb1979

Looks like they’re all in some hot water this week. Kyle Palo caught in a quarantine lie and PMM/WDWcouple creating havoc at the monorail resorts.
The drama from these people. I don't watch any of them now. The best park vloggers are non Mouse ones. CoasterStudios and Carpetbagger are 2 of the best. You should give them a chance. Coaster Studios was just in Europe and did a few parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom